ADVERTISEMENT

Hall's Kadary Richmond to portal

Nice player. Would have been surprising if he didn’t enter the portal. Should get a good payday.

He’s their best player. I like his game. Will get quite a bag.

good for him.
shoe may be a feeder program going forward...like SJU, they need to overpay and have a big NIL to go there...
if he goes to SJU, suppose it's the player to be named later in the Wusu trade last year

but the smurfs are stoked for getting a bench player from OSU who I am not sure even played against us...averaged 4.4 pts...

You can’t believe the numbers that get thrown around.
According to some, SHU offered him $700K but he turned it down in the hope of a bigger payday. The $1 million number is based on market value since he now is the best player available in the portal.

Hard to imagine 1M for a player without a jump shot from 3, but Richmond is the perfect college player.

A( He's a 1st team all conference player who has the 5th year/bonus season because the covid season didn't count.

B) He lacks the quickness and jumper to launch into the NBA.

1M would be crazy, SHU made a quality offer, but they're better off spreading that money around to 2 or 3 other players instead of investing it all into Richmond.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I read that SJU hasn't succeeded in getting anyone out of the portal. That must include Big Cliff. Any ideas why? Is Pitino not a draw or is it all about the money.

Hard to imagine 1M for a player without a jump shot from 3, but Richmond is the perfect college player.

A( He's a 1st team all conference player who has the 5th year/bonus season because the covid season didn't count.

B) He lacks the quickness and jumper to launch into the NBA.

1M would be crazy, SHU made a quality offer, but they're better off spreading that money around to 2 or 3 other players instead of investing it all into Richmond.
that part made me laugh (not at you but the term used to describe the current crop of players).

NIL is going to be a major issue for Shaheen and SHU. They just lost high scoring wing Dre Davis to Ole Miss.

Rumors that Ricky and SJU may be the favorites for Richmond. Hall fans won’t be happy with that next season.

Last edited:
Clearly, I have no clue how NIL works.

Because I don't get why St. Johns has so much money to spend. (Or, at least, people seem to think they do.) Every time a big name enters the portal it's "Oh ... he must going to St. Johns".

I understand the Indiana's, Kentucky's and North Carolina's. Long history of winning. Large and passionate fan base. St. Johns isn't in that category. Is it?

Is this just because of Pitino? Does he have some special NIL secret nobody else knows about? Makes no sense to me.

Because I don't get why St. Johns has so much money to spend. (Or, at least, people seem to think they do.) Every time a big name enters the portal it's "Oh ... he must going to St. Johns".

I understand the Indiana's, Kentucky's and North Carolina's. Long history of winning. Large and passionate fan base. St. Johns isn't in that category. Is it?

Is this just because of Pitino? Does he have some special NIL secret nobody else knows about? Makes no sense to me.
Mike Repole, billionaire co-founder of vitamin water, is committed to being St. John’s NIL piggy bank. Says he’ll spend whatever Pitino needs.

Mike Repole, billionaire co-founder of vitamin water, is committed to being St. John’s NIL piggy bank. Says he’ll spend whatever Pitino needs.
Thanks. That certainly explains that.

Now, how do we get one of these guys?

Reactions: KevH and tm_nj
SJU getting all this NIL cash is mad shady

Why? How is that any different than Duke , unc, Kentucky, Kansas etc etc etc having some benefactor(s) paying major $$$ for NIL

Sure Pitino is shady

And NIL, in general, is shady as hell

By why is SJU in particular having NIL $ shady?

Except they are not getting anyone.

Why? How is that any different than Duke , unc, Kentucky, Kansas etc etc etc having some benefactor(s) paying major $$$ for NIL

Sure Pitino is shady

And NIL, in general, is shady as hell

By why is SJU in particular having NIL $ shady?
Small parochial school with a small fanbase and a real helter skelter recent history. Now they have cash to throw around?

Would make more sense for them to have the NIL struggles Shoe has

Small parochial school with a small fanbase and a real helter skelter recent history. Now they have cash to throw around?

Who have they gotten?

You do realize that people could VERY easily say similar about us: a school that has traditionally sucked all of a sudden has two future lottery picks and the second best recruiting class?

Just sayin’

SJU apparently has some billionaire booster guy (and we obviously did what we needed to do in this new NIL world).

Last edited:
Repole is known for owning race horses that compete in the Kentucky Derby and other high profile races.

You do realize that people could VERY easily say similar about us: a school that has traditionally sucked all of a sudden has two future lottery picks and the second best recruiting class?

Just sayin’

SJU apparently has some billionaire booster guy (and we obviously did what we needed to do in this new NIL world).
RU getting the #2 and #3 recruits in a single class is science fiction..... except it's real.

Ya it's the lack of structure that is the issue.

You can't really structure commerce and free market. The issue is the players wanted to be able to use their image for business opportunies. Boosters don't like at getting athletes from a traditional business ROI. It's simply pay for play. The SC has already ruled on this.

The only thing the NCAA can do is limit transferring to some degree. And even that will get challenged.

This is all heading toward a professional situation, complete with salaries and collective bargaining. It's going to be pro sports, just not as good. But even that isn't going to level the playing field because the issue of paying players for bs marketing will always be there.

Reactions: Wagram97
You can't really structure commerce and free market. The issue is the players wanted to be able to use their image for business opportunies. Boosters don't like at getting athletes from a traditional business ROI. It's simply pay for play. The SC has already ruled on this.

The only thing the NCAA can do is limit transferring to some degree. And even that will get challenged.

This is all heading toward a professional situation, complete with salaries and collective bargaining. It's going to be pro sports, just not as good. But even that isn't going to level the playing field because the issue of paying players for bs marketing will always be there.
We desperately need contracts…and while we’re at it just make attending classes optional…since most of the real good players don’t want to be there anyway.

Reactions: Caliknight
Contracts make sense in a normal business environment and they will likely happen but there will still be under the table money exchanges for pay for play.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT