ADVERTISEMENT

If you believe in the RU Screw......

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
It is obvious what is about to take place.

Rutgers beats Syracuse and gets off to a 6-1 start in B1G. Covid is a lot worse than it is right now. NCAA and major conferences realize it is asking too much to fly in airplanes and stay in hotels for conference tournamnet and NCAA.

the solution is every major conference team is invited to the NCAA tournament and there are no conference tournaments.

Rutgers can’t say they made it to the NCAAs because everyone is invited.

Rutgers finished 18-6 in regular season.

Covid was starting to plateau before Thanksgiving. I don't think it gets so much worse that major conference take any extreme steps like this.

Reactions: bac2therac
Have not seen any increase in COVID patients at my hospital in the last week. In fact, the numbers have gone down slightly.

Obviously we have a serious situation, but we aren't anywhere near a breaking point just yet, at least in South Jersey.
Good friend of mine in Staten Island was telling us that her 78 y/o brother with conditions was moved into a makeshift room that had been a closet when he was admitted with COVID this past week. I didnt think to ask her which hospital but I am going to ask her tomorrow.

Thanksgiving and then Christmas is like a big ramp. Numbers will double from that plateau

Double? Theres no way, we would have ~400k cases a day at that rate. That would be a bigger outbreak than the spring (true cases were around 5-8 times more than reported due to testing limitations) and back then no one was wearing masks and social distancing.

Sorry to make this Covid.

last week in NJ we were seeing 4000 day and it did seem to plateau.

yes I think we see 8000 a day.

In addition. Numbers were really much higher than reported back in the spring because we didn’t have the same testing we have now.

Grfig's post was not political, not sure why you feel the need to bring that crap here.
I don't know.. it was "the sky is falling"... which is familiar in a political way. I do think the reaction to it was a bit much. Better to wait for more obvious examples in order to call it out.

Good friend of mine in Staten Island was telling us that her 78 y/o brother with conditions was moved into a makeshift room that had been a closet when he was admitted with COVID this past week. I didnt think to ask her which hospital but I am going to ask her tomorrow.

Most people who show up at the hospital and test positive for Covid are sent home to recover. This includes many people > 75 years old.

If the hospital admits a Covid patient, puts them in the IC unit on a ventilator, then the end is very near.

Reactions: Rutgers36
Most people who show up at the hospital and test positive for Covid are sent home to recover. This includes many people > 75 years old.

If the hospital admits a Covid patient, puts them in the IC unit on a ventilator, then the end is very near.
Usually and they are not allowed visitors and put into a makeshift closet. Not the way I want any of my loved ones to spend their final days. It is weird how so many people just think that because someone is old, they do not deserve to have a little dignity in death.

Thanksgiving and then Christmas is like a big ramp. Numbers will double from that plateau

How to spot a liberal ^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
how to spot someone that looks on everything with a political slant, not caring if they're right or wrong.
Especially if you look at the upward trend happening now.
But the fact is : COVID 19 became the RU Screw when it came to the postseason for the RU MBB program

Covid is a lot worse than it is right now. NCAA and major conferences realize it is asking too much to fly in airplanes and stay in hotels for conference tournamnet and NCAA.

the solution is every major conference team is invited to the NCAA tournament and there are no conference tournaments.

Rutgers can’t say they made it to the NCAAs because everyone is invited.

If Covid is so bad that teams can't fly on airplanes and play in a conference tournament, why would they decide that the better solution is to increase the number of teams in the tournament and fly all of those teams around instead?

Double? Theres no way, we would have ~400k cases a day at that rate. That would be a bigger outbreak than the spring (true cases were around 5-8 times more than reported due to testing limitations) and back then no one was wearing masks and social distancing.
Almost at 50% higher than pre thanksgiving today in NJ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT