ADVERTISEMENT

Hankering for some Wrestling Recruiting Info

We have RU Athletics Admin support, we have athletes doing their job on the mat and in classroom, the staff working well together, and in a couple years OOS will be easier due to Big Ten payout. We will be all set if we can continue to keep NJ kids home since they see ascending the podium in March is clearly viable with staying home. NJ kids with two or three OOS will produce a top 10 recruiting class annually. Off the mat we are raising record donations via SKWC which will help keep RTC packed with talent, equipment and travel budget.

Is there a reason why we need to keep this recruitment quite? Just don't get it.

Is there a reason why we need to keep this recruitment quite? Just don't get it.
It's odd, wrestling and football are so different when it comes to this. HS football players are tweeting everyday when they get a new offer or take a visit. Wrestling not so much.

That being said I hope the kid wasn't PA State Champ Jacob Oliver because he committed to Edinboro last night.

Next Wednesday as in June 1st. I'd rather not mention any names until after the visit and I see what he thinks. It's not Jacob Oliver, lol - don't worry he will not be committing anywhere else before the visit and I wouldn't expect a commitment during this one. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he wraps up his recruitment this summer.

As an RU alum, I'm hoping it will go well because I think it would be a great fit for both, but there are a lot of aspects to consider in a college decision.

Just thought I'd share some positives on RU wrestling, which is on it's way to a really great future IMO.

Last edited:
I dont understand why it i kept so quiet either. Why does it need to be a secret who is visiting where? It doesn't change or effect anything.

I dont understand why it i kept so quiet either. Why does it need to be a secret who is visiting where? It doesn't change or effect anything.
I'm with u I don't c the harm on talking about who is visiting but I guess It's because they don't want another Creedo incident to occur. The difference was Creedo stated that a PSU wrestler DEF was transferring and hadn't talked to Cael yet. So it makes sense to have had the rumored PSU identity protected but not sure on just a visiting possible recruit.

Next Wednesday as in June 1st. I'd rather not mention any names until after the visit and I see what he thinks. It's not Jacob Oliver, lol - don't worry he will not be committing anywhere else before the visit and I wouldn't expect a commitment during this one. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he wraps up his recruitment this summer.

As an RU alum, I'm hoping it will go well because I think it would be a great fit for both, but there are a lot of aspects to consider in a college decision.

Just thought I'd share some positives on RU wrestling, which is on it's way to a really great future IMO.
Hoping he has a great visit today.

Reactions: Clearscreen25

So, am I the only diehard who searched through one of the major wrestling websites, perused through the rankings of each individual weight class, discarded kids from states outside the general region and came up with the possibilities? I stated in my original post for this thread that I am a gigantic fan. LOL

Reactions: Clearscreen25
So, am I the only diehard who searched through one of the major wrestling websites, perused through the rankings of each individual weight class, discarded kids from states outside the general region and came up with the possibilities? I stated in my original post for this thread that I am a gigantic fan. LOL
Nope I am doing the same.

You are probably wasting your time unless you have access to archived rankings. He appeared in the top 10 in his weight rankings this year and I think was as high as #23 in the entire JR class. A pretty severe illness that he had been battling for a month finally caught up to him in the state semis and subsequently he dropped out of the last rankings. I would expect he will be back in when the new ones show up. Although it understandably affected his ranking, it certainly hasn't affected his recruitment with coaches who knew the deal. Shame about the tournament as he was something like 9-1 against the kids who finished ahead of him (with the 1 loss being early in his freshman year) at states, but at least he still has another year and it's not like he hasn't been successful in Hershey before (not that this year's finish would be considered unsuccessful by many).

Obrats, I'm surprised you haven't figured it out or at least narrowed it way down considering the source of this post and my avatar on another board which I know you go to at at times, lol.

The visit is finished and my initial impression is that it went very well although I haven't talked to him in depth about it. RU has pretty much everything he is looking for and I know all the questions were answered positively. But like I said, still some ways to go before decision time. If he's all right with it, I'll let you know where RU stands after we talk.

Last edited:
You are probably wasting your time unless you have access to archived rankings. He appeared in the top 10 in his weight rankings this year and I think was as high as #23 in the entire JR class. A pretty severe illness that he had been battling for a month finally caught up to him in the state semis and subsequently he dropped out of the last rankings. I would expect he will be back in when the new ones show up. Although it understandably affected his ranking, it certainly hasn't affected his recruitment with coaches who knew the deal. Shame about the tournament as he was something like 9-1 against the kids who finished ahead of him (with the 1 loss being early in his freshman year) at states, but at least he still has another year and it's not like he hasn't been successful in Hershey before (not that this year's finish would be considered unsuccessful by many).

Obrats, I'm surprised you haven't figured it out or at least narrowed it way down considering the source of this post and my avatar on another board which I know you go to at at times, lol.

The visit is finished and my initial impression is that it went very well although I haven't talked to him in depth about it. RU has pretty much everything he is looking for and I know all the questions were answered positively. But like I said, still some ways to go before decision time. If he's all right with it, I'll let you know where RU stands after we talk.
Initial's T S?

Listen, I was thinking about this. Perhaps we shouldn't fall into this pattern again. This is starting to be similar to the creedo thread. The last thing i want to do is negatively influence the recruitment process until the recruit says its okay to announce. While i have enjoyed attempting to decipher the identity using the clues, perhaps those people in the know, consider resisting the temptation of confirming the identity until the time is right. Hopefully, the recruit was so blown away by his visit that his decision will come soon. By the way, I don't want to come off as holier than thou. I want to know, but I don't want to know. Admittedly, I still think there may have been some truth in that infamous Creedo thread. And if there was truth, I just wonder if the publicity of the idea of the transfer negatively effected the possibility. If I am overreacting I apologize.

Last edited:
Listen, I was thinking about this. Perhaps we shouldn't fall into this pattern again. This is starting to be similar to the creedo thread. The last thing i want to do is negatively influence the recruitment process until the recruit says its okay to announce. While i have enjoyed attempting to decipher the identity using the clues, perhaps those people in the know, consider resisting the temptation of confirming the identity until the time is right. Hopefully, the recruit was so blown away by his visit that his decision will come soon. By the way, I don't want to come off as holier than thou. I want to know, but I don't want to know. Admittedly, I still think there may have been some truth in that infamous Creedo thread. And if there was truth, I just wonder if the publicity of the idea of the transfer negatively effected the possibility. If I am overreacting I apologize.

The difference is an uncommitted high school recruit, and a kid who was (supposedly) on a team who has to ask to transfer. No one should leak information about kids who are currently on another roster, as it can really make it difficult on that athlete. But - very few people are in a position to do that. Its extremely rare.

Talking about the recruitment of a high school athlete is absolutely not out of bounds. Maybe if fans showed some excitement it would actually help. We do it in football and basketball....heck, the whole reason these boards exist is to hype recruiting and discuss it. Most of the kids love seeing excitement from the fan base...it plays a big role in the other sports. Here it is like a big secret, even though the kids don't hide where they are visiting.

The difference is an uncommitted high school recruit, and a kid who was (supposedly) on a team who has to ask to transfer. No one should leak information about kids who are currently on another roster, as it can really make it difficult on that athlete. But - very few people are in a position to do that. Its extremely rare.

Talking about the recruitment of a high school athlete is absolutely not out of bounds. Maybe if fans showed some excitement it would actually help. We do it in football and basketball....heck, the whole reason these boards exist is to hype recruiting and discuss it. Most of the kids love seeing excitement from the fan base...it plays a big role in the other sports. Here it is like a big secret, even though the kids don't hide where they are visiting.
^^^^^^ This x 10. Its been fun for me the last few years following the progress of the team especially in season. But when the season ends its basically a morgue around here

I am not sure if Bill was saying no to CC or my DM? I am sticking with the DM kid.

It is fine to discuss the recruitment of a wrestler. What some of you don't get is that I am not choosing to name him - until I feel comfortable doing so. This isn't because of my status as an RU alum, but because of my relationship with the wrestler.

I was pretty excited about this visit as I have specifically avoided pumping up RU to him and he had been leaning in another direction. I've long thought that RU would end up being a great choice (and best) for him, but didn't want to bias things as he's got to explore his options and make the best choice for himself.

I thought I'd answer a post asking for some recruiting info with a positive post. Maybe I made a mistake.

The visit went great. Better than I expected. Still some things to work out, but if they work out well I think RU has put itself in great position.

OK so I am off of DM and my FINAL ANSWER is Z T, would be a great addition.

It is fine to discuss the recruitment of a wrestler. What some of you don't get is that I am not choosing to name him - until I feel comfortable doing so. This isn't because of my status as an RU alum, but because of my relationship with the wrestler.

I was pretty excited about this visit as I have specifically avoided pumping up RU to him and he had been leaning in another direction. I've long thought that RU would end up being a great choice (and best) for him, but didn't want to bias things as he's got to explore his options and make the best choice for himself.

I thought I'd answer a post asking for some recruiting info with a positive post. Maybe I made a mistake.

The visit went great. Better than I expected. Still some things to work out, but if they work out well I think RU has put itself in great position.
If it's ZT, then please tell him to cleanup ASAP his twitter that hasn't been used since 2014 as the 1st tweet people see would remove him from everyone's list.

With that out of the way, he's got a good motor but needs to get stronger. He'd be a nice addition, but with no state titles (yet), he's not elite. We need to get more elite talent.

Nothing but respect in your case. Would do the same. I think the general sentiment Old Cabbage, myself and others were expressing is that contrary to football there is no recruiting news regarding primary and secondary targets, visits, leans, etc etc.

Last edited:
Nothing but respect in your case. Would do the same. I think the general sentiment Old Cabbage, myself and others were expressing is that contrary to football there is no recruiting news regarding primary and secondary tarbets, visits, leans, etc etc.

I agree. I was just excited that there may be some more positive news coming. It was great to hear about Razohnn Gross, but we haven't heard much about the class of 2017 recruits - hardly a whisper as to leans, targets, etc..

Reactions: dicemen99

To be clear, I had no intention to criticize you. It's more just a frustration with the lack of anything to sink our teeth into. You know the kid personally, so of course whether you want to share anything with the general public is completely up to you. I would never judge anyone for that.

If it's ZT, then please tell him to cleanup ASAP his twitter that hasn't been used since 2014 as the 1st tweet people see would remove him from everyone's list.

With that out of the way, he's got a good motor but needs to get stronger. He'd be a nice addition, but with no state titles (yet), he's not elite. We need to get more elite talent.

As far as the twitter, he's certainly aware of it - if you notice he actually hasn't used it since 2012 (2 tweets) and about a year after I'd suspect one of his teenage friends (and teenagers can be idiots) hijacked it with a idiot teenage post - but not the worst I've seen. Password is changed - he has no idea what it is - and email address long gone (teenagers aren't big on email), so pretty unsure of how to remove that one post. If it was easy, it would have been done a long time ago, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I'm not going to sit here and write that he is elite - that remains to be seen - but he has some elite wins (including one over Sasso and many over ranked kids). As far as state titles, he's been to the PA finals as a soph. This past year was disappointing, but things happen in wrestling - as I stated above he had an awful lot of wins over the kids who finished ahead of him. I'm not one for excuses - either is he - although it sounds like one. You deal with the hand you have and I'm sure there were others up in Hershey that were struggling with some issues as well. He's got next year to reach his goals.

As unbiased as I can be, he's got a GREAT motor, one of the best I've ever seen, and a fierce will to prepare and win. He can certainly use a bit of sharpening on positioning, defense and definitely needs to get stronger - a D1 strength program is what he needs. He's got a lot of tools you look for to be successful in college. Here's one of my favorite matches - a loss - his sophomore year against a senior Cefelo. A bit outgunned strengthwise and unprepared for Cefelo's greco chops, it's a good look at what he's all about:

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...y-cefolo-hanover-park-vs-zack-trampe-crs.html

Obviously now, he's ok with me sharing the visit. Bragging on him - probably not, lol, but that can't be helped.

As far as the twitter, he's certainly aware of it - if you notice he actually hasn't used it since 2012 (2 tweets) and about a year after I'd suspect one of his teenage friends (and teenagers can be idiots) hijacked it with a idiot teenage post - but not the worst I've seen. Password is changed - he has no idea what it is - and email address long gone (teenagers aren't big on email), so pretty unsure of how to remove that one post. If it was easy, it would have been done a long time ago, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I'm not going to sit here and write that he is elite - that remains to be seen - but he has some elite wins (including one over Sasso and many over ranked kids). As far as state titles, he's been to the PA finals as a soph. This past year was disappointing, but things happen in wrestling - as I stated above he had an awful lot of wins over the kids who finished ahead of him. I'm not one for excuses - either is he - although it sounds like one. You deal with the hand you have and I'm sure there were others up in Hershey that were struggling with some issues as well. He's got next year to reach his goals.

As unbiased as I can be, he's got a GREAT motor, one of the best I've ever seen, and a fierce will to prepare and win. He can certainly use a bit of sharpening on positioning, defense and definitely needs to get stronger - a D1 strength program is what he needs. He's got a lot of tools you look for to be successful in college. Here's one of my favorite matches - a loss - his sophomore year against a senior Cefelo. A bit outgunned strengthwise and unprepared for Cefelo's greco chops, it's a good look at what he's all about:

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...y-cefolo-hanover-park-vs-zack-trampe-crs.html

Obviously now, he's ok with me sharing the visit. Bragging on him - probably not, lol, but that can't be helped.
Dicemen99,
Thanks for sharing this info with the board. Zach looks like the real deal; his record and and the list of wrestlers he has defeated thus far is very impressive. I look forward to watching his progress this upcoming season and hope he stays healthy. Maybe he'll get a chance to train a little with the SKWC and share some mat time with guys like Tyler Graff. Lastly, I'm hoping he makes the choice to be a Scarlet Knight. Thanks again for the posts.

He should really contact twitter about the hack & have it deleted as I would hate to see that hurt his recruiting.

You're right his motor is better than good & may be great. I watched the Cefolo match earlier but didn't want to post it in case you wanted his name left out here. He clearly out worked Cefolo in the 3rd to come back & almost win, but he also looked somewhat slower in the 1st 2 periods or lacking in defense or reaction time (nerves maybe? suckling weight or hydration issue?), as he was almost taken down several other times going out of bounds. I was shocked how aggressive & how much he opened up in the 3rd after not much in the 1st 2 periods. Hopefully, he realizes his dream of a state title this coming season.

He should really contact twitter about the hack & have it deleted as I would hate to see that hurt his recruiting.

You're right his motor is better than good & may be great. I watched the Cefolo match earlier but didn't want to post it in case you wanted his name left out here. He clearly out worked Cefolo in the 3rd to come back & almost win, but he also looked somewhat slower in the 1st 2 periods or lacking in defense or reaction time (nerves maybe? suckling weight or hydration issue?), as he was almost taken down several other times going out of bounds. I was shocked how aggressive & how much he opened up in the 3rd after not much in the 1st 2 periods. Hopefully, he realizes his dream of a state title this coming season.
My mother passed away 6 years ago and for about a year I tried to work with Twitter to have her account deleted. I gave up trying, think it is still up, I haven't checked for a few years.

Meeting went very well from our side. It may come down to $ which we are a little tight on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT