ADVERTISEMENT

How many verbals does RU have for next year ?

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
This site still only list two guys...and has for quite a while.
Wasn't there a third guy announced a while back ?
And also...how many more spots do we have available for the class ?

Three verbals, Tripp, Dailey, Thiam. As of now one more spot can be filled.

And they all play the same position without a real guarantee of one being a knock down shooter. Though I like Dailey the most out of the 3.

It's Thiam who everyone will like the most in this class IMO. Thiam is a WF, Dailey can play SG and WF and Tripp is a SG. They don't play the same position

It's Thiam who everyone will like the most in this class IMO. Thiam is a WF, Dailey can play SG and WF and Tripp is a SG. They don't play the same position

I've seen several articles/write ups that call Tripp a forward or a wing, and a few that call him a SG. I'd imagine he can play the 2 or 3, if necessary. Same as Dailey. Thiam seems more like a true WF... though he's now supposed to be 6'9" or taller at this point?

Are any of these 3 recruits consistent 3 point shooters?If there is a coaching change, is the new head coach bound to honor scholarships offered by Jordan?The answers to these questions will impact the roster and how the team performs next season.

Three players of the same level of recruitment as Goode/Laurent, give or take

Goode luck beating Nebraska (never mind goode teams) with that

Man -- not fair to lump Goode and Laurent together. Goode is a role player (maybe) on a low minor as a junior or senior. Laurent is a contributor on a mid-major as a frosh. Goode would not be on any other B1G roster. Period. Laurent would play for 4 or 5 other programs. Like it or not, the next coach will build the program on a 9-man rotation with a half dozen kids like Laurent plus 2 or 3 B1G-ready starters (Sanders, Freeman and _______).

Next year? Tripp and Dailey were wild heaves from half court by Shoes. Thiam? I'm always suspicious of kids who pass though Canarias being able to get through the Clearinghouse. But maybe getting Thiam into the school in Belmar helps on the qualifying and he sounds like he could be a piece for the new staff to work with.

Fair points, 78, and I agree with your analysis.

Our Canary kids have not shown me much so far and I have no expectations for the latest edition, even if he does qualify. There are no secrets in recruiting world. There is a reason the kid was lightly recruited, just as there are reasons Sanders was not lightly recruited

Still waiting to fill Etou's schollie...

I hear there is still a *** player in Arkansas who is 6'1'' and can jump out of the gym, but needs to work on his handle and shooting. Still working on getting his grades us and could reclassify for 2017.

The Arkansas kid sounds like another Bishop without his handle, or even Waliy Dixon . . I would pass. We need shooters and big bodies. Period, full stop.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Soon to be zero yes, but I am fully confident whoever the new coach will be, will be able to land four players with more B1G potential in the Spring

Reactions: bac2therac
Soon to be zero yes, but I am fully confident whoever the new coach will be, will be able to land four players with more B1G potential in the Spring

LOL, four players with more potential. You realize that at best, the new coach will have 3 weeks before the signing period.

Yes but transfer season soon begins....as well as decommits due to coaching changes, it's like free agency now in college

Good coaches always land a decent guy late...didnt Bannon get Greer late in the game, Waters with Coleman, Rice got Poole...heck even Jordan got a 5th year guy in Moore

If you are hoping that Thiam, and even Dailey, don't make it here, you don't follow recruiting
Are these all just verbals or have all signed LOI? If they are all verbals or a few are only verbals the new coach will have the option of accepting their LOI or bringing in players that he likes better.

Are these all just verbals or have all signed LOI? If they are all verbals or a few are only verbals the new coach will have the option of accepting their LOI or bringing in players that he likes better.
All just verbals

Manhattan, Laurent had a 19 point and 15 rebound game vs Penn State. Kid could be good, even the Big ten announcers said he was playing well. And last time a frosh had a game like that? We got Coleman I believe because he played hs ball with Sherrod.

the general wishful thinking that they will be diamonds in the rough

Well wait a minute now the kid from Ohio (Daily?) was "promised" a scholarship IF he chose to go PG for a year.

BTW - why is Thiam STILL not listed here?

Well wait a minute now the kid from Ohio (Daily?) was "promised" a scholarship IF he chose to go PG for a year.

BTW - why is Thiam STILL not listed here?

You can't lose what you never had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT