ADVERTISEMENT

IF’s, hopes, possibles…

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
We can have a shot at a post season…

IF… Cliff can give us THAT type of consistency and scoring. That’s what we’ve been missing.

HOPE…Simpson has turned the corner, as well as Gavin. Very positive signs.

POSSIBLE… that we get Big O meaningful minutes in Big10 play and JWill gets green light.

This all happens, and it’s a new ball game.

In the past I would expect doom and gloom. No longer. I am hopeful. Don’t love where we are but bright side is - no bad losses and one very good road win. It is all in front of us. Just have to start being more consistent.

Reactions: SBP
Winning the next 2 games - albeit a very difficult task - puts us right back in the thick of things.

Purdue and Illinois are the top 2 dogs in the conference.

Another if/hope - ogbole can provide at least serviceable backup minutes at the 5 (decent defense, alter some shots with his size, grab a few rebounds).

Reactions: Scangg
Getting this team to play well and make the postseason, even the NIT, is important for next year. Integrating that class when the current team is struggling would be really hard and take time, which we won't have next year. We will need to win from the start.

So anything that resembles good play this year is important.

Getting this team to play well and make the postseason, even the NIT, is important for next year. Integrating that class when the current team is struggling would be really hard and take time, which we won't have next year. We will need to win from the start.

So anything that resembles good play this year is important.

Sort of disagree. Next year you know Pike will go through his various combinations early to get his rotations set. I won’t be too concerned about wins and losses until January and by the time February rolls around I expect to see a team that no one wants to play in March.

The reality is that Rutgers will be the underdog in every remaining road game.As such Rutgers will have to win almost every home game and hope for a upset win on the road to have a winning season.There is very little margin for error.

Reactions: SBP
Refs took Cliff and Hyatt out of the MSU game with ticky tack foul calls. I accept it on the road but on Wednesday right after Hyatt drained his 2nd or 3rd 3 pointer early in the 2nd half he gets called for a foul fighting through a screen by Whitey. I watched the replay and it was Tominaga but he didn’t even flop or get dramatic to draw the call. The contact was minimal. That was his 3rd foul and great job by Pike keeping him in there and him not reacting.

Against MSU he reacted to his first foul and they just ruined him like the egomaniacs they are. To be fair, Aikens was also reacting to calls for MSU and they called everything they could against him too.

Refs can be dicks. They have a tough job and even though I boo them I know I couldn’t do a better job. But the refs with egos are the worst.

Refs took Cliff and Hyatt out of the MSU game with ticky tack foul calls. I accept it on the road but on Wednesday right after Hyatt drained his 2nd or 3rd 3 pointer early in the 2nd half he gets called for a foul fighting through a screen by Whitey. I watched the replay and it was Tominaga but he didn’t even flop or get dramatic to draw the call. The contact was minimal. That was his 3rd foul and great job by Pike keeping him in there and him not reacting.

Against MSU he reacted to his first foul and they just ruined him like the egomaniacs they are. To be fair, Aikens was also reacting to calls for MSU and they called everything they could against him too.

Refs can be dicks. They have a tough job and even though I boo them I know I couldn’t do a better job. But the refs with egos are the worst.
THIS.

We can have a shot at a post season…

IF… Cliff can give us THAT type of consistency and scoring. That’s what we’ve been missing.

HOPE…Simpson has turned the corner, as well as Gavin. Very positive signs.

POSSIBLE… that we get Big O meaningful minutes in Big10 play and JWill gets green light.

This all happens, and it’s a new ball game.
Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT