ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Transfers- 3 players including top scorer

I understand that the coach resigned this week, which probably had something to do with it. Still, ouch!

Originally posted by BeKnighted:

I understand that the coach resigned this week, which probably had something to do with it. Still, ouch!
Wow, this was Teri Moren's first year as IU's HC and she resigned?

My mistake - the coach who recruited these players and who resigned was the guy who she replaced. (I was picking up something from a RebKell thread, but did not read the link in that thread.) Apparently they stuck it out a year and decided not to stay longer.

My mistake - the coach who recruited these players and who resigned was the guy who she replaced. (I was picking up something from a RebKell thread, but did not read the link in that thread.) Apparently they stuck it out a year and decided not to stay longer.
That sounds reasonable and think a lot of players will stick a year after the HC they signed with leaves , then decide to go or stay after playing under the new one.

Originally posted by MADHAT1:

That sounds reasonable and think a lot of players will stick a year after the HC they signed with leaves , then decide to go or stay after playing under the new one.
And there was a mention on the TV broadcast about a difference in style between Miller and the current coach that had impacted Agler's minutes in particular (they were discussing her because her father was there).

This is a classic example of a high school coach changing roles and becoming the street agent for his former high school star. That's why he feels comfortable in speaking for her, And one can bet he influenced her to transfer.

Between Pappy getting a job (Ohio State) and high school coaches acting as agents( think Simmons) no wonder their are so many transfers. Each year coaches have to guard their players like mother hens.

She is an outstanding player, but why add a year to your college career. Should she be good enough, the WNBA will find her no matter where she plays.

Oh well Indiana says good by to a good player and her crazy hair-do.

Can we pick up a 3 point shooter? LOL!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT