ADVERTISEMENT

I think Jacob Young is ready

There will be about 5 or more different guys that can bring the ball up the court if they get a rebound....Young, Baker McConnell, Harper or Mulcahy. Could be Yeboah, Mathis or Kiss as well.

Gone are the days when you grab a rebound and look to pass to that one guy to bring the ball up the court. Johnson, Carter or Duke are the only 3 that will not dribble the ball up the court this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: satnom and Scangg
There will be about 5 or more different guys that can bring the ball up the court if they get a rebound....Young, Baker McConnell, Harper or Mulcahy. Could be Yeboah, Mathis or Kiss as well.

Gone are the days when you grab a rebound and look too pass to that one guy to bring the ball up the court. Johnson, Carter or Duke are the only 3 that will not dribble the ball up the court this year.

Which means we can push the ball. IIRC Pike, in an interview that was two years ago (I think), said he likes to push the ball and give the team ten seconds to get a break and then, if it isn't there, pull back and run a play. I think he summarized it by saying that he gives them ten seconds then he takes over. This team could be exactly that kind of offense. Key will be the three point line on the kick out passes. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I would like to see less dribbling and more passing.

If a guy gets a rebound and immediately dribbles up the court it leads to more passing because you can beat the opposing team up the court as opposed to getting a rebound, holding it and looking for a PG.

If a guy gets a rebound and immediately dribbles up the court it leads to more passing because you can beat the opposing team up the court as opposed to getting a rebound, holding it and looking for a PG.
It doesn't necessarily have to be outletted to a PG.

Young was seen as shot heavy and not knowing the difference between a good and bad shot.

It's been two years. Most kids watching the NBA are learning the importance of shot selection, and passing to get a better shot.

He is highly capable of making the change. Let's go,Young!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Young was seen as shot heavy and not knowing the difference between a good and bad shot.

It's been two years. Most kids watching the NBA are learning the importance of shot selection, and passing to get a better shot.

He is highly capable of making the change. Let's go,Young!

Just looking at pure numbers.....if you don't have a regular spot in the rotation you can totally understand why a player might press and do too much in the small minutes they have. Let's see what happens if he knows he has 15-20 minutes of PT locked up and is more comfortable.

Reactions: higgins3
I think the ability to pass and dribble should bring an extra easy basket or two per game....probably the difference between 14 and 17 and 18-13 happens with better FT, 3 point shooting and an extra basket in transition.
Making open 3’s and free throws is easier said than done. Let’s make it happen this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT