ADVERTISEMENT

I think Chris Ash is the Best X's and O's Coach we've ever had

you’re against Greg because you don’t understand what it takes to be successful at Rutgers.

-95% of our problem is landing the right players. Greg’s bonds with the NJ High School Coaching establishment will allow him to identify prospects early, and successfully recruit a good portion of them. His success will be predicated on developing the right 2 and 3 stars into competitive Big Ten Players. Hopefully we can also land a sprinkling of 4 stars too.

- Greg has the right recruiting strategy and ties for Rutgers recruiting the state of Rutgers and Florida. I don’t want our head coach to have to figure out which areas work best for Rutgers

- Greg has sent a fair amount of kids to the NFL from Rutgers

- As DC, Greg helped Ohio State win 3 straight Big Ten Championships from 2016-2018. Not sure why you would discount this.
Stick to writing these posts with proven facts and figures and youre ok.

Al with proven Facts and figures? Nonsense! Damnit just embrace that we are the USC of the East! Jersey Power!!!!!

When a sincere RU fan expresses this about rutgersal exuberance, that is one thing, but when a PSU troll says this, it is not just mocking Al but also mocking RU.

It is obvious (to me) anyway that yessir's recent appearance here disparaging RU and in particular Schiano is solely out of concern that Rutgers may start keeping some NJ recruits that would have gone to Crappy Valley in the days of Flood and Ash.

Last edited:
Well since you want to know here it goes.

I'm going reply to parts here that others didn't address....

Greg Schiano does not have the cache with new jersey coaches the way that James Franklin, Nick Saban, Ryan Day and others do.
Ryan Day? Besides being HC Ohio, what did he have? 2 years as NFL OC on different teams that didn't make playoffs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Day_(American_football)

Greg Schiano has been an embarrasment as a coach really since he left rutgers, he completely bombed in tampa bay and bounced around analyst jobs before working at Ohio State.
Well he was an embarrassment at Tampa Bay, so we know Schiano can not pull turn around everywhere. If you look at TB before & after him the program he ran was not an outlier - he went to a crappy team and couldn't pull off a miracle. Plenty of coaches like Saban & Belicheck have similar marks on their resume.

What other program wanted Greg Schiano as their HC while we were bidding against ourselves this hire?
We payed him a salary we were comfortable with from the start... We were bidding against our commitment to football. Schiano learned from TB and was only willing to return with staff salary and facilities he can compete with. This is why we poached OC from Oklahoma as opposed to hiring someone who was never an OC before. Go do a resume experience of this staff vs ash, flood, and schiano's prior first staff.

Reactions: yessir321
When a sincere RU fan expresses this about rutgersal exuberance, that is one thing, but when a PSU troll says this, it is not just mocking Al but also mocking RU.

It is obvious (to me) anyway that yessir's recent appearance here disparaging RU and in particular Schiano is solely out of concern that Rutgers may start keeping some NJ recruits that would have gone to Crappy Valley in the days of Flood and Ash.
Wtf are you muttering? Are you that self absorbed as to think that HS recruits give three sh*ts what’s discussed on a message board when making college decisions? Good lord you really are a special one. Are you on any airport lists?

I'm going reply to parts here that others didn't address....

Ryan Day? Besides being HC Ohio, what did he have? 2 years as NFL OC on different teams that didn't make playoffs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Day_(American_football)

Well he was an embarrassment at Tampa Bay, so we know Schiano can not pull turn around everywhere. If you look at TB before & after him the program he ran was not an outlier - he went to a crappy team and couldn't pull off a miracle. Plenty of coaches like Saban & Belicheck have similar marks on their resume.

We payed him a salary we were comfortable with from the start... We were bidding against our commitment to football. Schiano learned from TB and was only willing to return with staff salary and facilities he can compete with. This is why we poached OC from Oklahoma as opposed to hiring someone who was never an OC before. Go do a resume experience of this staff vs ash, flood, and schiano's prior first staff.
Like I’ve said many times, I hope I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if schiano proves me wrong. I’ve outlined what I believe are realistic goals for any new coach we would have hired and if schiano meets or exceeds those I’ll be the first to be on here saying I was wrong about him.

basically I’d like 4 wins and three 4* Hs recruits year one, 5 wins and four 4*’s year 2 and back to bowling year three. I don’t think that’s unreasonable or unrealistic especially if Greg is still as good as everyone on here is making him out to be. Time will tell

Wtf are you muttering? Are you that self absorbed as to think that HS recruits give three sh*ts what’s discussed on a message board when making college decisions? Good lord you really are a special one. Are you on any airport lists?

It looks like Mr. "We Are Pedophile State" has taken me off of his ignore list, LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT