ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Iowa

hahahaha the FG kick hit the bar and bounced in for a good field goal. Opposite of what happened to UConn back in the day.
That was in ‘08 the game that started the winning streak. I describe that as the game both teams were trying not to win. Their kicker had two doinks—one off each upright. Never saw anything like it.

Reactions: Extra Point
#77 is absolutely absymal in pass blocking...it's like watching Kamaal Seymour play LT instead of RT.

Sutton getting hurt did more damage than us not having a competent QB.

simon almost getting a safety there, with that much time, is beyond absurd. That right there shows a lack of coaching

Night ladies and gents … defense played well.

300 yards passing and a TD pass to break the streak.

Simon can win here. Needs a line to protect him.

Sorry but I don’t agree. He had enough time to get throws off. He just throws into double or triple coverage. It wasn’t until Iowa was up 3 scores and backed off completely that he was able to complete reads. Just like against Maryland. He can help us avoid losing 78-0 but I’m not sure he can help us win.

Reactions: SBP and RutgersNo1
There should have been more roughing the passer calls. They were hitting him clearly after ball had left his hands. They kept doing it because refs not calling it.

Pants update since ‘05:
7-11 in all red (39%)
0-3 in red pants on road
7-14 in red pants overall (33%)
5-7 in black (42%)
12-21 overall (36%)
12-18 at home (40%)
91-91 in white pants (50%)

Last edited:
Sorry but I don’t agree. He had enough time to get throws off. He just throws into double or triple coverage. It wasn’t until Iowa was up 3 scores and backed off completely that he was able to complete reads. Just like against Maryland. He can help us avoid losing 78-0 but I’m not sure he can help us win.
Mike Teel's first year starting he had 2 TDs to 10 Ints. Hell even his second he had 12/13. I think we all agree he turned out ok right? Sometimes it takes some time to find your footing. Not everyone comes in and lights it up immediately. He's had exactly 2 games where he was actually able to play start to finish. One against one of the best defenses in the country. I see some promise.

Mike Teel's first year starting he had 2 TDs to 10 Ints. Hell even his second he had 12/13. I think we all agree he turned out ok right? Sometimes it takes some time to find your footing. Not everyone comes in and lights it up immediately. He's had exactly 2 games where he was actually able to play start to finish. One against one of the best defenses in the country. I see some promise.
Why cant they light it up immediately... all of cfb teams seem to have qbs who do that

Think Simon progressed a lot today. OL improved compared to last year but not sure if it's good enuf to win 3 games in B1G east. The D is real good. Like our D. Made all the crucial stop today except on those slant run plays. Got creamed on those and ultimately gave up a TD. Hope we give GW 2 full games to see how he does.

Reactions: RUTRINI
abysmal offensive playcalling and execution. That is on coaching, no question about it. Not having a qb that can execute, that's on the coaches and is indefensible.

Well Vedral is in his 6th year and is no better yet people think he should start, so I don't know.

He is much better at reading the defense and adjusting the play accordingly. His arm isn’t great and so he’s not a threat to throw a long ball but in this particular game he would’ve been a huge help. We likely score a TD on the opening drive with Noah and punt it away on the second drive -Vedral is a veteran in that respect. He would not have thrown that pick 6. Not playing from behind would’ve been huge for us.

He is much better at reading the defense and adjusting the play accordingly. His arm isn’t great and so he’s not a threat to throw a long ball but in this particular game he would’ve been a huge help. We likely score a TD on the opening drive with Noah and punt it away on the second drive -Vedral is a veteran in that respect. He would not have thrown that pick 6. Not playing from behind would’ve been huge for us.
Maybe. I remember him throwing 2 brutal picks against Illinois when we were trying to put the game away and we lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT