ADVERTISEMENT

Into the portal Quincy Roche R-JR DE

Terrible last decade? Stupid comment. We went to 4 bowl games in the firs half of the lat decade, winning 2 of them

The first half of the last decade we were:

2014 8-5 (blew out UNC in bowl game)
2013 6-7 (went to bowl)
2012 9-4 (went to bowl)
2011 9-4 (blew out Iowa State in bowl game)
2010 4-8

36-28 total record. Two blow wins. Hardly terrible.

Once we get back to even that slightly better than mediocre record, Temple isn't pulling anything but D1AA or risky kids (grades, off-the-field problem players) out of NJ.

Congrats on those.

Thanks for watching!

Didn't; believe it or not game scores are available without actually watching the games.

...and thanks for your continued caring about Rutgers Football; maybe you can go pick up a t-shirt at Scarlet Fever.

Joe P.

And with that, I'm off to celebrate. But before I go, I'll leave you guys with a quote to hang onto as we head into 2020 from a great 1900s philosopher.

It's a long December and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will be better than the last.

Thanks for watching man! The ratings were through the roof for it! Hoping you guys dig yourself back to relevancy. No one wants to see a school be the laughing stock in a second decade.

What does Temple and Rutgers both have in common? Their coaches with collegiate records of .500 both left to eventually coach the Buccaneers.

How are Temple and RU different? Schiano wanted to come home.

None of the many coaches that got the F out of Temple would want to come back to your school.

How are Temple and RU different? Schiano wanted to come home.

None of the many coaches that got the F out of Temple would want to come back to your school.
I hate Temple as much as the next RU fan, but it was widely reported that Greg had real interest in the Temple job both times it came open, pre and post Diaz. The fact is that if Temple and Pat Kraft had been interested in Greg he might not be our coach today, so if you are a RU Greg fan you should thankful to the Temple Owls.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sp...Account&utm_campaign=Inquirer+Twitter+Account

Reactions: NorthBroad
Thanks for watching man! The ratings were through the roof for it! Hoping you guys dig yourself back to relevancy. No one wants to see a school be the laughing stock in a second decade.

What does Temple and Rutgers both have in common? Their coaches with collegiate records of .500 both left to eventually coach the Buccaneers.
I don't hate Temple at all and was definitely rooting for you. Moreso it was to see Penn State lose to Temple. That game was also like 75% PSU fans in the stands. You guys are a solid G5 team but probably won't be once we get going again. Cheers to Temple for your 3 years of relevancy? I guess you can call it that.

Half decade. In the 2014 Quick Lane Bowl, RU beat the snot out of the North Carolina team that beat the snot out of Temple this year. After the Fridge left us and Flood's recruiting kicked in, it was a downward spiral. We will reverse that.

We will take your AD when we are ready for that move.
Plenty of room for RU and Temple to both be decent programs in their respective conferences. I don't see the need for a war of words.
If those same kids who played in 2014 are still there, no wonder they beat Temple like they did — they’re 28 years old now!

Seriously, though, Pat Kraft would have to have a felony on his record between now and whenever to leave Temple for that job. Come on, now, especially with the IU job opening up this year.

I hate Temple as much as the next RU fan, but it was widely reported that Greg had real interest in the Temple job both times it came open, pre and post Diaz. The fact is that if Temple and Pat Kraft had been interested in Greg he might not be our coach today, so if you are a RU Greg fan you should thankful to the Temple Owls.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sp...Account&utm_campaign=Inquirer+Twitter+Account

tenor.gif

I don't doubt stuff got floated out there but if you really want anyone to believe we should be 'thankful TU didn't want Schiano' and that's why he's back at Rutgers, that might be right up there with the 'we never offered' mantra.

Joe P.

Reactions: RURM85
I am not buying that Temple and Rutgers cannot both succeed in the current FBS environment. If Temple uses the transfer portal correctly it will find plenty of kids to make it competitive in the AAC, despite the fact that its recruiting might take a bit of a hit based on Rutgers improving and it might lose a few of its kids to the portal. All those 3 and 4 star kids from the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions at P5 schools that just can't find their way to the field will be looking for a second chance closer to home and Temple should be able to take advantage of their location to grab some of them. Cincy does fine with Ohio State dominating their state, Memphis seems to be surviving with Tennessee and Vanderbilt in their backyard, even UAB finds enough talent to compete in a G5 conference in a state with both Alabama and Auburn.

Nothing more than rumors! There is a reason it never happened! Most likely reason? Because it wasn’t true!

I like and root for Temple football. The problem they will have going forward is that their success is highly dependent on Rutgers being terrible. Some things are no mystery....the "rise" of Rutgers football came at a time when Syracuse was historically bad, and BC sucked. The ascendency of Temple coincided with Rutgers program utterly falling apart. Its worth noting that PSU was also not its usual powerhouse self during these times.

Eastern schools largely recruit in the east. There is only so much talent to go around. If Rutgers starts getting a share of NJ's best recruits, that will come at Temple's direct expense. Its going to be hard for them to continue to succeed IF Rutgers climbs out of the Big Ten basement, and PSU stays near the top of the Big Ten. They desperately need one of those schools to be bad.

Agree with most of this post. However neither Rutgers or Temple is currently getting anywhere close to the best NJ Recruits. This 2020 class RU has only one Top 20 NJ Recruit and Temple has zero. Are they both fighting for the 20-40th ranked NJ recruits? Yes absolutely. And Schiano is now winning that battle with Temple.
Schiano needs to start getting RU back to getting it’s fair share of Top 20 NJ recruits. That will come at PSU, Michigan, ND, etc. expenses not Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT