ADVERTISEMENT

The Next Two Years

RutgersChow

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Of course this is all conjecture, but assuming we get Harper and Ndongo and call it a day, this is the way I see things playing out the next two years.

2023/24

1 - Fernandez - Mulcahy - Simpson - Davis
2 - Spencer - Simpson
3 - Griffiths - Mulcahy
4 - Mag - Hyatt - Ndongo or Chol
5 - Cliff - Woolfolk - Ndongo

2024/25

1 - Harper - Davis or Warren
2 - Simpson - Harper
3 - Griffiths - Bailey
4 - Bailey - Ndongo - Possibly Chol
5 - A High Level Transfer - Woolfolk - Possibly Chol

Tempted to have Mulcahy at some 4, but I don't like him defensively there, and as long as he is part of the team Pike will see he plays some PG, and the 5 in 2024/25 will be an attractive spot for a transfer to play alongside a lot of talent. Think national championship. Of course, Chol's, Ndongos's and Woolfolk's development could change everything, and getting the kid from Roselle Catholic definitely changes everything. Guys might also transfer out, changing everything.

I hope the coaching staff is up to the task of managing and getting the most out of this bounty of talent. The next coaching hire is critical.

Fun stuff.
But I don't think 2023-24 is set yet
Cliff? Ndongo? Other transfers in if those two are not here?
Maybe even Paul (who I think is returning but is it certain?)

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Is harper a point guard?

I dont think so.
He definitely can play point guard if that is the position that the coaches want him to play. Most likely, he will play off the ball, BUT, have it in his hands A LOT.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: RUDiddy777
'23

Fernades, Simpson, Davis
Spencer, Simpson
Mulcahy, Griffiths, Chol
Hyatt, Mag, Ndongo
Cliff, Woolfolk

'24
Harper, Warren, Davis
Griffiths, Simpson
Bailey, Chol
Mag, Ndongo
Woolfolk, Sommerville

Reactions: motel00
Starting lineup of:

Dellquan Warren/Derek Simpson
Dylan Harper
Gavin Griffiths
Ace Bailey
Lathan Sommerville

Insane....Let's Go!

Reactions: RUDiddy777
My Rutgers lineup for '25 😏

Warren, Davis
Simpson, Darius Adams
Griffiths, Chol
Cooper Flagg, Ndongo
Cam Boozer, Sommerville, Woolfolk

There is only 1 basketball
You worry wayyyyy too much. It is more important that these more talented offensive players buy into the defensive concept. If they do, we will be real good. They will find a way to all get shots.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
You worry wayyyyy too much. It is more important that these more talented offensive players buy into the defensive concept. If they do, we will be real good. They will find a way to all get shots.

Best of Luck,
Groz
I do. You highlighted my primary concern.

Middle of this year I thought we were a team capable of winning the National Championship. Let me worry.

He definitely can play point guard if that is the position that the coaches want him to play. Most likely, he will play off the ball, BUT, have it in his hands A LOT.

Best of Luck,
Groz
He will not bring the ball up that much, but once we are in the front court he will have the ball in his hands. He is a ball dominant player. The good news is Griffiths and Bailey are both great off the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT