ADVERTISEMENT

How do players qualify for Roman numerals on uni's?

I truly wish all "JR" SR" and "III" would disappear from uniforms. A uniforms once was supposed to have the player's last name on it. "JR" is not part of your last name, you are identified as "Jr." because your name is the same as someone else's. And "III" is just nutty. And now "SR" on a jersey? Why, you bragging because your woman's fallopian tubes work?

If my name is Kenneth Jones Jr., my last name is Jones, not Jones Jr. Pretty simple. Anything else is drawing attention to yourself.

See. Why is understanding that so hard for some others?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
As in team spelled with "I". TIEM!

I'll bet you didn't know there was an I hidden in the word TEAM.

9kfYF6V.jpg

I truly wish all "JR" SR" and "III" would disappear from uniforms. A uniforms once was supposed to have the player's last name on it. "JR" is not part of your last name, you are identified as "Jr." because your name is the same as someone else's. And "III" is just nutty. And now "SR" on a jersey? Why, you bragging because your woman's fallopian tubes work?

If my name is Kenneth Jones Jr., my last name is Jones, not Jones Jr. Pretty simple. Anything else is drawing attention to yourself.

Well, when your opinion means anything, maybe they'll drop the Jrs and such.

But for now, since it doesn't, guess you'll have to endure all that "attention seeking."

Bolin asking to wear roman numberal 100 on his jersey was just a bit too much if you ask me..............

[laughing]

-f05b05518d001db7.JPG
I just noticed the numbering style with this picture. I have no idea the font. It's out there. I like it. Nice contrast with the uniform which is traditional. Also like the deepness of the red.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT