ADVERTISEMENT

Glasgow has been suspended until further notice

Bummer, Looks like maybe one of the freshman or Donner steps up.
Donner looked good wrestling in the off season and I seem to remember he was a top 100 recruit.

I told everyone he would not be wrestling at 165 despite what Abro predicted ...
That's great, so glad you were so clever to come up with a play on words. But I doubt we'll ever see Glasgow at any weight moving forward here at Rutgers.

Crazy that him and Mekhi Lewis were practice partners at Bound Brook, and one has risen to national champs status as a freshman while also being an Olympic candidate and the other is starting his sophomore season on the suspension list. Real shame.

Reactions: Leonard23
Crazy that him and Mekhi Lewis were practice partners at Bound Brook, and one has risen to national champs status as a freshman while also being an Olympic candidate and the other is starting his sophomore season on the suspension list. Real shame.

Absolutely disastrous - a tale of two high school champs with one making the best of it and the other on a total different path.

I know it's water under the bridge now as we see our guy faltering. But guys in my season ticket group are from Bound Brook, they always said Mekhi was the far better college prospect and probable national champ. Now did they think he would win it his redshirt freshman year, hell no. They thought Glasgow could be a multi-time AA if he could past his injury issues in high school. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Absolutely disastrous - a tale of two high school champs with one making the best of it and the other on a total different path.
Some guys want it and are willing to make the sacrifices, and some guys don’t.

Last edited:
I know it's water under the bridge now as we see our guy faltering. But guys in my season ticket group are from Bound Brook, they always said Mekhi was the far better college prospect and probable national champ. Now did they think he would win it his redshirt freshman year, hell no. They thought Glasgow could be a multi-time AA if he could past his injury issues in high school. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh, Mekhi was without question the better wrestler. I believe he was 2x NJ wrestler of the year and he was unbelievable to watch but Glasgow was always talented. There was definitely a noticeable gap between the two in HS but they were at least in the same discussion. Now Mekhi is a national champ and Olympic hopeful, and Glasgow at the moment is an also-ran.

I have no idea why he’s suspended but I hope he gets his life together because he was probably the best wrestling prospect in between the Ashnault and (hopefully) JoJo era.

Well, I was way wrong about SG being a good one for us, but was totally right about getting a definitive answer this season...1/2 ain't too bad. Lol

My bet is that SG does not wrestle again at RU sadly
giphy.gif

Reactions: zazoo2002
My bet is that SG does not wrestle again at RU sadly

Is he still in school? I was hoping to see big things this year, health and results. Best of luck to him and this will free up money for someone who wants to be here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT