ADVERTISEMENT

Hysteria, Hysteria

sorry but if someone is going to start calling out one side, then you better tell them to shove it too..unfortunately a double standard exist, some others want to have these discussions sprinkling in politics but when the other side comes back, you freak out and say dont do this...be better.....and quite frankly I dont give a shit about you questioning my credibilty...this has zero to do with basketball..if you cannot tolerate people having opposing viewpoints than it is YOUR problem not mine

so funny which side cannot tolerate any difference of opinion...its predictable, we have see this behavior for 3 years.
I don't care one way or another if you don't give a $hit about my comments. All I'm asking is for you to take your $hit to the other site and not pollute this one, because you're starting to make yourself look incredibly partisan. If I wanted I could rip you a new one, but I won't because I refuse to go there. Stay on course here with your great basketball analysis. Stop trying to PROVE you or what you believe is, is more right. Even if you are right, it doesn't belong here.

Stick to basketball here please.

I never heard of Covington kids. Mike Flynn was breaking the law and got caught. Not sure what you are saying there. Carter Page rings a bell but that's it. I'm not sure how any of this stacks up to the big picture. I read the transcripts of Trump's phone call, saw the emails. Saw his public statements. He is trying to subvert our election by coercing foreign governments to interfere using the US government. I also read the conclusions of the actual Mueller report. That's all impeachment worthy and some of it criminal.

Lmfao yeah you dont know who Carter Page is..can you tell me what crime Flynn is charged with..yeah perjury...oh i dont who the 15 year old kid with the red hat they called racist. Don Jr was going to be indictment..the steele dossier was true..how about the fisa warrants were legal...all lies proven

Reactions: Pancho1939
It's just so preposterous. That thousands of scientists are faking shit to get research grants. People just aren't like that.

Everyone is like that.

On top of that, any scientist that comes out with findings that global warming is fake will be flooded with cash from oil and coal and right wing billionaires. The whole premise is so absurd.

Bzzzzttt. I'm old enough to remember when the scientific community was certain we had entered a new Ice Age. Fifteen years later, they were certain global warming was an existential threat to the planet. Twenty years after that, they had to change the name to "climate change" because data suggested global temperatures had cooled again ... but it was still an existential threat. For forty years, they've been saying the polar ice caps would be gone in ten years. Nothing ever happens; nobody is ever held accountable for being wrong.

But a whole hell of a lot of money has been made by climate research scientists over these fifty years.

Lmfao yeah you dont know who Carter Page is..can you tell me what crime Flynn is charged with..yeah perjury...oh i dont who the 15 year old kid with the red hat they called racist. Don Jr was going to be indictment..the steele dossier was true..how about the fisa warrants were legal...all lies proven
JUST STOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care one way or another if you don't give a $hit about my comments. All I'm asking is for you to take your $hit to the other site and not pollute this one, because you're starting to make yourself look incredibly partisan. If I wanted I could rip you a new one, but I won't because I refuse to go there. Stay on course here with your great basketball analysis. Stop trying to PROVE you or what you believe is, is more right. Even if you are right, it doesn't belong here.

Stick to basketball here please.

I did not starting talking politics here. Others did. I dont see you mentioning them..did you call out eagleton? No i wonder why

The hypocrisy amazing..let us give our opinion but do not let others defend themselves. Thats why you look foolish

And no politics should not be brought and discussed here i fully agree but apparently it is

Reactions: Pancho1939
I did not starting talking politics here. Others did. I dont see you mentioning them..did you call out eagleton? No i wonder why
JUST STOP ALREADY. ENOUGH OF THIS GARBAGE ON THE BASKETBALL SITE. I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE YOUR BAIT. I'M SMARTER THAN THAT.

Bac....this isn't about the athletes who are young and healthy and highly unlikely become severely ill. It's about eliminating travel, lodging and events in crowded settings, which the tourney and NCAA sites are...don't you see how the orgin on the other side of the planet is now increasing here in a matter of weeks ?

It's critically important to nip this in the bud. Think of disease transmission as spreading ivy. If it's not stopped in the beginning the branches will overcome health care capacity very quickly.

Everyone is like that.

Bzzzzttt. I'm old enough to remember when the scientific community was certain we had entered a new Ice Age. Fifteen years later, they were certain global warming was an existential threat to the planet. Twenty years after that, they had to change the name to "climate change" because data suggested global temperatures had cooled again ... but it was still an existential threat. For forty years, they've been saying the polar ice caps would be gone in ten years. Nothing every happens; nobody is ever held accountable for being wrong.

But a whole hell of a lot of money has been made by climate research scientists over these fifty years.
OK, there was NEVER a time when the scientific community was certain about an ice age. There was one or two articles that got picked up in the press, and then other research was done to verify, and it didn't verify, and the theory was quickly discarded. That's how science works. Ideas posed and tested. And then the strong ideas survive. Global warming was one two articles, then more. Then confirmed by more and more. And 20 years later it's undeniable for anyone not ideologically blinded to it.

Bac. You're are extremely misinformed. It's sad, but not worth arguing over as facts won't change your mind I'm sure.

Mods, please lock the thread its now the CE board

Bac. You're are extremely misinformed. It's sad, but not worth arguing over as facts won't change your mind I'm sure.

Misinformed over what exactly..please elaborate here..i havent taken a postion on Coronavirus in this thread so you disagree with me politically...and..why is that an issue

This thread started off politically from the start with basically a Fox news framing to this sad crisis (whether you agree with that framing or not, it's still a political frame). I'm not one to let things slide by so I jumped in. But let's all agree to let the whole thing slide off of this board.

Reactions: bac2therac
Agree..lets keep politics out of this discussion because divide doesnt help. We need to be united on working on best solution foward

Exactly..just like i thought
You don't know anything about me. When you reply like this you're just showing how infantile you can be. It's like you're a Jekyll and Hyde. Here on the basketball site, you're painstakingly analytic and a joy to read. But man, when you put on your political hat, you become hysterical and emotional and a completely different person. It's rather an ugly look on you. You keep this up, and many like myself, who have been here as long as you, will not put up with your shit.

So I suggest you stop trying to prove you're right here. This is the basketball site, not the neanderthal bullshit that's seen on that other site, that IMO, should be shut down because it's uncivil, non-productive and only make supporters of all things Rutgers, battle one another for no reason.

So please just stop.

another one fos, but remember you never reappeared on current events after Russian hoax was proven...dude I remember you posts so gtfoh with that

and this post is exhibit A. Stupid on display as a merit badge of honor.

only an intellectually broken person can make the above statement....AND...be proud about it.

It's a pretty good indication that you've lost the debate when you have to beg moderators to stop the other side of the argument from being able to express their point of view.

"There stopped being unanimity of opinion ... so nobody should get to speak on the topic anymore!!!"

You don't know anything about me. When you reply like this you're just showing how infantile you can be. It's like you're a Jekyll and Hyde. Here on the basketball site, you're painstakingly analytic and a joy to read. But man, when you put on your political hat, you become hysterical and emotional and a completely different person. It's rather an ugly look on you. You keep this up, and many like myself, who have been here as long as you, will not put up with your shit.

So I suggest you stop trying to prove you're right here. This is the basketball site, not the neanderthal bullshit that's seen on that other site, that IMO, should be shut down because it's uncivil, non-productive and only make supporters of all things Rutgers, battle one another for no reason.

So please just stop.

.wow love it as you just say to move on..u continue to fight and lay insults and demean...amazing...you can go suck it

At least me and eagleton came to peace but you couldn't help yourself and had to get more in. Your lack of self awareness calling me ugly during that tirade is priceless

and this post is exhibit A. Stupid on display as a merit badge of honor.

only an intellectually broken person can make the above statement....AND...be proud about it.

Wait so disagreement in politics mean you can insult the other person..got it..you be you

Love it..those that proclaim there is only one right side and attack the other side for daring to challenge that

COVID-19 stay viable 3 hours in aerosolized form and 15 hours on surfaces. Airflow in any of those closed spaces increases possible transmission by a ton.

Again.....just stop.

For those that don’t know what aerosolized means, I have provided a picture.....lol

giphy.gif

So please just stop.

This is nonsense. Only one side of the debate (over whether or not shutting down colleges, college sports and these basketball tournaments was appropriate) resorted to personal attacks and insults.

.wow love it as you just say to move on..u continue to fight and lay insults and demean...amazing...you can go suck it

At least me and eagleton came to peace but you couldn't help yourself and had to get more in. Your lack of self awareness calling me ugly during that tirade is priceless
You have a real reading comprehension problem don't you. So you're going to throw away twenty years of goodwill and quality back and forth, because I hurt your feelings, stating the way you're acting here. Really? So I should go "suck it." Now, you're acting like an incredible baby.

You started in on many here and all I did was ask you to stop. And you should take what I said to heart. Even your response to me. YOU ARE a Jekyll and Hyde. Here on the BB site you're rational, analytical and as I said before a joy to read. Did you overlook those compliments I sent your way? On the other hand, when you tell me to "suck it" after 20 years together on this website, it just shows me how fragile your ego is when you think people are attacking you about your politics. I'm NOT attacking you about your politics. I'm arguing with you to STOP and you want to take it down an ugly black hole, to prove somehow that your honor or your feelings about other things, other than basketball has somehow been compromised here. And you need to defend yourself. Sorry BAC but it's a bad look on you.

I think you're better than that. But if you continue to say for me to "suck it" I'll be more than happy to rip you a new one. But right now, I'll just presume we can continue enjoying each other's input on this site when it comes to basketball and move on.

If it could kill that many in the states, wouldn't have it done that in China? And yes, China has quarantine the hell out of their country, but despite that if this virus is deadly as they say it is, their death toll and infection rate should be skyrocketing, not declining as it is now.

I think extreme caution should be taken, I have no issue with colleges going full-time online, companies having their workers work at home if they can, even maybe barring crowds at games, but shutting down the country which is about what is going to happen is way too extreme...at the moment.

And it is important we don't go to far extremes, like I said earlier if this virus fizzles out to be a no-show or at the least controllable, many are going to be chagrined and frustrated, right now this is taking money out of the pockets of the people who can at least afford it and if there is a time when a real monster virus does comes along, it might be a harder sell to the public.

It's China you're talking about. I don't trust the numbers coming out of there for one second. They say the number of cases are dwindling, but I don't believe them.

Remember, they originally reported a false number of cases, when they knew the number was much higher.

You have a real reading comprehension problem don't you. So you're going to throw away twenty years of goodwill and quality back and forth, because I hurt your feelings, stating the way you're acting here. Really? So I should go "suck it." Now, you're acting like an incredible baby.

You started in on many here and all I did was ask you to stop. And you should take what I said to heart. Even your response to me. YOU ARE a Jekyll and Hyde. Here on the BB site you're rational, analytical and as I said before a joy to read. Did you overlook those compliments I sent your way? On the other hand, when you tell me to "suck it" after 20 years together on this website, it just shows me how fragile your ego is when you think people are attacking you about your politics. I'm NOT attacking you about your politics. I'm arguing with you to STOP and you want to take it down an ugly black hole, to prove somehow that your honor or your feelings about other things, other than basketball has somehow been compromised here. And you need to defend yourself. Sorry BAC but it's a bad look on you.

I think you're better than that. But if you continue to say for me to "suck it" I'll be more than happy to rip you a new one. But right now, I'll just presume we can continue enjoying each other's input on this site when it comes to basketball and move on.

I really dont need a lecture from you. If you can't drop it without wagging you finger and saying its a bad look...its your issue not mine

This is a hoops board i talk hoops here. If a thread strays in politics like this one did i will talk politics but yeah i dont hold anyones political opinion against them on this board. Its all good from me

I have a higher opinion of people that can demonstrate self control and maturity by letting someone else get the last word.

It's a pretty good indication that you've lost the debate when you have to beg moderators to stop the other side of the argument from being able to express their point of view.

"There stopped being unanimity of opinion ... so nobody should get to speak on the topic anymore!!!"
I engaged in the coronavirus discussion. I am avoiding engaging in the political debate bc this isnt the CE board. I haven't engaged in the debate bc it gets you nowhere. I follow everything in politics extremelyyy closely and can see from the posts the false narratives being thrown around. No one ever changes anyone's mind everrrr though so its pointless hence not engaging.

Reactions: RU MAN
I really dont need a lecture from you. If you can't drop it without wagging you finger and saying its a bad look...its your issue not mine
I'm not lecturing you. You were asked by me nicely to stop and you didn't. Instead, you took what I said, twisted it, and then tried attacking me and turning it political. All I wanted was to go back to civility and you took it as if I hurt your honor. Nothing even remotely that. You were so quick to turn this into a "oh I thought so....you must be a libtard..." I don't give a flying _uck about what you think you know about me or trying to label me. Just stick to basketball, with what you're good at. Stay out of the other stuff here on this site. That's all I'm asking. And then I'm good too.

Misinformed over what exactly..please elaborate here..i havent taken a postion on Coronavirus in this thread so you disagree with me politically...and..why is that an issue
Damn dude, you just like to argue for argument's sake, don't you?

Shut the FVCK up and take your garbage politics talk to the board where the other 4 people actually care about it.

Only took a week for this board to go from unity to division. (I've lost my cool a couple of times, too.)

This sucks.

I'm not lecturing you. You were asked by me nicely to stop and you didn't. Instead, you took what I said, twisted it, and then tried attacking me and turning it political. All I wanted was to go back to civility and you took it as if I hurt your honor. Nothing even remotely that. You were so quick to turn this into a "oh I thought so....you must be a libtard..." I don't give a flying _uck about what you think you know about me or trying to label me. Just stick to basketball, with what you're good at. Stay out of the other stuff here on this site. That's all I'm asking. And then I'm good too.

Sorry but i did miss your posts telling others in this thread to stop...how are you not seeing my point

I took a "distance learning" position on Monday at a university here in Florida(read: a Univ Prof who teaches/mentors online)...most of the big universites are sending students home.Face to face classes will be almost non existent.

I just got tested and I am 100% ok

The testing MD says the C-19 virus will likely touch 1/3 of the USA..meaning 100 million people.And most will be OK...but 3-6% death rate is anticipated.

This is no small thing.

That said,,I hope the NCAAs are not cancelled. Heck,,all Ivy League sports have been cancelled...incl my CORNELL lacrosse....there will be nothing left !

Last edited:
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices...to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill...and suspicion can destroy...and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own – for the children and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Sorry but i did miss your posts telling others in this thread to stop...how are you not seeing my point
I am, but you're getting so defensive so quickly, you need to just cool your jets and let us all get back to basketball we love so much here. That's all. Okay? I'm cool with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT