ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hayn promoted to full time assistant

Anyone ever see Jeff Van Gundy’s resume before he was a Rutgers assistant? It wasn’t overly impressive. He turned into a heck of a coach. Some of you just love being miserable and chalking it up to “question it all” even though it’s clear that you are disparaging all. I doubt most of you types in this category are as successful as you think you are.

1. He was an assistant at Providence
2. Rutgers was an Atlantic-10 school at the time.

If this was really the guy Steve wanted, he would have hired him an hour after Jay Young left.

Or he felt he owed it to him to at least kick his tires on teh road and he exceeded expectations. Best of both worlds. Se who is out there and bring in a guy you are already happy with.

Would be interested in knowing what we are paying him. Assume that will be available soon.

TODDB33 said:
Who has a job coaching at a major university. And you do what?
-----------------------------------
Something better

tenor.gif

1. He was an assistant at Providence
2. Rutgers was an Atlantic-10 school at the time.
Yeah. 3 whopping years and the Knicks hired him as an assistant. No major experience but a good Knicks team took him on despite lack of pedigree.

All of the negative posters here know nothing about the guy - LOL.
Good point. Somehow they feel they’re more qualified than Pikes to make the call. I’ll defer to his judgement here and pretty comfortable letting him make the decisions on assembling his staff.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
When you find yourself on the same side as "proud NJ sports fan," it shows you're a peice of shit. You being condescending about whatever job you have doesn't change that.
I mean the other poster commented on it and specifically asked. I never brought it up til then. I would never trade my job to be an assistant basketball coach. Be angry about me honestly answering a question all you want.

I just think this guy is a fart in the wind compared to the guys we previously filled assistant coaching positions with. That's my opinion..does 0 for recruiting.

This is a comfort hire. We are near the bottom of the Big Ten standings. Too many other coaches with better credentials, higher stature, and longer recruiting reach available.
What other candidates did you have in mind and who expressed interest? This is an honest question and not meant to be argumentative. I didn’t see many rumors surface during this search, could have been because it was a done deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT