ADVERTISEMENT

Great T. Hunt Article re: Ajani Sheppard

Ajani should get his feet wet this year, and be ready to go next year. What I especially like about him is that he is very accurate with his throws. If we can upgrade our wide receiver Corp, we should have a very explosive offenses in short order. It would help if we had a tight end who could make plays in the seam of the defense.

"Coach Ciarrocca was his No. 1 guy out of the four he was considering. He’s going to have Ciarrocca run a system that caters to us as quarterbacks." 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

Reactions: Rutgers8086
With maturity like that, he will either out work the competition and become our starter one day, and/or I see him becoming a good coach.

Reactions: rutgersal
It sounds good, but why was Old Dominion his only offer before Greg, without an OC, offered him?

If Gavin doesn’t show nice improvement, Ajani may get a start mid season. Some nice stats at Iona Prep. Almost 5000 yards in 2+ yrs. 43 td’s/ 10 int’s. 230 lb 17 year old. He also had interest from Army and Air Force, so must be academically strong.
And seems very mature for his age. May be a good find.

If Gavin doesn’t show nice improvement, Ajani may get a start mid season. Some nice stats at Iona Prep. Almost 5000 yards in 2+ yrs. 43 td’s/ 10 int’s. 230 lb 17 year old. He also had interest from Army and Air Force, so must be academically strong.
And seems very mature for his age. May be a good find.

People said the same about Gavin. Give the kid a year to adjust to Big 10 football.

Kids a straight up bulldawg it seems. Tough, savy, smart. He will compete for sure!

@madchuck

We have posters here looking for a savior at QB and think that a 2 star freshman fits the bill. The kid will need at least a year before he sees the field, if he sees it at all imo.

“Waste your summer praying in vain
For a savior to rise from these streets”

Last edited:
Reactions: runner3283
@madchuck

We have posters here looking for a savior at QB and think that a 2 star freshman fits the bill. The kid will need at least a year before he sees the field imo, if he sees it at all imo.

Ah! Balance. Excess optimism followed by excess pessimism.

Reactions: Knightmoves
@madchuck

We have posters here looking for a savior at QB and think that a 2 star freshman fits the bill. The kid will need at least a year before he sees the field, if he sees it at all imo.

He'll be a savior until the first 3 and out. The fairy dust will have been blown off by then.

Gavin was going to have us competing for Big Ten Championships - now he's getting best out by a 2 star true freshman QB.
This board never ceases to amaze.
Most responses were expressing positive thoughts about his responses in the interview. I don’t see many saying that he’s the new starting QB. Maybe they were deleted.

Most responses were expressing positive thoughts about his responses in the interview. I don’t see many saying that he’s the new starting QB. Maybe they were deleted.
How about this one?

“If Gavin doesn’t show nice improvement, Ajani may get a start mid season. Some nice stats at Iona Prep. Almost 5000 yards in 2+ yrs. 43 td’s/ 10 int’s. 230 lb 17 year old. He also had interest from Army and Air Force, so must be academically strong.
And seems very mature for his age. May be a good find.”

How about this one?

“If Gavin doesn’t show nice improvement, Ajani may get a start mid season. Some nice stats at Iona Prep. Almost 5000 yards in 2+ yrs. 43 td’s/ 10 int’s. 230 lb 17 year old. He also had interest from Army and Air Force, so must be academically strong.
And seems very mature for his age. May be a good find.”
Yes, I said “most”. One or two posters doesn’t constitute “The Board”.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Gavin was going to have us competing for Big Ten Championships - now he's getting best out by a 2 star true freshman QB.
This board never ceases to amaze.
Who said he was going to take us to B1G Championships? I certainly didn’t.
If Gavin continues to play with wild inaccuracy we should see Sheppard get playing time by mid-season.

Who said he was going to take us to B1G Championships? I certainly didn’t.
If Gavin continues to play with wild inaccuracy we should see Sheppard get playing time by mid-season.

Didn’t say you personally did.
Check the Wimsatt commitment thread though. He was the best QB recruit ever and a sign of Rutgers and HC Schiano putting CFB on notice.

Read it and then think about 1.5 years later people saying a 2 star true freshman will be pushing him for playing time

Every QB recruit is the next big thing before they actually play.
Not saying Shepard won’t be great but I’ll wait until he actually plays.

Still waiting for the first incomplete pass in a QB recruit video.

Didn’t say you personally did.
Check the Wimsatt commitment thread though. He was the best QB recruit ever and a sign of Rutgers and HC Schiano putting CFB on notice.

Read it and then think about 1.5 years later people saying a 2 star true freshman will be pushing him for playing time

Every QB recruit is the next big thing before they actually play.
Not saying Shepard won’t be great but I’ll wait until he actually plays.

Still waiting for the first incomplete pass in a QB recruit video.
What is wrong with you?

1. Gavin WAS the highest rated R Football recruit.
2. It’s normal for people to be excited when good things happen, like a talented player committing to Rutgers.
3. The commitment news is always months/year BEFORE THE PLAYER PLAYS. Again, it’s OK to be happy and get excited when commitment news comes out. It’s kinda what this website is about.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Do high school QBs analyze the aerial coverage of NFL games and break it down with a defensive player or coach like Sheppard says he has done?
Good ones do.
The high 22 camera is great for showing concepts in action and showing where coverage holes will develop.
I love watching games that way when it's available as a bonus channel.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT