ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin deleted tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like McSorley has speed/legs, and Stevens has the arm. Would Franklin split time between the QBs?

No, they both have the legs. I don't know if he would.

Enough about PSU, tell me about upcoming changes for Rutgers in 2016 and what you're excited about.

I guess I'm not understanding your post. Are you saying he hasn't been impressive against Rutgers or in general? Like I said above, the loss to Temple last year is the only one someone could really take issue with. PSU was a couple plays away from giving OSU a good game last year. The drop by Gesicki was one of the biggest plays of the season IMO. Let's also talk about the OSU game the year before. Was that not a good coaching job by Franklin? If anything, Urbs was the bonehead in that one for not demanding Barrett to keep on the read option. The DE was sucked in the entire half and yet Zeke kept getting the ball. Ironically, Barrett finally keeping it was the play that allowed him to waltz into the endzone in OT and win the game.

Very much in general.

I love how now you guys were just a few plays from making a game of some. 2014, it took about 5 plays in our game that had to go your way and against us to win that one. So let's say you were a play away from a 5 win season at best there. I mean, if you want to delete plays or add plays. Hell, we were just a OT play away in our opener that year and a play away from you guys from having 10 wins. Boy, there was a blowout or two that "if only" a play or two went our way, we could have made a game of it...are you seeing how stupid that sounds?
Franklin can recruit but I have not seen any proof of coaching...hope he stays there a long time

Reactions: RUBand
Very much in general.

I love how now you guys were just a few plays from making a game of some. 2014, it took about 5 plays in our game that had to go your way and against us to win that one. So let's say you were a play away from a 5 win season at best there. I mean, if you want to delete plays or add plays. Hell, we were just a OT play away in our opener that year and a play away from you guys from having 10 wins. Boy, there was a blowout or two that "if only" a play or two went our way, we could have made a game of it...are you seeing how stupid that sounds?
Franklin can recruit but I have not seen any proof of coaching...hope he stays there a long time

You do know that nearly every Rutgers fans who talks about that 2014 game always adds a qualifier right? Always makes me chuckle.

Okay, I'll go with what you said. We lost to Temple, Northwestern, OSU, Michigan and MSU. Other than Temple (on paper) we were supposed to lose every one of those games. I thought last year was much better than the year before when we lost to two absolutely putrid teams in MD and ILL.

Why is it that whenever people bash Franklin they never talk about the success of the defense? Does he not also oversee that side of the ball as well?

No, they both have the legs. I don't know if he would.

Enough about PSU, tell me about upcoming changes for Rutgers in 2016 and what you're excited about.
Let's see.
Defensive line should be solid. Despite what others say here, I think last year's trial by fire of our DBs and more solid coaching should serve us well. Of course, it's no secret that our linebackers are a huge question mark and work in progress.

Offense- looking forward to better utilization of Grant on offense, and moving to a spread offense. Despite losing Carroo, we do have talent in Tsimis, Agudosi, Grant and Patton, and I expect the new coaches to rely on speedster and baseball player Jawuan Harris. This will not be without bumps/hiccups, but it has to be better than running up the middle on almost every 1st down and the unimaginative offense we saw last season. Have no idea or worries about who "wins" our QB competition, but I suspect we will see more than one QB used frequently early on.

Reactions: kjb32812
Very much in general.

We were one play away from sealing that game: the Nova airball over a wide-open Tyler Kroft for the 1st down with about 3 mins. left in the 4th. No, I still can't shake it off.
tumblr_lyhf3klasN1ro91bjo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Yeah because Urbs did a hell of a job with Noah Spence. Good point.

Apples and oranges, and you know it. Noah Spence was a troubled kid who Urban booted, much like BoB did with Shawn Oakman, remember him?

Apples and oranges, and you know it. Noah Spence was a troubled kid who Urban booted, much like BoB did with Shawn Oakman, remember him?

Sure do. Assaulted a 7/11 worker.

Hope Gesicki gets it together this year or he could get passed up.

You do know that nearly every Rutgers fans who talks about that 2014 game always adds a qualifier right? Always makes me chuckle.

Okay, I'll go with what you said. We lost to Temple, Northwestern, OSU, Michigan and MSU. Other than Temple (on paper) we were supposed to lose every one of those games. I thought last year was much better than the year before when we lost to two absolutely putrid teams in MD and ILL.

Why is it that whenever people bash Franklin they never talk about the success of the defense? Does he not also oversee that side of the ball as well?

And yet, you qualified a season, makes me chuckle. I'm sorry but why do you talk as if you guys are OSU? Or maybe a team that was just a win away from the B1G championship?
Last year, your team would have been considered a complete failure with less then 7 wins with your schedule.
Your only reason to talk crap to us is because you got the head to head. At 4mil plus- you should expect more from your coach. Please tell me, how many wins this year and why? 7? Or a big huge year with 8 or 9? With all your talent...

And yet, you qualified a season, makes me chuckle. I'm sorry but why do you talk as if you guys are OSU? Or maybe a team that was just a win away from the B1G championship?
Last year, your team would have been considered a complete failure with less then 7 wins with your schedule.
Your only reason to talk crap to us is because you got the head to head. At 4mil plus- you should expect more from your coach. Please tell me, how many wins this year and why? 7? Or a big huge year with 8 or 9? With all your talent...

First of all, you have the wrong guy in saying I talk as if Penn State is OSU. You're also way off base in saying that I expect this team to be anywhere near a B1G championship. We are a middle of the pack B1G team right now that hasn't even been able to vault into being a T25 team.

I agree with you and expected 8 wins. This year I would expect 8 wins and would be pleasantly surprised with 9. Why? I'm concerned about our defense and specifically the OL. Reeder transferring also leaves us with a possible problem at LB throughout the season and Wartman is coming off a major surgery and Bell can never stay healthy for an entire season.

I agree we do have a lot of talent on the team but you act as if the talent is mature. You always are recruiting for two years down the road (minimum) so let's look at it. To be fair I included on season on each side.
  • 2015 - 15th
  • 2014 - 24th
  • 2013 - 43rd
Simply based on rankings, that puts Penn State at a 41st average. Is Penn State a T40 team in the country? I think so. Even if you threw in last year (true freshman - 22nd) we would be at an average of 26th. I don't think we are that far off from being a T25 program.

Finally, I didn't talk any crap ITT or any other until someone went off the rails and I responded directly to him.

I think you lost me on a couple of things and I'm not trying to be a wise ass. The 43/24/15 are those the last 3 years recruiting? If so, how does that average at 41. Maybe you meant something different. Just looking to clarify

You think PSU is also a top 40 team at the moment? Without a QB?

I think you lost me on a couple of things and I'm not trying to be a wise ass. The 43/24/15 are those the last 3 years recruiting? If so, how does that average at 41. Maybe you meant something different. Just looking to clarify

You think PSU is also a top 40 team at the moment? Without a QB?

Duh, my bad. Don't know why I didn't divide by 3. Would be #27.

I definitely think Penn State is a T40 team. Now, with my adjusted numbers the question is are they a T27 team. One of my hopes last year was for them to finish a T25 team. Same this year. If they could get past Iowa and then win their bowl game, I think that is definitely a reality. In my wins, I did have them beating Iowa at home.

I'm not worried about the QB. We have had what was once expected to be a T5 draft pick at QB for the last two years and look what that has gotten us. The OL should be improved, will definitely be deeper and the offense will be changed. Like any fan from any fanbase, I have a lot of blind faith in Moorhead and what he can do with the athletes on our team.

As I've said repeatedly, DL is the issue. Not only could there be limited talent, but their could also be limited depth. I've seen that movie before and it sucks.

I apologize for my useless stats above. Same premise, but my supporting info doesn't make my case as strong.

How's Blacknall looking? Terrible I hope.

haha - I was afraid someone might ask. After last year, I was wondering if he would be passed up as we are very deep at WR. He has been one of the feature stories of the off season. Hand timed 4.39 which was second only to Barkley. What people have been talking about is how his on field stuff is finally catching up to his measurables. I always take this stuff with a grain of salt, but he has two things working in his favor. First, Geno Lewis is gone. Second, Hamilton was moved to slot (which is a great move IMO). Blacknall is going to have his shot at getting the reps so now he just needs to take advantage of it. We will see.

How is the kid who stuck with you over PSU doing. I think his name was Seymour - DL guy. Rooting for that kid because I always love when someone sticks to their commitment.

EDIT: It is Seymour. Found his bio. Has he really gained 27 pounds (297) since showing up on campus? If so, that's awesome. In the mix for 2-deep?

Last edited:
Not much had been reported on Seymour as a frosh, not that unusual for a Dlineman, although last year with Hamilton hurt and other injuries we did have a true frosh DT who wasn't as highly thought of as Seymour see action (Bateky).

The mods on our premium site here gave a very positive mention of Seymour from this past Sat's scrimmage, commenting on how he has transformed his body and was getting some time with the 2's on Sat. Can't say much more, as it was premium content.

Not much had been reported on Seymour as a frosh, not that unusual for a Dlineman, although last year with Hamilton hurt and other injuries we did have a true frosh DT who wasn't as highly thought of as Seymour see action (Bateky).

The mods on our premium site here gave a very positive mention of Seymour from this past Sat's scrimmage, commenting on how he has transformed his body and was getting some time with the 2's on Sat. Can't say much more, as it was premium content.

Totally understand. Pushing 300 after gaining 27 pounds is impressive. If he makes the two deep as a RS FR that would be pretty promising.

PSUguy410 said:
Add in the fact that you guys went a combined 2-24 in conference games this year in the two money sports (Football, MBB) I'd say Rutgers has absolutely zero room to talk.

Despite your be my friend reply, every RU FB fan has the right to talk smack about the Nit's cry baby HC.

But like the way you left out the whines wrong number put in his message and only included the putdown.
Reality might exceed expectations as far as I'm concerned and do better than you seem to think.
I know of a poster here that celebrates RU victories with some damm good scotch .
I'm sure you will find RU fans everywhere cheering success more than drowning sorrows.

RU fans are tough enough not to have to drown their sorrows or deny the truth like some not so happy valley BWI posters do on this board and constantly whining about what RU fans say about Penn St and it's underachieving wimpy HC.

Ummmm I appreciate the enthusiasm but isn't that cry baby HC 2-0 vs RU?

Like I get u want a thing against psu, good for u but rule 101 of smack talk, if ur gonna bash another teams coach, make sure that coach isn't undefeated against ur squad and u aren't coming off a 25 point loss led by a guy (Barkley) who said wimpy head coach flipped from ur squad a year earlier

Like I get u want a thing against psu, good for u but rule 101 of smack talk, if ur gonna bash another teams coach, make sure that coach isn't undefeated against ur squad and u aren't coming off a 25 point loss led by a guy (Barkley) who said wimpy head coach flipped from ur squad a year earlier
Maybe but circumstance matters. There is zero doubt Kevin Wilson is a better coach than Kyle flood but he is 0-2
Against him. If you are being honest, a team with your traditions, stadium size, backing, rape accepting culture, and blind eye to all things ethical should beat us by 40 year in and year out.

You were playing against a coachless team those two years, the history begins a fresh this year. If it took two lost seasons for RU to finally land a worthy HC, it will have been worth it. Lynch, the RB who just transferred from PSU, also had a big game that day, so I don't see Barkley as making a difference. Lynch averaged 12 yards a carry, Say Say Liar Liar only 9. It was more that our D wasn't coached well enough to even know how to line up on half the plays.

Looking forward to PSU's visit this November, as for once RU will have a coaching advantage. Barkley should be pretty beat up by then, playing behind your pitiful oline.

So the games didn't count bcu were coachless? Uhuh. Dude ur just purely entertaining. Also if u wanna tell itself that Barkley is no good and lynch was better go for it, whatever helps u sleep at night.

Did u know that our pitiful o line allowed us to run for 300 yards last year against ur squad? U just lost ur LB unit with no one to replace them, how's that gonna work out this year against the best back in the big 10 and the #1 rb in the country coming in... Guess we'll see

Maybe but circumstance matters. There is zero doubt Kevin Wilson is a better coach than Kyle flood but he is 0-2
Against him. If you are being honest, a team with your traditions, stadium size, backing, rape accepting culture, and blind eye to all things ethical should beat us by 40 year in and year out.

That's cute, u mean like how u guys hate gay people and cheer for thieves while asking ur coach to write ur dance class paper... Oh yea blind eye..... RIGHTTTTTT

JKust because one bad HC that recruits well can beat an equaly bad HC but one that isn't a strong recruiter , doesn't mean the 2-0 HC isn't a thin skinned cry-baby .
Sorry if the truth hurts you so much you have to try and spin it so the pain is more bearable.
But that's life and you just have to accept the truth , or continuing to lie to yourself so you don't
have to face the facts and cry yourself to sleep thinking about it.

That's cute, u mean like how u guys hate gay people and cheer for thieves while asking ur coach to write ur dance class paper... Oh yea blind eye..... RIGHTTTTTT
Not sure how some dorm room video equates to the football team hating "gay people".
While I'm no academic, I don't quite think meeting a teacher is the same as years of child rape but I could be wrong. After all, nobody really knows who "joe" refers to in the emails. Oh, and our evil,coach who met the teacher was fired...not painted in a mural.

Reactions: RUsSKii
Wow, your really upset with vkj91 said and didn't know how to reply his message
He expected you to think then respond in a rational manner .
Not act like a child that doesn't know how to interact with an adult in an intelligent manner.

JKust because one bad HC that recruits well can beat an equaly bad HC but one that isn't a strong recruiter , doesn't mean the 2-0 HC isn't a thin skinned cry-baby .
Sorry if the truth hurts you so much you have to try and spin it so the pain is more bearable.
But that's life and you just have to accept the truth , or continuing to lie to yourself so you don't
have to face the facts and cry yourself to sleep thinking about it.

Dude what's funny is psu fans aren't spinning anything. I'm personally thrilled with the job Franklin has done. To me the fact that we haven't had a losing season during these seasons that have been blasted by the sanctions is a miracle. We should have been way worse than we were and thanks to BoB and Franklin the program has stayed afloat.

What I'm flattered by is how much better you think penn state should be than we actually are. Ur talking about spinning pain and making all these leaps when I'm fully aware of where our program is and how the roster needed to be rebuilt. I think it's great that u believe penn state should be a 10-2 program and don't worry we'll get back there very soon.

Although I must say the funniest thing of all is ur trying to bash Franklin when there's two very important records Franklin has in relation to RU... The first is 2-0... That's obvious. The second is 43-2. The second number reprsents the number of recruits since Franklin became head coach who have held an offer from both RU and PSU and where they chose to attend school. So in other words 43 out of 45 recruits that held both RU and PSU offers chose PSU.... That's not even close. So our head coach has beaten ur squad 2 years in a row and cherry picks every mutual recruit we have and yet WE are the ones spinning things.... Ummm keep dreaming

Not sure how some dorm room video equates to the football team hating "gay people".
While I'm no academic, I don't quite think meeting a teacher is the same as years of child rape but I could be wrong. After all, nobody really knows who "joe" refers to in the emails. Oh, and our evil,coach who met the teacher was fired...not painted in a mural.

It makes about as much sense as u saying our fans accept child rape. Ur just acting like an immature ass who wants his squad to beat psu in the worst way but since they can't u need to yell about something that quite honestly only gets talked about anymore on message boards

PSUguy410 seems very upset being corrected by RU fans on this board.
But then he should be, if he can't understand RU was a program , in the past, that was a cupcake schools like Penn St scheduled.
RU even didn't play at home but at the Meadowlands when facing the Nits and like every cupcake at the time, played one "home game to a school like Penn St two at their house

To set the record straight , before 2014 it was in 1995 RU and PSU last faced each other.
But the truth is, without spinning the facts, Penn St fans do have bragging rights when talking about the games between RU AND psu and it is , what I consider :huge bragging rights.

See PSUguy , there is nothing wrong in admitting facts that don't make your school or coach look,you should try it.
Just admit Franklin is thin-skinned and acted like a crybaby when he blocked Josh Moyer and deleted his tweet.
Also I admit Penn St has a talented roster and Franklin is a good recruiter.
If you want to be honest , you need to admit that Franklin hasn't shown he can use that talent the way it should be.
It's not hard to be honest, try it you might like it :D

I like that kjb can get at it with us and also have a conversation at the same time...kind of like a good rival team tailgate where both groups go at it but also are drinking together and having some fun with it.
PSUguy- not so much. He is the drunk 20 y/o at a away game talking stupid shit and then gets all pissed when someone talks shit back to him. We have all seen these guys. No rational and even his own friends walk away from him.

PSUguy410 seems very upset being corrected by RU fans on this board.
But then he should be, if he can't understand RU was a program , in the past, that was a cupcake schools like Penn St scheduled.
RU even didn't play at home but at the Meadowlands when facing the Nits and like every cupcake at the time, played one "home game to a school like Penn St two at their house

To set the record straight , before 2014 it was in 1995 RU and PSU last faced each other.
But the truth is, without spinning the facts, Penn St fans do have bragging rights when talking about the games between RU AND psu and it is , what I consider :huge bragging rights.

See PSUguy , there is nothing wrong in admitting facts that don't make your school or coach look,you should try it.
Just admit Franklin is thin-skinned and acted like a crybaby when he blocked Josh Moyer and deleted his tweet.
Also I admit Penn St has a talented roster and Franklin is a good recruiter.
If you want to be honest , you need to admit that Franklin hasn't shown he can use that talent the way it should be.
It's not hard to be honest, try it you might like it :D

So u want me to admit he was thin skinned over a tweet? I don't even have a Twitter, I don't understand it. Personally I can't stand most social media so when it comes to the football coach of my alma mater not being friends with someone on twitter, I could really care less. It's a non issue. When Franklin does idiot stuff like call quick kicks with our QB, I'm the first to tell u how dumb that is, but a Twitter unfriend? Give me a break...

I'm glad u brought up the whole Franklin hasn't used his talent thing, perhaps I can give you my take on why I disagree in a condensed version just for another perspective...

So first of all James Franklin is the Head Coach of the ENTIRE team, not just the offense, so that means he COACHED his talent to a top 10 national defense two years in a row... Very good if you ask me. Why don't u ask Carl Nassib who never started a game before last year and led collage football in SACKS and will be drafted early if Franklin doesn't know how to use his defensive talent...

When it comes to the offense it simply comes down to o-line and system. First of all Franklin had 3 scholarship o-lineman when he arrived 2 years ago that were SOPHOMORE eligibility or HIGHER and only 9 scholarship o lineman on the whole team....

There's zero secret that the o line has been horrible, but that's not franklins fault. If you can understand that o line recruits typically take 2-3 years to develop including a redshirt year. So franklins first full recruiting class will be redshirt freshman this year... They need time to develop.

We also know that Franklin has been vocal since he was hired that he prefers a mobile QB which hack was not. It's not that hack wasn't talented but it's the same as when urban Meyer replaced Cardale Jones last year with JT Barrett. Meyer always favors a mobile QB for his system and although Cardale had a big arm, Barrett was the better player for the system particularly since he could roll out and extend the play (something Mcsorely is much better at than hack).

Despite having a QB who doesn't fit his system and the worse o line in school history which was a direct result of the sanctions, we've seen talented young guys Franklin has recruited like Barkley, Chris Godwin and Desean Hamilton breakout in the offense. Really all psu needs is a mobile QB which they will have next year and the o line to finally start improving which it should. I'm more interested in what I see from next year and 2017's squad

Last edited:
So u want me to admit he was thin skinned over a tweet? I don't even have a Twitter, I don't understand it. Personally I can't stand most social media so when it comes to the football coach of my alma mater not being friends with someone on twitter, I could really care less. It's a non issue. When Franklin does idiot stuff like call quick kicks with our QB, I'm the first to tell u how dumb that is, but a Twitter unfriend? Give me a break...
So you're claiming :
tumblr_inline_nhzlx8C3ID1rxr4x6.gif

Grow up and learn not to cry over every little thing.
Just because Franklin is a thin-skinned crybaby doesn't mean you have to act like one:chairshot:

So you're claiming :
tumblr_inline_nhzlx8C3ID1rxr4x6.gif

Grow up and learn not to cry over every little thing.
Just because Franklin is a thin-skinned crybaby doesn't mean you have to act like one:chairshot:

So u don't want to have a rational convo, just want to yell more about Franklin bc he cherry picks any mutual recruit he wants.... Got it

U know darn well that the minute a guy RU is recruiting gets the PSU offer, u have no shot of signing him

I like that kjb can get at it with us and also have a conversation at the same time...kind of like a good rival team tailgate where both groups go at it but also are drinking together and having some fun with it.
PSUguy- not so much. He is the drunk 20 y/o at a away game talking stupid shit and then gets all pissed when someone talks shit back to him. We have all seen these guys. No rational and even his own friends walk away from him.

So KJB kisses ur guys ass to be PC. I make one post about Barkley, one of the villagers starts spewing out the same Sandusky crap we've heard for 5 years and I'm not rational? Ur fans are bashing our coach who has OWNED Rutgers and I'm not rational?

No what isn't rational is the same 5 fans that constantly obsess over psu and their hate for my school and have Scarlett glasses on and can't see that Rutgers is the basement of the big 10. I'm not trying to bash ur school but if u have enough balls to try to talk shit on my schools who ur schools plays little brother to, I just figured u would want to be rational... Lol

So u don't want to have a rational convo, just want to yell more about Franklin bc he cherry picks any mutual recruit he wants.... Got it

U know darn well that the minute a guy RU is recruiting gets the PSU offer, u have no shot of signing him
Well you defended that thin-skinned crybaby HC the best you could do and ignored the facts pointed out to you about the history of the RU-PSU football series history.
Guess you missed my point about trying to be honest in your responses and stop whining.

By the way, I admitted the crybaby is a good recruiter, so bringing up cherry picking looks more like deflecting the truth about how Franklin is, than discussing it in an honest manner.
Normal adult conversations are a far cry from your childish behavior when you can't deny the truth.
You can try to spin what I said anyway you want, but your childish act won't change the way the PSU FB HC hides from criticism and doesn't like to be corrected.

Once again this type of thread is GOLD!

And, yup, it's those scarlet covered glasses that make us view the coverup of the Sandusky scandal to protect the football program as flat out wrong.

Question for PSUguy410 ?
With the way you're replying to criticism of the Penn St HC, it might be asked after reading some of the replies you're posting here:
placeholder_1430265594-41806-emma-stone-are-you-crying-gif-71rm.gif

Sure seems like it, but doubt I'll receive an honest answer :D

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Well you defended that thin-skinned crybaby HC the best you could do and ignored the facts pointed out to you about the history of the RU-PSU football series history.
Guess you missed my point about trying to be honest in your responses and stop whining.

By the way, I admitted the crybaby is a good recruiter, so bringing up cherry picking looks more like deflecting the truth about how Franklin is, than discussing it in an honest manner.
Normal adult conversations are a far cry from your childish behavior when you can't deny the truth.
You can try to spin what I said anyway you want, but your childish act won't change the way the PSU FB HC hides from criticism and doesn't like to be corrected.

So did u miss the whole 3 paragraphs I wrote about Franklin the COACH, not the recruiter. I pointed out that he's had a top 10 national defense on a roster that needed to be completely rebuilt, and in just two years we've seen guys like Barkley, Godwin and Hamilton emerge as potential stars (Barkley already is one).

So u completely ignored that post to write ur ridiculous rebuttals about how I don't want to have an honest convo about Franklin after I clearly wrote in detail about what I honestly like about what he's doing. I personally think Franklin has done a phenomenal job. The fact that during these years of being affected by the sanctions, the fact that we've not had a losing season and recruited top 15 classes every year is a ton of encouragement. Nick Saban would have a hard time doing that with the situation at PSU.

Once again this type of thread is GOLD!

And, yup, it's those scarlet covered glasses that make us view the coverup of the Sandusky scandal to protect the football program as flat out wrong.

I hope you boycotted every game Kyle flood was coach last year if u think a whole school should be lumped into the actions of a few. With ur secondary of thugs and thieves and ur coach who interrogated other teachers to get his players good grades should be an outrage to someone still so upset about something that occurred 20 years ago at a different institution

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT