ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Butt breaks down Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week Kyle Monangai's running game in a win over Virginia Tech. Great Video!

I just can't get over how there's been no recognition for the blocking by Langan in that first touchdown run. He takes out TWO VT defenders on the outside so Monangai can run behind him. Jackson also does a good job taking out another defender in that same hole.

I just can't get over how there's been no recognition for the blocking by Langan in that first touchdown run. He takes out TWO VT defenders on the outside so Monangai can run behind him. Jackson also does a good job taking out another defender in that same hole.
Without knowing how you feel about NJ.com...

Jackson misses the first blitzing DB badly, but then makes up for it in effort.

Reactions: Kbee3
The other thing I see is how the OL is performing as a unit. I get it, they have not faced Michigan yet but...

Watching their schemes, timing, follow through and no penalties- Michigan will really have to beat them this year rather than it be like facing a HS OL.

Agree with Langan and WR blocking.

KM making great reads and wow- his blocking alone will get him on an NFL roster. The block on the GW TD may have even been better than the one against NWU. The one against NWU was a no brainer who he had to get and it was coming at him and he attacked that guy- but the one on the GW play- so many things going on, it is down field a few yards and KM had to identify and be the guy that makes the hit. Beautiful play.

Jake Butt was on the Scarlet Faithful podcast with Aaron B. and not only did he give some interesting thoughts/analysis on the match-up but he also provided some excellent break-down of Kirk C's offensive play-calling. Give it a watch if you like:

Jake Butt? Dude needs to change his name!
I sat in front of his then girlfriend and she kept cheering for Michigan players by first name which was annoying. Not sure why.
Then we got a first down and a guy in front of me yelled F##k Yeah and she then told her mother that he was yelling at her. So I had to explain that he was from NJ and couldn't care less about her. Also Jake Butt did a good job as an analyst.

I sat in front of his then girlfriend and she kept cheering for Michigan players by first name which was annoying. Not sure why.
Then we got a first down and a guy in front of me yelled F##k Yeah and she then told her mother that he was yelling at her. So I had to explain that he was from NJ and couldn't care less about her. Also Jake Butt did a good job as an analyst.
Maybe he needs a new wife too!

Because he’s not catching touchdowns .
That’s what some people only see

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT