ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs under investigation for inappropriate consensual relationship

"That doesn’t mean Rutgers as a whole will escape this without another well-deserved black eye."

RU is a fav target of NY/NJ media
They want a carnival

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client
True, but he'd be a bigger fool if he didn't use his knowledge to make sure the terms of the contract were favorable towards him.
I doubt Pat would trust Rutgers' lawyers after seeing what happened to Pernetti when he took their advice.
I'm sure Hobbs has his own personal lawyer or friends in the business give him their take when he asks for advice on personal issues..
If he doesn't and relies only on himself
52f3c98403488b3e086caa5ca6c59149.jpg

"That doesn’t mean Rutgers as a whole will escape this without another well-deserved black eye."

RU is a fav target of NY/NJ media
They want a carnival

Or maybe, just hope your admins don't do stupid shit that will put you in the media.

It says a lot about people when their first reaction to this is to come up with a conspiracy about why it was leaked or blame the media. The blame should reside precisely with the person who did the act that made news in the first place.

I keep saying it. These buffoons won’t stop. If Holloway knew he was having an affair ( I suspect he did,) and knew there were claims about this coach (which he probably did), how do we view Holloway letting Hobbs attempt to save face. Personally, I don’t care. Hobbs resigned or was forced out. But the media is going to keep going after the biggest scalp
Pres Holloway is a busy man. How would he know if someone reporting to him and the BOGnwas having an affair?

Can someone explain to me why Tango or someone deleted my previous posts? Merely questioned why we needed another thread about the Hobbs Drama. Considering he is the one that merges all threads even when they are remotely similar.
Because that's what he does. He also drops 10-15 threads per day,oat of which get 0 replies.

Yup, that's exactly what a lot of us were saying.
And some keep posting their garbage on these boards. I hope NJ.com fails and goes out of business.

That article is written as if Politi knows for a fact Hobbs did the deed. Would be hilarious if he is wrong and Politi gets sued for libel.

Because that's what he does. He also drops 10-15 threads per day,oat of which get 0 replies.
Because his threads have no human though- it is actually annoying because the dude will post nothing but links.

Wasn’t Tango the dude that had a bot give every thread a 1 thousands of times? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Because his threads have no human though- it is actually annoying because the dude will post nothing but links.

Wasn’t Tango the dude that had a bot give every thread a 1 thousands of times? Or am I thinking of someone else?
it was him 🤬 and just links without a short explanation, by the OP, about what the link has in it is very annoying to me and I refuse to click links like that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Bye, bye Holloway and take your mask with you.
No worries Hobbs takes others ( except gymnastic coach ) down with him.
Holloway will be singing this (masked or unmasked) , to those thinking he's as good as gone, as the doo doo about Hobbs comes out

Keeping benefits he’s entitled to since he was not fired for cause.

Yes - I agree. I think that’s exactly what happened. At least the puzzles seem to fit that narrative. It also would explain the weirdness on Rutgers part in terms of how the news was released. I’ve seen nothing wrong with the other articles published to this point but, honestly, shame on Politi here. Suddenly he’s changing his stance acting almost as if Rutgers doubled down on the health issues? No we didn’t! We expressed literally no concern for them. Barely acknowledged them and found round about ways to do so that were generic enough to apply generally (for someone without a dire medical situation) - across the board. Politi said as much all along. Now he’s implying the opposite and comparing this to the Rice cover up? What’s that about? Hobbs quit just like you said. Catch me if you can. The investigation wasn’t far enough along to go public with the details yet. There are privacy concerns and dozens of variables to factor in. Our response makes perfect sense in light of the sequence of events and does not in any way suggest cover up by Holloway. The notion that he could’ve thought this wouldn’t come out eventually if the investigation proved Hobbs did something wrong isn’t even a remote possibility. Of course he knew those details would be released to the public in some way - seems we did the responsible thing in staying quiet at that juncture. It’d be worse to accuse him of something that didn’t end up getting proven true in totality. This is one of Politi’s worst efforts ever in my opinion. Irresponsible reporting.

Reactions: Leonard23
Funny thing: UNC grad Politi didn't exactly call out his alma mater's governing body to right their flagship.

He went silent as his school skated away from punishment and owning up to the "academic" scandal of 20+ years that enabled the Heels to excel in MBB and FB. And so... the UNC fake class/cheating scandal never happened, apparently.

Which scandal is worse Msr. Politi: UNC's or RU's?

Funny thing: UNC grad Politi didn't exactly call out his alma mater's governing body to right their flagship.

He went silent as his school skated away from punishment and owning up to the "academic" scandal of 20+ years that enabled the Heels to excel in MBB and FB. And so... the UNC fake class/cheating scandal never happened, apparently.

Which scandal is worse Msr. Politi: UNC's or RU's?

That's true but he’s also not a reporter for North Carolina.

I have no problem with him calling out Hobb’s behavior. No problem even with the local talking heads yapping about yet another blemish/scandal with RU in the athletics program. This one isn’t likely to pick up national steam for the reasons discussed.

What’s irresponsible of him is trying to make like the actions taken by RU to this point suggest a possible cover up. Unless he knows something else that hasn’t been released, this is just BS. At the time when Pat resigned, the investigation wasn’t complete. Anything we might have said publicly that turned out not to be true could’ve been used by Hobbs in negotiation. There was zero reason for RU to say anything. It’s much better for the university to have the media directly ask about an investigation and simply confirm that it’s ongoing as happened.

That's true but he’s also not a reporter for North Carolina.

I have no problem with him calling out Hobb’s behavior. No problem even with the local talking heads yapping about yet another blemish/scandal with RU in the athletics program. This one isn’t likely to pick up national steam for the reasons discussed.

What’s irresponsible of him is trying to make like the actions taken by RU to this point suggest a possible cover up. Unless he knows something else that hasn’t been released, this is just BS. At the time when Pat resigned, the investigation wasn’t complete. Anything we might have said publicly that turned out not to be true could’ve been used by Hobbs in negotiation. There was zero reason for RU to say anything. It’s much better for the university to have the media directly ask about an investigation and simply confirm that it’s ongoing as happened.
Well... given the scope and scale of the UNC scandal (and the whole "Carolina Way" charade), it was a national story... and was actively addressed in the national media by non-sports journalists I.e. "real" investigative reporters. Hell, books were written about the saga.

And, yet, UNC's chancellor at the time went so far as retracting her statements acknowledging the nature of the school's athletics scandal, recasting her prior admission/acknowledgement of guilt to a "typo." Under the guidance of UNC's BOG, the Ram's Club, and their attorneys, the scandal was rebranded as an "academic scandal," not an "athletics scandal," and the university's punishment was to be placed on academic probation by the regional accreditation agency, throwing academics under the bus to preserve the standing of athletics. The "Carolina Way" now forever has a new meaning.

Anyway... it's quite laughable that a "journalist" with a degree from UNC should be critical of another school's administration re: its handling of a scandal.

"Go Heels!" LOL....

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well... given the scope and scale of the UNC scandal (and the whole "Carolina Way" charade), it was a national story... and was actively addressed in the national media by non-sports journalists I.e. "real" investigative reporters. Hell, books were written about the saga.

And, yet, UNC's chancellor at the time went so far as retracting her statements acknowledging the nature of the school's athletics scandal, recasting her prior admission/acknowledgement of guilt to a "typo." Under the guidance of UNC's BOG, the Ram's Club, and their attorneys, the scandal was rebranded as an "academic scandal," not an "athletics scandal," and the university's punishment was to be placed on academic probation by the regional accreditation agency, throwing academics under the bus to preserve the standing of athletics. The "Carolina Way" now forever has a new meaning.

Anyway... it's quite laughable that a "journalist" with a degree from UNC should be critical of another school's administration re: its handling of a scandal.

"Go Heels!" LOL....
Welll, politi works in NJ and doesn’t cover UNC like he does Rutgers.

Yes - I agree. I think that’s exactly what happened. At least the puzzles seem to fit that narrative. It also would explain the weirdness on Rutgers part in terms of how the news was released. I’ve seen nothing wrong with the other articles published to this point but, honestly, shame on Politi here. Suddenly he’s changing his stance acting almost as if Rutgers doubled down on the health issues? No we didn’t! We expressed literally no concern for them. Barely acknowledged them and found round about ways to do so that were generic enough to apply generally (for someone without a dire medical situation) - across the board. Politi said as much all along. Now he’s implying the opposite and comparing this to the Rice cover up? What’s that about? Hobbs quit just like you said. Catch me if you can. The investigation wasn’t far enough along to go public with the details yet. There are privacy concerns and dozens of variables to factor in. Our response makes perfect sense in light of the sequence of events and does not in any way suggest cover up by Holloway. The notion that he could’ve thought this wouldn’t come out eventually if the investigation proved Hobbs did something wrong isn’t even a remote possibility. Of course he knew those details would be released to the public in some way - seems we did the responsible thing in staying quiet at that juncture. It’d be worse to accuse him of something that didn’t end up getting proven true in totality. This is one of Politi’s worst efforts ever in my opinion. Irresponsible reporting.
I see it sort of in between. Didn’t Holloway cite Hobbs’ health issues as the reason for the immediate resignation ? He knew that was false. It’s not a cover up but it seems RU shouldn’t have publicly accepted the health narrative either knowing otherwise and knowing the truth would come out sooner or later.

I see it sort of in between. Didn’t Holloway cite Hobbs’ health issues as the reason for the immediate resignation ? He knew that was false. It’s not a cover up but it seems RU shouldn’t have publicly accepted the health narrative either knowing otherwise and knowing the truth would come out sooner or later.
Technically, Holloway was merely providing the media with the explanation Hobbs gave to him and that Hobbs issued publicly. Even if one assumes Holloway knew more, what's he going to do? Call Hobbs a liar?

The statement some people think Holloway should have issued:
"Pat Hobbs is a big liar. His heart is fine. He quit because he got caught having an affair with a subordinate."

• Haha
Reactions: thegock
Technically, Holloway was merely providing the media with the explanation Hobbs gave to him and that Hobbs issued publicly. Even if one assumes Holloway knew more, what's he going to do? Call Hobbs a liar?

The statement some people think Holloway should have issued:
"Pat Hobbs is a big liar. His heart is fine. He quit because he got caught having an affair with a subordinate."
Since Holloway did know those things, he shouldn’t have given the excuse any oxygen at all even if he didn’t want to throw shade at Hobbs.

I’ll also say, I hope RU didn’t give purposely give Hobbs the opportunity to resign first and keep whatever future pay and benefits due him unless fired for cause.

They would have been required to fire Hobbs. This would be true for almost every business in the US.
Agreed.
Being stupid with a coworker could be handled without firings, but once someone uses their power to give out a new contract or inflated performance review to their concubine, that's an instant termination.

Agreed.
Being stupid with a coworker could be handled without firings, but once someone uses their power to give out a new contract or inflated performance review to their concubine, that's an instant termination.
All HR teaches Quid Pro Quo as sexual harassment

Still waiting for Gov Murphy to tell us what he found so disturbing and disgusting.

Christie recommended Hobbs, IIRC. Doe this mean we're gonna get stuck with a Murphy recommendation this time? Let's not go back to Sweeney at least.

So if his actual heart is ok, can he come back? If he keeps up the good work as AD, I don’t care where he consensually sticks his ding dong.
Do you care that he used RU resources to give his ho a huge contract that she didn't deserve? That's why he got pushed out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT