ADVERTISEMENT

Great WSJ article on Chris Ash' efforts

google wsj chris ash, and it should allow you to read without the subscription.

Not the negativity of the SL but nowhere near cheerleader status either. Fair article

He is on top of every detail:

"One of the first meetings I had here, that was with the custodial staff,” Ash said recently.

He transformed the layout of the head coach’s office, rearranging the chairs, desk and getting rid of a clunky old statue of a knight’s armor.:scream:

But like Dirty Harry said, a man has to know is limitations:

"If I’m constantly going around worrying about a picture being straight or this being clean,” he said, “it’ll just take me away from the things that are really important.”

It's astounding how much damage what's his face did to the program. He took it from "newly invited to the big ten, first top 25 class ever" to "program in need of a complete overhaul" in just 4 years.

It's astounding how much damage what's his face did to the program. He took it from "newly invited to the big ten, first top 25 class ever" to "program in need of a complete overhaul" in just 4 years.

Just goes to show you can't half ass any even small part of the program. It's a 24/7 job. If you're not willing to give a max effort, you shouldn't be in the profession.

Just goes to show you can't half ass any even small part of the program. It's a 24/7 job. If you're not willing to give a max effort, you shouldn't be in the profession.
In fairness, old what's his face was only getting 50% of the pay that Ash is getting. Thus 100% of the effort on 50% of the items was appropriate.

In fairness, old what's his face was only getting 50% of the pay that Ash is getting. Thus 100% of the effort on 50% of the items was appropriate.
And that's at peak pay. Before that, it was considerably less than 50%.

Any time an article requires a subscription - just google the title and you will more times than not have access.

By the way - WSJ is not a great place to go to for sports articles but the little they do put out is very good - especially the series "take a number" (today's list the alltime Yankee killers )

New coaches are kind of like new wives. The new one gets rid of the old ones scent.
I am just tired of being in rebuilding mode most of the time. Hope this guy is the real deal.

Reactions: soundcrib
He is on top of every detail:

"One of the first meetings I had here, that was with the custodial staff,” Ash said recently.

He transformed the layout of the head coach’s office, rearranging the chairs, desk and getting rid of a clunky old statue of a knight’s armor.:scream:

But like Dirty Harry said, a man has to know is limitations:

"If I’m constantly going around worrying about a picture being straight or this being clean,” he said, “it’ll just take me away from the things that are really important.”

I've been complaining about that knight for years. It looked like the kind of garbage you would find at a garage sale for $50. And this was the centerpiece of Floods recruiting strategy. "Take a photo with me, The Great Kyle Flood, in my messy office and this piece of sh*t suit of armor I found on craigslist." What a thrill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT