ADVERTISEMENT

Is Monangai off to the NFL after this year?

When the season started, I considered him a backup to Sam Brown and Aaron Young. Now, you guys have me worried about him leaving for the NFL.

Amazing how much your stock can change after 9 games.

Yes… point is well taken but Corum up to that injury had several very productive years. Monangai needs to show his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield I ‘m not sure that’s going to hinder him going forward but…

Thought it should have been targeting regardless. Of course B1G Refs would never go against OSU in that situation and make the correct call.
By definition- the defender doesn’t really need to be targeting him or have to lead with the crown. And no intent is needed. But if tge defenders helmet or shoulder pads connect with a defenseless player in the head or neck area, it should be called.
In tgis case- the defender had no intent and may have been trying to get out of the way but KM was 100% the definition of tge defenseless player they are trying to protect.

Reactions: ScarletNut
By definition- the defender doesn’t really need to be targeting him or have to lead with the crown. And no intent is needed. But if tge defenders helmet or shoulder pads connect with a defenseless player in the head or neck area, it should be called.
In tgis case- the defender had no intent and may have been trying to get out of the way but KM was 100% the definition of tge defenseless player they are trying to protect.

The NCAA rules also include using arms, hands and shoulders if used with "extra spice" in head/neck area.

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting. When in question, it is a foul. ...

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball.

They don't all have to be passes across the middle
Yesterday the RZ pass to Dremel looked very lame.
First off the Ohio defense read it right away (70s offense announcers called it)
Secondly the 4 defenders waiting on the ball planted Dremel like lint.
I'd much rather see a gut like Mongo get the 2 yd pass because he routinely blows through tackle gangs

NTTTvqb.gif
looking at that another example of terrible blocking by the wide receivers. Add that play to the KM fumbleruski(sp) missed block and there are two TDs.

Yes… point is well taken but Corum up to that injury had several very productive years. Monangai needs to show his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield I ‘m not sure that’s going to hinder him going forward but…

He has two catches.
RBs have 10 total catches in 9 games.

If he needs to prove pass catching ability, not sure returning will help.

Reactions: winfield102
He has two catches.
RBs have 10 total catches in 9 games.

If he needs to prove pass catching ability, not sure returning will help.
Well he does… there are any number of backs who can run, with power, more speed and can also block . Maybe not like Kyle but adequate .Pass catching I would like to see from KM.

Reactions: NickRU714
The coaches seem to like the freshman RB for swing passes. IMO, that Gavin put a little to much on the ball to Monangai, but will need to watch again in slow motion.
not to derail main topic but i kept thinking, knowing lots of high/overthrows have been happening that maybe coaches should have run that play to a TE or Sam Brown (if doing a RB) for size purposes.

Reactions: ScarletNut
not to derail main topic but i kept thinking, knowing lots of high/overthrows have been happening that maybe coaches should have run that play to a TE or Sam Brown (if doing a RB) for size purposes.
The freshman I was thinking about was Jason Benjamin. He made a nice catch and scored a TD earlier this year.

Pacheco’s success would help how the NFL views KM.

I’m sure KM will get feedback on his draft outlook. If he’s a day 2 pick then he should certainly go pro.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
If the USC quarterback, the Michigan running back, and both Ohio State receivers came back for this season, then I don't know who is actually leaving for the NFL until they announce it.

Nah, he will be back. Program guy. If he blows up even more next year, dare I say would be a first rounder …
Love Kyle but he's not a first round pick. Those are reserved for the Saquon's and Bijan Robinson's. Franchise RB's with prototype size and speed. He should definitely get drafted, but more like mid-late rounds.

KM's pass blocking ability will far outweigh his pass catching ability when it comes to the NFL.

It could.
Its hard to watch an NFL game with such bad blocking all over.
Its like a bloodsport where you wait for guys to get carted off the field.
Not even Saquon was a good pass blocker and a KM would be nice as a FB in a RB body

A lot of KM's attraction will depend on how a combine goes
Pacheco wouldn't have been drafted without the sub 4.4 shocker
Even Schiano had him figured as a special teams contributor and not as a starter.

Speaking of FBs interesting article about Burton being KC's last FB.
Reid says TEs can do the same work

"Michael Burton was Reid’s final fullback, appearing in 35 games over the last two seasons, rushing for 33 yards and a touchdown during that time.

But all great stories must come to an end. It looks like Reid's romance with the position has finally reached its conclusion. Speaking of the position on Wednesday, Kansas City’s head coach appears to have already found comfort in the arms of another.

“Yeah, so the tight ends can work into that spot,” Reid explained to reporters."

I don't think so if he is paid. And he can never get the joy of playing with his guys again at the banks, if he skips it.

It's gonna be very interesting next Fall if KM returns....along with most of the others with remaining eligibility....plus the new, more reasonable schedule.

looking at that another example of terrible blocking by the wide receivers. Add that play to the KM fumbleruski(sp) missed block and there are two TDs.
Looking at that Dremel RZ pass with the 4 OSU defenders...if we ran it with KM in the same position as Dremel...I think KM gets past those defenders and in for the score

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT