ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NJ HS Football Season…

I have a 16 year old that would have started kindergarten at 4 yrs old.
We held him back. Instead of the youngest he's now one of the oldest. Maturity wise was the best thing to do.

What your speaking of is much different than trying to keep your child back or repeat a grade level for Football as this family did. #1 it gives him an advantage at his "grade level" 6th grade.
Wonder what the negatives are if any?

• Love
Reactions: Ray6232010
HS!?
How bout 6th 7th and 8th graders.
One family I know of tried to have their child left back and were denied. they pulled him to Home teach.
The parents are living their own dreams...
One thing through the years you can see a kid here or there that is just above everyone else. Like Tommy Vigorito, he was on my brothers PAL team through the years, it was just plain to see.
His father played with Shula on the NY Titans.
When TV blew his knee out Shula saw to it to get him his 5 years for pension.
As a side note, I was coaching Wayne Juniors baseball in the late 70s. Tommy was signed up for my Team but he decided he was not going to play Juniors that year.

Also saw recently that Donovan has a new OC in place. Any insight on him?
I did not see anything about a new OC , however since its not the old OC (Chip LaBarca, Jr) the program will be hurt on several levels. It is already happening.

Matawan’s youth travel program has 11 kids going to BC in the Fall. They had a good run to AYF nationals at the D1 level not so long ago. BC is definitely doing a great job recruiting.
Wow matawan to oradell every day ?

Wow matawan to oradell every day
Matawan’s youth program was at the D-1 level (like Brick City, Silk City and Dark Knights) so they can recruit kids from anywhere and not just from their town. Son spent a spring season there and traveling from Robbinsville. Coaching was good, but we decided to move him to a program in Philly to get experience against tougher teams down there and the DMV.

There was a kid that was training with the same D Line coach my son is going to. He plays for Bergen Catholic and it sounded like he was living way down the Jersey Shore.

I did not see anything about a new OC , however since its not the old OC (Chip LaBarca, Jr) the program will be hurt on several levels. It is already happening.
Jack Nascimento is the new OC. One of the coaches who has been in touch with my son also left Donovan this week.

Jack Nascimento is the new OC. One of the coaches who has been in touch with my son also left Donovan this week.
Jeez… what’s going on down there with Donovan?

They were one of the better programs, if not one of the best, down the shore.

I have a 16 year old that would have started kindergarten at 4 yrs old.
We held him back. Instead of the youngest he's now one of the oldest. Maturity wise was the best thing to do.

What your speaking of is much different than trying to keep your child back or repeat a grade level for Football as this family did. #1 it gives him an advantage at his "grade level" 6th grade.
Wonder what the negatives are if any?
I wish I would have done that. It makes a big difference. My daughter has teammates that have their driver's license before her but she's a Sr.and they're Jr's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT