ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Frozen Four set

E5,as I mentioned on the football board today,we are going to lose a generation of NJ kids growing up watching Penn State play in Philly and MSG and on national TV. We are supplying lots of schools with our kids. If we wait ten years,this will be a replay of football and wrestling.And no,I have no idea where the money will come from.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
E5,as I mentioned on the football board today,we are going to lot we a generation of NJ kids growing up watching Penn State play in Philly and MSG and on national TV. * We are supplying lots of schools with our kids. If we wait ten years,this will be a replay of football and wrestling.

*Patience grasshopper. Patience. ;) :sunglasses:

E5, Patience???!!! I have been a Rutgers fan since 1976 and had football and basketball season tickets since 1983 and you tell me patience !!! Are you going to pick me up at the nursing home and drive me to the opening season in 2038??? By the way,can we stop at Perkins on the drive back.Oh and I can't make Wednesday night games,you know it is Superbingo night.

Reactions: RBNY87
I don’t know much about NJ hockey. I watched a bit growing up. How is NJ ha hockey? Are the parochial really good in hockey like they are in b-ball and football

2 Big Ten teams
Duluth is MN Newark or Camden campus
Wasn’t talking about them....

shamrock-4-1.jpg

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/032316aab.html

Supposedly,the Big Ten is looking into bringing in another non Big Ten school for hockey because Rutgers,Maryland,Illinois,etc. have been dragging their feet to start programs.

Supposedly,the Big Ten is looking into bringing in another on n Big Ten school for hockey because Rutgers,Maryland,Illinois,etc. have been dragging their feet to start programs.
Yeah all we need is someone like Penn State who donated 100 million
Just to start the hockey program. We went nuts when someone donated 15 million here!!

Reactions: biazza38
Yeah all we need is someone like Penn State who donated 100 million
Just to start the hockey program. We went nuts when someone donated 15 million here!!
While that would be awesome, we don't need as much as some think.

E5,as much as we need Rutgers to start a hockey program soon,I don't want to see a repeat of what we did to Coach Burns.Basically,said go play Alabama,Florida,Penn State,Pitt,Tennessee,etc. and your budget and facilities will be on par with South Amboy High School.I don't want to see us get a coach with no experience,have a shoestring recruiting budget and play our games at South Mountain Arena. Maybe,for a maximum of five years,play at Trenton,but have an on campus minimum 8000 arena completed by then.And again,we need massive donations to come in.

E5,as much as we need Rutgers to start a hockey program soon,I don't want to see a repeat of what we did to Coach Burns.Basically,said go play Alabama,Florida,Penn State,Pitt,Tennessee,etc. and your budget and facilities will be on par with South Amboy High School.I don't want to see us get a coach with no experience,have a shoestring recruiting budget and play our games at South Mountain Arena. Maybe,for a maximum of five years,play at Trenton,but have an on campus minimum 8000 arena completed by then.And again,we need massive donations to come in.
Works for UConn (so far anyway).

And your 8K number is way too high for one on campus. I mean who wouldn't love that? But in reality it wouldn't have to be that big.

Supposedly,the Big Ten is looking into bringing in another non Big Ten school for hockey because Rutgers,Maryland,Illinois,etc. have been dragging their feet to start programs.
There is serious talk at Illinois. They are looking at funding. Not sure how this affects them joining but the hockey rink on campus is Olympic size

Since Ovechkin arrived, hockey in Maryland has become a thing....much more now than ever before.

Would the Big Ten be OK with us playing in such a tiny building. That sounds like something Merrimack,AIC,RIT,etc. would use.Maybe that size but with the capability to expand.Could we even break even with such a small place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT