ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs under investigation for inappropriate consensual relationship

I only hope Rutgers is smart about this. If it were truly consensual, Hobbs is already gone. They should do some sort of penalty on any money still owed to Hobbs. I do not believe they can actually do anything to the gymnastics coach though but she obviously benefitted.
But in no way should Rutgers take any type of self imposed penalty unless they discover something deeper then what we now know.
But knowing how we work, I see us self imposing a Scholership penalty and other stupid shit worse than what schools like MSU had done for having a member rape hundreds of young gymnasts over decades.

When you are the athletic director (aka the boss) and you have an affair 1. While you are married. 2 with someone else who is married and, most importantly, 3. Someone who reports to you.
The only thing rutgers or anyone that does care about is number 3.
If this was the gymnastics coach at Piscataway high , it’s a non-story and his heart is fine.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I only hope Rutgers is smart about this. If it were truly consensual, Hobbs is already gone. They should do some sort of penalty on any money still owed to Hobbs. I do not believe they can actually do anything to the gymnastics coach though but she obviously benefitted.
But in no way should Rutgers take any type of self imposed penalty unless they discover something deeper then what we now know.
But knowing how we work, I see us self imposing a Scholership penalty and other stupid shit worse than what schools like MSU had done for having a member rape hundreds of young gymnasts over decades.
The gymnastics coach got the power now. Who knows what she said in the initial interviews when this was getting investigated , but I gotta think this is a pretty easy sexual harassment claim against Rutgers. She can always walk back intitial statements because of pressure , livelihood etc

When you are the athletic director (aka the boss) and you have an affair 1. While you are married. 2 with someone else who is married and, most importantly, 3. Someone who reports to you.
Gotcha I didn’t know it was the gymnastics coach. I suppose they tried to keep it a secret.

Maybe he left before the team of 150 lawyers that must review every firing could approve. Remember when Tim Pernetti tried to fire Mike Rice and the lawyers said no? A legend should remember these things.
Yes , I think this is what happened. He knew he was gonna get fired …eventually. So he checked out and said catch me if you can

The only thing rutgers or anyone that does care about is number 3.
If this was the gymnastics coach at Piscataway high , it’s a non-story and his heart is fine.

Not only that, but 1 and 2 should not even be on the list. I've never cheated on my wife and never will, but 2 adults in a consentual relationship regardless of marital status is a big nothing burger. Sleeping with a subordinate however and the actions around that is the issue at hand.

Not only that, but 1 and 2 should not even be on the list. I've never cheated on my wife and never will, but 2 adults in a consentual relationship regardless of marital status is a big nothing burger. Sleeping with a subordinate however and the actions around that is the issue at hand.
1 and 2 could have applied if there was an ethics clause in his contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT