ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Game Time Predictions?

scarlet96

All American
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2006
Any predictions of the game more likely to be 3:30 or noon? I know some people here have a good grasp on these things

No inside info right now, but my gut says noon.

3 straight (literally, back-to-back-to-back weeks), to start the home season, would f*cking suck. I really hope the B1G doesn't do that to us. We could be looking at:

@ Wash 2:00 EST
Howard - NOON
New Mexico - NOON
Iowa - 50/50 noon
@ OSU - NOON
Mich - 8/8:30
Illinois - NOON
@ Minn - NOON
Indiana - very likely noon

.....YIKES!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
It will be some time after they milk the cows but before they close the barn doors in Iowa

Here are the B1G games that day:

Colorado State at Minnesota - TBD
Nevada at Purdue - TBD
Wake Forest at Indiana - TBD
Iowa at Rutgers - TBD
Penn State at Michigan - TBD
Wisconsin at Michigan State - TBD
Nebraska at Northwestern - 7:30 BTN

Of those seven games, the first three are almost certainly nonconference nooners. I'm calling Penn State / Michigan for 3:30 ABC and Wisconsin / Michigan State for 3:30 ESPN2. That leaves us the 3:30 BTN slot.

Nevada at Purdue - TBD
Iowa at Rutgers - TBD

Of those seven games, the first three are almost certainly nonconference nooners. I'm calling Penn State / Michigan for 3:30 ABC and Wisconsin / Michigan State for 3:30 ESPN2. That leaves us the 3:30 BTN slot.

Thanks for doing the groundwork. I like it!

Reactions: rubigtimenow

Nevada at Purdue - TBD
Iowa at Rutgers - TBD

:pray:

Nevada at Purdue - TBD
Iowa at Rutgers - TBD

Those are only the B1G games though. Couldn't there very easily (i.e. more likely than not) be another game that steals the ESPN2 or ABC slot and pushes our game to noon?

Those are only the B1G games though. Couldn't there very easily (i.e. more likely than not) be another game that steals the ESPN2 or ABC slot and pushes our game to noon?
Possible, but I'll stop short of saying more likely than not.

We're talking about a game that would bump Michigan State / Wisconsin on ESPN2. (I think Penn State / Michigan is solid for ABC.) That game would probably have to be either ACC or SEC. Big 12 and PAC 12 will probably be on Fox outlets.

Points to consider:
  • CBS gets its pick of the SEC 3:30 games.
  • ESPN will take the prime ACC game.
  • And then there are multiple prime-time evening slots available on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, maybe CBS - none of which will be B1G.
I'll stay with my call of 3:30 BTN. No warranties, express or implied.

It has a Beth Mowins special at noon written all over it.
url

Some additional thoughts:
  • The ACC doesn't have much going on that day. Clemson plays on Thursday night. FSU is nonconference at USF (the Palindrome Bowl?). Their only conference game is Pitt at UNC. The ACC will get one 3:30 slot, simply because they're the ACC and ESPN is ESPN. But they won't get two.
  • The SEC contract with CBS provides semi-exclusivity within the 3:30 window. Other than the CBS game, the only outlet that can broadcast the SEC during that window is the SEC Network. ABC and ESPN are off limits. So no competition there.
  • Notre Dame is at home and safely tucked away on NBC.
I am feeling more certain about the 3:30 start.

Last edited:
Since there's no dislike button, I love the noon starts. Home in time to catch the 2nd halves of the 3:30 starts and ready to go for the night games. The 3:30 games destroy the noon TV schedule and sun in my eyes on the rutgers side for most of the game. Then I miss the openings of the night games, excluding Pac12 action, which is a bummer. Noon is ok by me.

I too prefer the noon starts, but I am not a tailgater. Nor do I have young children with Saturday morning activities. I can see how 3:30 provides the greatest good to the greatest number.

That said, we all knew this was coming when we joined the B1G. The B1G only plays on Saturdays and plays limited night games. 3:30 is its prime time. And we have not yet earned a regular prime time slot.

Reactions: RURM85 and MozRU
This is a good rating game

I think they will try to get this on at 3:30....especially because Iows smells 3-0 and top 10/12 coming into RU

Reactions: rubigtimenow
TV or not, 3:30 pm. Have to give the griddle a rest. Although, breakfast IS the most important meal so nutrition wise, it's a win-win.
So it's Bloody Mary's or beer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT