ADVERTISEMENT

Geo baker to RU

How so? Coach Knight sees something in the kid, I'll take his opinion.
Was going by Geo going to get more offers from top schools because of KSt offering.
Then told KSt and Memphis offer to just about every recruit they see.( exaggeration but general idea)
Wasn't knocking Baker's talent, just disappointed to hear from someone I think is in the know
that Geo Baker might not be a player with a lot of offers from top programs and the offers that I expected him to receive might not be there..

Was going by Geo going to get more offers from top schools because of KSt offering.
Then told KSt and Memphis offer to just about every recruit they see.( exaggeration but general idea)
Wasn't knocking Baker's talent, just disappointed to hear from someone I think is in the know
that Geo Baker might not be a player with a lot of offers from top programs and the offers that I expected him to receive might not be there..

Others were starting to get involved. I am not saying he will be a superstar, but let's relax a little about losing the good feelings.

Reactions: MADHAT1
@Richard Schnyderite I'll catch up one of these days! ;)

I didn't hear if he was offered though. Any idea Richard?

EDIT: Whoops see they offered him in the monday morning kickoff. Thanks for the article [thumb2]

If anyone thinks a player with these offers is going to help Rutgers get to the middle of the pack in the B1G you are sorely mistaken. I find it amusing that those who tout how good this kid is are considered good fans and not trying to show how much they know about basketball while others who have a different opinion are put down.

Heard it was Eugene Omoruyi. I believe a 2016 guy
I watched video of Omoruyi in Atlanta at the UAA Finals. He is a very good offensive rebounder. Scored quite a bit of his points on putbacks. He was able to finish in traffic and thru contact, or get to the FT line. Has some toughness and a nose for the ball.

When he posted up and scored, it was usually on an up and under move. He will spot up and can straight line drive to the basket to score if he doesn’t need more than two dribbles.

He is an average athlete, not explosive or very quick. I did see two dunks in transition but he barely got to the rim. He shoots far too many three-pointers. He can make them occasionally but the percentage he makes is very low but he continues to shoot them. He’s best operating from 17-feet and in.

I just couldn’t figure out what position he’d play. His game is more power forward than small forward but I don’t think he has enough size to defend most power forwards down low. I also don’t think he has the quickness or athleticism to defend one of the most difficult positions on the court.

Classic tweener who would probably thrive at a mid major.

Reactions: higgins3
Omoruyi reminds me some of Jamel Allen out of Long Island who signed with Iona. IMO Allen is a little further developed and is an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT