ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Hill

Thanks, wish Kate well.
Don't know why she's leaving, but hope it works out well for Hill and Rutgers
Kate was not going to play much again this year, she is competing against KK Sanders, Zippy Broughton and the transfer from Rhode Island who averaged 18 points a game. If she wanted to play more, she made the right decision to transfer. I am sure she can play at another division 1 school, she does have some skill

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Kate was not going to play much again this year, she is competing against KK Sanders, Zippy Broughton and the transfer from Rhode Island who averaged 18 points a game. If she wanted to play more, she made the right decision to transfer. I am sure she can play at another division 1 school, she does have some skill
Not a cvs type player,

Not a cvs type player,
I don't think it has nothing to do with her not being a "CVS type" of player, she had people in front of her that are better. I actually like Kate, she showed flashes of potential and if she didn't want to fight for playing time, she did the right thing.

But whatever reason she left, I wish her the best and I am sure she will do well.

Thank you.
I speculated ( to myself) it might be playing time the reason, but since I wasn't sure didn't want to post something that might start a rumor.
Vivian has some talent n the roster that might
have had Kate wonder about how much playing time she'd be getting and decided to look for a program that fits her desire to be on the floor more than she feels she'll get at Rutgers.
I'm sure she talked to CVS and received an honest assessment and the best advice Vivian could give her.
That type of coach player interaction is probably why so many of Stringer's ex-players show the respect and love they have for CVS every time Vivian's name comes up in interviews about their college days.

Wish both them the best. I was hoping Kate could supply some outside scoring off the bench. Which we do need.

you know that i'm right, just look at cvs's past history, she rarely recruits a kate hill type of player, why? maybe since you are so connected you should ask her why, most know why.

you know that i'm right, just look at cvs's past history, she rarely recruits a kate hill type of player, why? maybe since you are so connected you should ask her why, most know why.
I don't get what you are trying to imply about CVS. Most coaches who have a system don't recruit or do recruit certain types of players based on their skill set, physical attributes or style of game they have. Nothing wrong with that, you want players that fit in what you are trying to do or accomplish.

Geno (and other coaches) only recruits certain types of players based on the above i mentioned, and obviously it works for him.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
I don't get what you are trying to imply about CVS. Most coaches who have a system don't recruit or do recruit certain types of players based on their skill set, physical attributes or style of game they have. Nothing wrong with that, you want players that fit in what you are trying to do or accomplish.

Geno (and other coaches) only recruits certain types of players based on the above i mentioned, and obviously it works for him.

Drayon, welcome to this board, your posts have been a breath of fresh air, and very on target! Don't mind Waretown or whatever other names he has posted under. He detests CVS for one obvious reason. As you see there was no reply to my Desiree Keeling comment, take it from there.

Drayon, welcome to this board, your posts have been a breath of fresh air, and very on target! Don't mind Waretown or whatever other names he has posted under. He detests CVS for one obvious reason. As you see there was no reply to my Desiree Keeling comment, take it from there.
wrong k80, you know im right you just cant bring yourself to admit it. look at all the great teams in the last couple of years and tell me what this program is missing? not a hard question to answer

wrong k80, you know im right you just cant bring yourself to admit it. look at all the great teams in the last couple of years and tell me what this program is missing? not a hard question to answer
I really have no idea what you are talking about, either.

What the team hasn't particularly had is a drop dead 3 point shooter, but I don't think CVS doesn't want one. I think they are just scarce with the other attributes that CVS wants in her players - particularly the athleticism that marks her teams. Not that there aren't any - just it isn't a very deep pool. If I am remembering correctly, we had a player Brittany Ray that could, at least at times, fill that role.

Digging down even deeper, she also hasn't really had (as far as I could see with limited games) a really effective (non-star) position player that just knows where to be and where everyone else should be. The position that coach's daughters shine at, one of Heather Zurich's strengths on the Final Four team. I never understood all the complaints (and there were complaints) about Heather - she was inevitably in position and sometime directing other players into position. There were games I saw over the last few years that could have used that.

As Drayton said, coaches inevitably recruit the players that will fit into their system, which they might tweak a little to accommodate a rare talent. But in the end, the prototypical CVS player is going to be athletic and capable of contributing to her defensive schemes. If you think about the beat-down RU put on Auburn in the NCAA's years ago, you might have seen the prototypical CVS game objective - constant forced turnovers and scoring on fast breaks.

Reactions: JetFire JP
I really have no idea what you are talking about, either.

What the team hasn't particularly had is a drop dead 3 point shooter, but I don't think CVS doesn't want one. I think they are just scarce with the other attributes that CVS wants in her players - particularly the athleticism that marks her teams. Not that there aren't any - just it isn't a very deep pool. If I am remembering correctly, we had a player Brittany Ray that could, at least at times, fill that role.

Digging down even deeper, she also hasn't really had (as far as I could see with limited games) a really effective (non-star) position player that just knows where to be and where everyone else should be. The position that coach's daughters shine at, one of Heather Zurich's strengths on the Final Four team. I never understood all the complaints (and there were complaints) about Heather - she was inevitably in position and sometime directing other players into position. There were games I saw over the last few years that could have used that.

As Drayton said, coaches inevitably recruit the players that will fit into their system, which they might tweak a little to accommodate a rare talent. But in the end, the prototypical CVS player is going to be athletic and capable of contributing to her defensive schemes. If you think about the beat-down RU put on Auburn in the NCAA's years ago, you might have seen the prototypical CVS game objective - constant forced turnovers and scoring on fast breaks.
just think with an open mind for a minute what does this team lacking that other top teams have, it seems recruiting here has not changed with the times. same old same old

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT