ADVERTISEMENT

Just Made My Required Donation For Men's Basketball Tickets (Renewal)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
I'm still on the bandwagon and looking forward to next season. Gotta believe!

(As an aside, if you make your basketball donation by the end of either February or April, the donation counts towards football parking pass priority points.)

It gets harder and harder to write that check every year. Given I sent an email to Julie with no response- I am a little agitated at the moment.

How much are the donations these days? The Athletic department should bronze your seats and write you a hand written thank you note for your loyalty

Good on you,Don.

As long as the full team stays, Rutgers can win 10+ games next season. If they can't, it's not on the players. There is a decent level of talent on the team next year.

I think if you Google crisis help line you can find a number to talk to a mental health professional that might be able to help you.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Gotta believe?

I have some swamp land I would like to sell you.

This program is a sad state of affairs and the powers that be plainly don't care.
Myles Mack dedicated his college career, never sniffed post season play, and will most likely finish with a 16 game
losing streak. That's sad.
Buying season tickets is like buying a car. The minute you purchase, it is worth less.
In addition a donation is required for the right to make this purchase!
Conversely, you can go to any game at a discount without making a donation.
Season ticket holders have supported this program for years and what have they received in return?
I have time to decide if I want to renew.
Sadly, most of my Rutgers friends who I have enjoyed going to the games with have bailed.
I am talking diehard fans who have had tickets for more than twenty years.
I have always said that the minute I give up my seats will be the season they turn it around.
But the powers that be tell us nothing is happening for at least 5 years.
I am trying hard to rationalize why I should continue spending hard earned money for all this frustration.
Rutgers is doing nothing to make my decision easier.

Originally posted by RUfan1979:

Gotta believe?

I have some swamp land I would like to sell you.

This program is a sad state of affairs and the powers that be plainly don't care.
Myles Mack dedicated his college career, never sniffed post season play, and will most likely finish with a 16 game
losing streak. That's sad.
Buying season tickets is like buying a car. The minute you purchase, it is worth less.
In addition a donation is required for the right to make this purchase!
Conversely, you can go to any game at a discount without making a donation.
Season ticket holders have supported this program for years and what have they received in return?
I have time to decide if I want to renew.
Sadly, most of my Rutgers friends who I have enjoyed going to the games with have bailed.
I am talking diehard fans who have had tickets for more than twenty years.
I have always said that the minute I give up my seats will be the season they turn it around.
But the powers that be tell us nothing is happening for at least 5 years.
I am trying hard to rationalize why I should continue spending hard earned money for all this frustration.
Rutgers is doing nothing to make my decision easier.
I have a feeing your swamp land is in a very nice location. :-)

As for the rest of your post, it's hard to argue with the sentiments you have, but I like going to the games even when we're not doing well. As to the turnaround occurring just when you bail, that is guaranteed, but I hope it's not you who bails but someone else for whom this immutable law also applies. One of the dynamics that occurs in times like these is that older folks tire of the results because we've suffered longer, and younger folks are able to move into the seats closer to the floor. A lot of change is going to happen in five years, the question will be is if we are going to pleasantly surprised with, say, a winning season along the way. Time will tell.

Originally posted by Section114:
It gets harder and harder to write that check every year. Given I sent an email to Julie with no response- I am a little agitated at the moment.
She has a lot on her plate right now (as always), and no doubt has been inundated with emails. Give her some time--she's always gotten back to me, even if it took a week, which is even more impressive because she made a point of being organized enough to keep track of emails she has to respond to. She is understaffed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT