ADVERTISEMENT

Gavitt Games pick 'em

TEAM RUTGERS CAN JUMP
1. Penn State

If you are at McDonalds and you see Mike Watkins and he cuts you in line just smile and let him order.

If the RAC is really the old RAC Mike Watkins gets killed by the fans all game long. Looking back I cringe about what was done to kids like Donald Hodge of Temple. Yelling "Prop 48" and "Hodge can't read" were awful.

TEAM RUTGERS CAN JUMP
1. Penn State

If you are at McDonalds and you see Mike Watkins and he cuts you in line just smile and let him order.

If the RAC is really the old RAC Mike Watkins gets killed by the fans all game long. Looking back I cringe about what was done to kids like Donald Hodge of Temple. Yelling "Prop 48" and "Hodge can't read" were awful.
Penn State; Illinois and Northwestern are squads we can jump. I have never really been a huge fan of B1G 10 Basketball but the league this year is tough as hell and I think either 1 or 1A with the ACC. We may not have the most Top 10 squads but we will have the most teams in the Top 40 - 50 as the depth of the league is its strength.

TEAM RUTGERS CAN JUMP
1. Penn State

PSU didn’t look good tonight, and DePaul should have won by 15. Instead they got sloppy and let PSU force OT before barely escaping with a win.

Rutgers got a mention on the telecast for having a tourney drought longer than DePaul’s.

Iowa knocked off Oregon but the Ducks hardly looked like a top-25 team. Actually them and Syracuse both were brutal on offense for long stretches at MSG.

Reactions: RutgHoops
i keep hearing Iowa sucks but they took down a top 15 team. That was a bad loss for Penn State which may be headed back towards the bottom.
Do you really believe Oregon should have been ranked 15th? They lost four starters from last year's tourney, and they don't have a track record of reloading. Oregon will finish in the middle of the Pac 12 at best. Iowa may not suck this year, but let not forget this team struggled last year against average competition. Iowa needs show improvement on defense before we talk about them being a better team.
I would not be surprised if Penn State is the team that finishes last in the B1G this year.

Worst I saw was directed at Luther Wright of SHU. "Luther can't read this" sign were beyond the limits of good taste.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
When you see PSU, Iowa and NW I think you may add them as well.

Illinois didn't have Trent Frazier last night. It's close to us playing without Geo. He is their best player. And he is going to be back as I believe he sustained a concussion in practice this week.
Wasn't saying take them off the list, just mentioning the Frazier injury.

For me the list of teams we could jump is Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, and Northwestern.
Those of you who think Iowa is an also-ran this year, just don't spend enough time studying rosters. Iowa may be the most balanced team in the conference and they're deep too. I mentioned them as a top 4 B1G team preseason and people scoffed. Still early, but they look good.

ADVERTISEMENT