ADVERTISEMENT

Into the portal Quincy Roche R-JR DE

He's going to a big time school. I'm hearing Oregon, Texas A&M or Wisconsin.

Wonder if he'll room with Jalen Berger there.

Am I the only one that finds the thread title completely useless and vague

to top it off I have no idea what the name of the player is from the tweet

The name is given 3 posts prior to your post.

I'd prefer UCLA personally but it'll be interesting to see which one of two he chooses. NJ RBs have had great success in Wisc.
Fran Brown and several of your former commits say hi. At least when you're old you can tell your grandchildren about that brief moment in the sun when Temple was decent.

Fran Brown and several of your former commits say hi. At least when you're old you can tell your grandchildren about that brief moment in the sun when Temple was decent.

Don't get so angry, bud. Fran already reached out to Matt about the Giants. Even offered to take care of the 9/1 buyout. Fran negatively recruiting against Rutgers for so long is a reason Berger is going to Wisconsin.

Reactions: SHUSource
Kid was AAC Def. POY and 1st/2nd team All American depending on the outlet. This is a classic case of the portal creating a free agency market for a kid to play at a higher profile school to increase his draft position.
Don’t assume it’s not for the graduate program that school has that Temple University doesn’t.

Good, it's unhealthy to let all of that Jalen Berger frustration internalize and fester. Let it out.

You angry Temple clown. Great month of December your program is having. Lost your best recruiter, some commitments to Rutgers, getting blown out by an average ACC school in an irrelevant bowl and now your best players are fleeing. Have fun in 2020 as it’s about to get worse for your crappy program.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Don't get so angry, bud. Fran already reached out to Matt about the Giants. Even offered to take care of the 9/1 buyout. Fran negatively recruiting against Rutgers for so long is a reason Berger is going to Wisconsin.
I don't think that's the reason.

You angry Temple clown. Great month of December your program is having. Lost your best recruiter, some commitments to Rutgers, getting blown out by an average ACC school in an irrelevant bowl and now your best players are fleeing. Have fun in 2020 as it’s about to get worse for your crappy program.

Get it out. Tomorrow is a clean start.

LOL. Good one. A few years from now, getting skull dragged in that bowl game will be a fond memory for you fellas. Good luck next year in the All Afterthoughts Conference!

Reactions: RURM85
I like and root for Temple football. The problem they will have going forward is that their success is highly dependent on Rutgers being terrible. Some things are no mystery....the "rise" of Rutgers football came at a time when Syracuse was historically bad, and BC sucked. The ascendency of Temple coincided with Rutgers program utterly falling apart. Its worth noting that PSU was also not its usual powerhouse self during these times.

Eastern schools largely recruit in the east. There is only so much talent to go around. If Rutgers starts getting a share of NJ's best recruits, that will come at Temple's direct expense. Its going to be hard for them to continue to succeed IF Rutgers climbs out of the Big Ten basement, and PSU stays near the top of the Big Ten. They desperately need one of those schools to be bad.

And with hundreds of millions going into so many improvements on campus in both athletic and academic arenas, RU is morphing into a true destination school.

dude you Wisconsin fans are really that scared of not getting Jalen

I like and root for Temple football. The problem they will have going forward is that their success is highly dependent on Rutgers being terrible. Some things are no mystery....the "rise" of Rutgers football came at a time when Syracuse was historically bad, and BC sucked. The ascendency of Temple coincided with Rutgers program utterly falling apart. Its worth noting that PSU was also not its usual powerhouse self during these times.

Eastern schools largely recruit in the east. There is only so much talent to go around. If Rutgers starts getting a share of NJ's best recruits, that will come at Temple's direct expense. Its going to be hard for them to continue to succeed IF Rutgers climbs out of the Big Ten basement, and PSU stays near the top of the Big Ten. They desperately need one of those schools to be bad.

This is a fairly well put together thought. We certainly bared the fruits of Rutgers being terrible for the last decade. Our demise, however, has been forecasted with each head coaching change. We're still here. Bunch of wins. Bunch of bowl games. Bunch of buyouts. Fran was very good to us his first go around but left a lot to be desired the last year, both in recruiting and how our secondary developed. We didn't get to where we were by recruiting high 3 star and 4 kids from the local area that RU couldn't get anymore. We found kids who were underrecruited, latched on early, and prayed like hell we kept them. I don't know if that philosophy will fly on the banks, especially competing against the big boys.

Reactions: dbaguy
This is a fairly well put together thought. We certainly bared the fruits of Rutgers being terrible for the last decade. Our demise, however, has been forecasted with each head coaching change. We're still here. Bunch of wins. Bunch of bowl games. Bunch of buyouts. Fran was very good to us his first go around but left a lot to be desired the last year, both in recruiting and how our secondary developed. We didn't get to where we were by recruiting high 3 star and 4 kids from the local area that RU couldn't get anymore. We found kids who were underrecruited, latched on early, and prayed like hell we kept them. I don't know if that philosophy will fly on the banks, especially competing against the big boys.
Half decade. In the 2014 Quick Lane Bowl, RU beat the snot out of the North Carolina team that beat the snot out of Temple this year. After the Fridge left us and Flood's recruiting kicked in, it was a downward spiral. We will reverse that.

We will take your AD when we are ready for that move.
Plenty of room for RU and Temple to both be decent programs in their respective conferences. I don't see the need for a war of words.

Yeah, we hosted College Gameday the year after your Quick Lube Bowl. It was a great time. As a big time college football fan that I'm sure you are, you lilkely watched it and also watched us beat your conference mate Penn State the same year. Wait til you guys get close to doing that. Was one of the best days!

In fact, now that I think about it, Temple may have more B1G wins since Rutgers joined the conference than Rutgers does.

Reactions: SHUSource
Yeah, we hosted College Gameday the year after your Quick Lube Bowl. It was a great time. As a big time college football fan that I'm sure you are, you lilkely watched it and also watched us beat your conference mate Penn State the same year. Wait til you guys get close to doing that. Was one of the best days!

In fact, now that I think about it, Temple may have more B1G wins since Rutgers joined the conference than Rutgers does.
That was Temples peak unfortunately. I guess we'll see next year where our programs are when we play each other. Look forward to seeing you guys sink into obscurity once again.

Terrible last decade? Stupid comment. We went to 4 bowl games in the firs half of the lat decade, winning 2 of them

The first half of the last decade we were:

2014 8-5 (blew out UNC in bowl game)
2013 6-7 (went to bowl)
2012 9-4 (went to bowl)
2011 9-4 (blew out Iowa State in bowl game)
2010 4-8

36-28 total record. Two blow wins. Hardly terrible.

Once we get back to even that slightly better than mediocre record, Temple isn't pulling anything but D1AA or risky kids (grades, off-the-field problem players) out of NJ.

Why the **** is some tu fan here...? They’re almost as obnoxious as shu ones...almost...

...all this stuff and yet here you are.

Joe P.

Reactions: RUMountie

Yep, and once Rhule got even a sniff of a better job offer, he booked out of the crime-ridden streets of Filthadelphia.

Just like Golden did. Just like Addazzio did. Just like Diaz did.

Take a look at UCONN. Look at their last 5 years, where they slowly descended into the depths of AAC (which in itself has become meaningless) hell.

That's what Temple has to look forward to. You are soon going to look back fondly at the days when your coach would leave you in the middle of the night for the more attractive program.

Reactions: RURM85

...all this great TU stuff and again, here you are. 'We hosted a TV show!' (...and then got decked by a MAC team in a bowl game).

Joe P.

I like Shirley too...
When they are a complete irrelevant afterthought, such as now

The whole conference is screwed. Their broadcast rights deal with ESPN will net each school $7mm a year for the next 12 years. As opposed to $50mm plus for B1G and SEC schools. Eventually it will be the Power 2.

That was Temples peak unfortunately. I guess we'll see next year where our programs are when we play each other. Look forward to seeing you guys sink into obscurity once again.

Thanks for watching man! The ratings were through the roof for it! Hoping you guys dig yourself back to relevancy. No one wants to see a school be the laughing stock in a second decade.
Yep, and once Rhule got even a sniff of a better job offer, he booked out of the crime-ridden streets of Filthadelphia.

Just like Golden did. Just like Addazzio did. Just like Diaz did.

Take a look at UCONN. Look at their last 5 years, where they slowly descended into the depths of AAC (which in itself has become meaningless) hell.

That's what Temple has to look forward to. You are soon going to look back fondly at the days when your coach would leave you in the middle of the night for the more attractive program.

What does Temple and Rutgers both have in common? Their coaches with collegiate records of .500 both left to eventually coach the Buccaneers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT