ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Guarantano Announcing April 15th

He went to tenn rights after that interview and everything exploded after that in favor of tenn . Wish him well who is next?

T2k good try but after the 15th let's end this thing and walk away

Originally posted by CuredbywinningRU:
RUblackshirt - a number of folks (including myself) have heard indirectly, off this board (supposedly based on direct sources), that Tenn has won this race. It's been out there for a couple weeks now. Who knows what the reality is, but I can tell you that the view that Tenn is the winner is widely held so it will not be a surprise to many people when he announcement comes.
Not doubting what you are hearing, but if he is Tennessee bound, why make a trip to Columbus? If that trip doesn't happen, I'll take it as a sign that you are right.

Tennessee appears to be the winner here. Look, the only chance we had for him was his being from NJ and his Dad being an RU HOF'er. Those were big pluses for us, no doubt. But, the reality is, that if a kid is more football than academics oriented or he visits Tenn and sees their facilities, the legacy of Peyton Manning - one of the true great student athletes and great QBs in recent memory (I believe he was a straight A student there), the way football players are the heroes of that University and the bevy of very pretty southern girls running around the campus, it's not hard to understand why he would choose Tenn over RU. Very sad because I believe he would have brought other recruits with him - which would have helped Flood, who has proven to be a very mediocre recruiter.
stfu

you turn literally every post against Flood. You bring nothing of value to this board

Originally posted by Rokodesh:

Tennessee appears to be the winner here. Look, the only chance we had for him was his being from NJ and his Dad being an RU HOF'er. Those were big pluses for us, no doubt. But, the reality is, that if a kid is more football than academics oriented or he visits Tenn and sees their facilities, the legacy of Peyton Manning - one of the true great student athletes and great QBs in recent memory (I believe he was a straight A student there), the way football players are the heroes of that University and the bevy of very pretty southern girls running around the campus, it's not hard to understand why he would choose Tenn over RU. Very sad because I believe he would have brought other recruits with him - which would have helped Flood, who has proven to be a very mediocre recruiter.
stfu

you turn literally every post against Flood. You bring nothing of value to this board
Haha, seriously!

"Tennessee has certain structural advantages vs. RU. They also have an iconic alumnus who is one of the greatest of all time playing the same position as Guarantano. They also have attractive co-eds. ALSO FLOOD SUCKS!!1!"

In my opinion if JG commits to RU it's a done deal. If he commits elsewhere he is a threat to flip with RU in the mix until LOI day. Word here in Columbus is that the OSU coaches feel they have a strong relationship with Garrett but they still might not end up being his first choice.

They have one of the highest ranking dual threat QBs from Texas visiting this weekend and he is saiid to have the Buckeyes as a favorite. If he commits on his visit that would take OSU out of the race for JG.

If the Buckeyes can't get him I hope you guys do.

Originally posted by klemman:
In my opinion if JG commits to RU it's a done deal. If he commits elsewhere he is a threat to flip with RU in the mix until LOI day. Word here in Columbus is that the OSU coaches feel they have a strong relationship with Garrett but they still might not end up being his first choice.

They have one of the highest ranking dual threat QBs from Texas visiting this weekend and he is saiid to have the Buckeyes as a favorite. If he commits on his visit that would take OSU out of the race for JG.

If the Buckeyes can't get him I hope you guys do.
Who is Garrett?

Would OSU take a commitment from the visitor this weekend or is his offer contingent on Guarantano going elsewhere?

M1stman - you are absolutely correct that I am critical of Flood - let's see - not a good recruiter and in three years has beaten about 2 P5 teams with winning records (just barely winning records). So tell me where my criticism of Flood is inappropriate? It all starts at the top and the program is going sideways at best and in each game vs a top team not only did we lose (that's not surprising at this point), but we were hopelessly blown out.

There is a lot of loser mentality in this thread. I'm not scared by OSU or UT, we have plenty to offer.

M1stman - you are absolutely correct that I am critical of Flood - let's see - not a good recruiter and in three years has beaten about 2 P5 teams with winning records (just barely winning records). So tell me where my criticism of Flood is inappropriate? It all starts at the top and the program is going sideways at best and in each game vs a top team not only did we lose (that's not surprising at this point), but we were hopelessly blown out.
I think you're missing Rokodesh's point.

Originally posted by ag67:
Ask yourself this.

Knowing the culture in college football game today, why is UT suddenly knocking the ball out of the park on the recruiting front?
Good question. UT has been pretty crappy for quite a while. Any answers?

They were a top recruiting team for many years under Fulmer (one year a number of years back they got 3 or 4 (some crazy number) of the top 12 running backs in that year's class)- great conference, great facilities, pretty girls, FB being King on campus, etc. Now they must have the right staff in place, I assume, to once again fully exploit the many football-related assets that they have.

Originally posted by jmc11201:
Who is Garrett?

Would OSU take a commitment from the visitor this weekend or is his offer contingent on Guarantano going elsewhere?
Lol. Garrett aka Jarrett is Guarantano when you are doing something else while you are posting on a message board. As my wife will attest, I have a focus problem.

as far as your question regarding Tristan Wallace, that's a good question. He's rated by Rivals as the 35th athlete in the country and by 24/7 as the 3rd ranked dual threat QB. I think if the OSU coaches felt better about Guarantano, then they might wait. But they have increased their efforts with Wallace the past month so They may take the sure thing if he commits, rather than the diminishing odds that Jarrett aka Garrett does.

NJ people use to be hard nose, take no crap from anyone, "you talking to me" attitude. Now a days we are a bunch of self hating," we are not worthy" apologists. We look to tear down anything that is successful in the state (sports teams, politicians, celebrity, city) and would rather be apologizing for something than take a stand. I am finding that this new generation of Rutgers fans are the same, loser mentality. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Rokodesh:

stfu

You Stfu

Wat da fark is Butch Jones selling? 12-13 and 5-11 in conference over 2 seasons? Signature wins against South Carolina and Iowa last year with other wins against Utah State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, Kentucky and Vanderbilt ( a slugfest)?

Originally posted by Knight Shift:
Wat da fark is Butch Jones selling? 12-13 and 5-11 in conference over 2 seasons? Signature wins against South Carolina and Iowa last year with other wins against Utah State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, Kentucky and Vanderbilt ( a slugfest)?
That's the crazy thing about recruiting. Some schools simply have a built in advantage whether it be stadium size, academics, campus, bag men etc etc..... As Cured said it is greatly believed by people in the know that he it Tennessee bound. In fact, he was UT bound before he gave that interview saying we lead. It's easy to blame Flood and he needs to win some of these battles going forward but if he ends up elsewhere I don't pin this on Flood's "mediocre" recruiting. From what I've heard there are many layers to this story.

If he commit to Tennessee, he's not very smart. I see they have 3 4 stars QB signed for 2015. The only reason he would go to UT Is he knows he can transfer to Rutgers when he fails. If Flood can not sell that then he doesn't have the skills to sell recruits.

He would have less than 25% chance of starting against the other 3 QB from 2015 since one of them will be already the starter being there one year ahead of him. Going to a team that went 5-7 in 2012 and 2013. In 2014, UT was 6-6 regular season and there only meaningful win in the SEC was against South Carolina who also went 6-6. UT is still the bottom of the SEC until proving otherwise.

This post was edited on 3/28 9:20 AM by rutgersdave

This post was edited on 3/28 9:30 AM by rutgersdave

Give JG credit for actually competing against the other committed qb's at tenn. He is not afraid to compete. Best of luck at tenn.

Originally posted by rutgersdave:
If he commit to Tennessee, he's not very smart. I see they have 3 4 stars QB signed for 2015. The only reason he would go to UT Is he knows he can transfer to Rutgers when he fails. If Flood can not sell that then he doesn't have the skills to sell recruits.

He would have less than 25% chance of starting against the other 3 QB from 2015 since one of them will be already the starter being there one year ahead of him. Going to a team that went 5-7 in 2012 and 2013. In 2014, UT was 6-6 regular season and there only meaningful win in the SEC was against South Carolina who also went 6-6. UT is still the bottom of the SEC until proving otherwise.

This post was edited on 3/28 9:20 AM by rutgersdave

This post was edited on 3/28 9:30 AM by rutgersdave
This post is silly. Top kids are going to go were they want regardless of competition. If they didn't the same five teams wouldn't always have the top classes. Hell, if he was afraid of competition he could have gone to the public school in his town.

Anybody wondering why somebody would go to Tennessee and how they can recruit has no idea about college football.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post is silly. Top kids are going to go were they want regardless of competition. If they didn't the same five teams wouldn't always have the top classes. Hell, if he was afraid of competition he could have gone to the public school in his town.

UT is the bottom of the SEC.

As mentioned, great players- or good players who believe in themselves, don't worry about competition. As to why someone may consider Tennessee even though their recent success has been limited?

Players aren't as concerned about what a program has done in the past as they are about what the program will do in the future. Their future.

The prospects who are considering Ohio State aren't as interested in the fact that the Buckeyes won the Championship last year, as they are in the potential for the team to win it again if and when they are there.

What greatness has Rutgers achieved the past two years? What he is selling is a $45 million training facility that opened in 2013. A chance to play in the best football conference in the country. A chance to play in front of 100k at home and play in some of the nations most historic college football venues. He is selling one of the most tradition rich programs in the country. He is selling the potential of the football program which has been underachieving the past few years.

I don't understand how / why people say stuff like this? Where do you have any evidence? In every interview the Dad has been a part of, he has NEVER made an indication either way. So for you to say "They want Tennessee and the SEC" is incredibly just silly.

Now if you have some SOURCES OR EXAMPLES where the family has said something then I apologize ahead of time because I am pretty on top of this kind of stuff for being just a regular fan and I have seen NOTHING said that would lead me to the conclusion you are stating.

It seems like you are just for whatever reason making a guess about where he is going while at the same time trying to make it seem like a fact. "A nearly 100% lock for Tennessee" are your own words...how are you coming to this conclusion? If you have inside info please share otherwise quit trying to state your guess/opinion as a fact.

Originally posted by RUbacker:
Give JG credit for actually competing against the other committed qb's at tenn. He is not afraid to compete. Best of luck at tenn.
I have been following your posts....you are a great RU fan....

Originally posted by PSU_Nut:
What greatness has Rutgers achieved the past two years? What he is selling is a $45 million training facility that opened in 2013. A chance to play in the best football conference in the country. A chance to play in front of 100k at home and play in some of the nations most historic college football venues. He is selling one of the most tradition rich programs in the country. He is selling the potential of the football program which has been underachieving the past few years.
Jones hasn't done sh!t on the field, and so he is selling potential? Tennessee is an odd choice among the three for JG. If he wants the SEC, why not make it 'Bama, Missouri, Georgia, or even the rising power Arkansas? I am not convinced he is a lock to Tennessee. He knows what he has at Rutgers. Legacy. A chance to put the state university of his home state on the map in its nascent years in the B1G.

Originally posted by PSU_Nut:

Jones hasn't done sh!t on the field, and so he is selling potential? Tennessee is an odd choice among the three for JG. If he wants the SEC, why not make it 'Bama, Missouri, Georgia, or even the rising power Arkansas? I am not convinced he is a lock to Tennessee. He knows what he has at Rutgers. Legacy. A chance to put the state university of his home state on the map in its nascent years in the B1G.
I sure he is talking the rebuilding potential angle from Kiffin/Dooley era. They are improving from the last two coaches.

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Ya know, I hope he does come here, but at this point I'm just sick of hearing about it.
I gotta admit that while I, also, would be absolutely ecstatic if JG commits here, I'm getting to the point where all the suspense and speculation about where he's going is approaching overkill.

I'm glad this particular "drama" will finally be over on 4/15...(well, over for a while, anyway, 'cause as we've all seen ad nauseam, there's not much really definite when it comes to verbal commits these days).

This post was edited on 3/28 7:07 PM by devoted2ru

Just do a quick scan of the kid's Twitter account and it's pretty obvious he's all Tenn. Oh well. I look forward to the day we're able to keep the best talent in state at home... And that day WILL eventually come.

Originally posted by kaji_siva:
Just do a quick scan of the kid's Twitter account and it's pretty obvious he's all Tenn. Oh well. I look forward to the day we're able to keep the best talent in state at home... And that day WILL eventually come.
Yea when Kyle a Flood no longer coaches at Rutgers. Why? Because he would have landed these recruits by year 4

Originally posted by RUchip:
Yea when Kyle a Flood no longer coaches at Rutgers. Why? Because he would have landed these recruits by year 4
This isn't a reasonable statement. We're "in the mix" for guys who are, one way or another, going to major programs. We're recruiting against the best. Winning the recruiting battles on this level is not a trifle.

Except for todays tweet! Im not gonna get sucked in but its so hard not to based on todays tweet....

Originally posted by StyleKnight:
There is a lot of loser mentality in this thread. I'm not scared by OSU or UT, we have plenty to offer.
This. Looks like at least one poster is lying in wait with his pitchfork and torch ready to riot at the first hint of something not going our way to start bashing the head coach.

This entire thread is absolutely pathetic. I would be ecstatic if we get Guarantano or Haskins, but everyone here needs to pop a xanax or something. Nothing is set in stone yet, so let's just wait and see. OK? For now, stop "quick scanning" some 17 year old's twitter account.

As much as he has enjoyed the attention...I am betting that once he commits- it is done. he then moves on to getting ready to play his Sr. season.
And I cant believe that ANYONE asks why he is announcing so early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT