ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Guarantano Announcing April 15th

JG has given us a very long look so at least he has been fair to us. No shame if we lose to tenn or OSU but one day we will win these battles.

Why do these NJ recruits that plan to commit to out of state schools even make an announcement since the only fans that really care are Rutgers fans? Other fans don't get very excited. You think every time that Tenn got a 4 star QB recruit last year which was three times that the fans even knew about it? I think it is more respectful when they quietly make their decisions if they go out of state.

Originally posted by RU#1fan:
Originally posted by RutgersROB:
Personally i wanted Haskins

Posted from Rivals Mobile
What ? The impact of a commitment of Jarrett on the New Jesey 2016 Recruiting Class going to RU would be huge .
Why?

Look, I dig the whole "RUDreamTeam" thing as much as the next guy, but history shows us - with nearly 100% certainty - that these top kids are going to go where they want to go, come NSD. Every year there's a bunch of them, not just here in NJ but elsewhere, who talk about doing some kind of group commit, but it never actually happens.

It's a personal choice. If RU is right, they'll come.

Just my gut feeling but I believe that the Buckeye staff is really zeroed in on 2016 Texas QB T. Wallace. If they get a commitment from him in the next week or so, I believe their QB recruiting is done for the year. There's an awful lot of chatter about him right now on the Buckeye boards. Just don't see them taking 2 QBs with the depth already in place. Just my guess. So in reality, I believe it comes down to Tenn. vs. Rutgers. I'm really hoping you guys win out in the long run and keep this kid home. The BIG needs every top recruit it can get.

Fair is a term used and reserved for losers...I want us to WIN these battles in recruiting...

My favorite post......so he is ether going to commit to rutgers....or he won't.........hmmm sound logic.

Originally posted by RU old timer:
Hmmmmm...let's see...game day in Piscataway vs game day in Knoxville....
Game day experience is way over rated, IMHO. It's 24 days in a four year college career... and as a QB you might not even play all four years.

There's much more to a college choice like academics, location, legacy.

I love the people who go "I love the RU Dream Team idea, but based on history this is very unlikely since we have never done it before."
People like this miss very important CHANGES that have occurred in the 5 years that have made RU MUCH MORE attractive to recruits to the point where comparing recruiting chances today to recruiting chances 15 or 20 years ago almost irrelevant.
1. We are now in the BIG10 one of the best conferences in the world and also the conference of the National Champions, 2 New Years Day bowls (Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl Champions and Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl).
2. We have been to 9 bowls in the past 10 years.
3. We now have a strong tradition of sending players to the NFL. In the past if you thought you had NFL-level talent you may not have thought to attend Rutgers. But in the past 10 and especially 5 years Rutgers has created many SUCCESSFUL NFL alumni from it's program. This is a big deal because the best talent in NJ now know that they can come to Rutgers and they will be put in a position to not only make it to the NFL, but to SUCCEED.
4. The stadium was expanded and while not huge like other stadiums in the conference, it sure does become ELECTRIC.
5. Flood now has been at the helm for enough years to establish a REPUTATION as an HONEST and STRAIGHT-FORWARD recruiter and coach. Players, parents, and coaches alike ALL RAVE about this fact because at the end of the day there are too many ways you can get screwed in this college football world so it is nice to know you are dealing with someone with a backbone in Coach Flood.

These are just off the top of my head, but I was just trying to point out that this isn't your mommy and your daddy's Rutgers. The academics are even better than the already high standards of the past and the athletics are light years ahead of where they have been in the past. Championships are now what the players and fans alike are clamoring for!!!

None of which changes the fact that recruits don't commit in blocks of 3, 4 or 5. They make individual decisions, come signing day.

My hope is that on April 16th we are not in flames.....
sick.r191677.gif

Originally posted by RU#1fan:

Originally posted by RutgersROB:
Personally i wanted Haskins

Posted from Rivals Mobile
What ? The impact of a commitment of Jarrett on the New Jesey 2016 Recruiting Class going to RU would be huge .
Haskins is the better QB. He's visiting again in April. I'd love this kid to sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT