ADVERTISEMENT

Kid from Senegal and more

If he’s Class of 2023 then they would potentially play together.
Wonder how that impacts his decision.

Clif leaving isn’t anywhere close to a lock like many saying.
That would be nice. Just saying, either way it has to help us having Cliff here to help recruit him

So by the same logic, Rutgers is supposed to stop accepting not only international students altogether but also all out of state applications. Only admit NJ kids since it's a state university

This is an all time terrible take
Nope didn’t say that . Read the university’s mission , does big time college sports fit into it ? I would say no and school sports was never intended to recruit kids from Africa to New Jersey for a sport.
But the reality is it’s this way . We signed up for it . So I am Ok with getting kids from anywhere with any educational background as long as it helps us win games . I am sure everyone here feels this way . Just telling it the way it is.

Nope didn’t say that . Read the university’s mission , does big time college sports fit into it ? I would say no and school sports was never intended to recruit kids from Africa to New Jersey for a sport.
But the reality is it’s this way . We signed up for it . So I am Ok with getting kids from anywhere with any educational background as long as it helps us win games . I am sure everyone here feels this way . Just telling it the way it is.
You're literally arguing with yourself. Unless your first post was in jest. Either way, thanks for hijacking the thread.

You're literally arguing with yourself. Unless your first post was in jest. Either way, thanks for hijacking the thread.
The first post was in jest !! Jeez !
i don’t think school sports should be this way …I am sure most people don’t . But we want to win and if the kid will help us win - you get him ! If that’s Senegal so be it

That would be nice. Just saying, either way it has to help us having Cliff here to help recruit him
I'm sure it helps.. Rueben's four other finalists all have at least some type of African connection also.. Florida has a Nigerian center, Tennessee and Santa Clara each have one or two players whose parents are Nigerian, and Washington State has multiple players from Senegal... Hopefully Cliff's progress and accomplishments here, along with his personality, can help RU seal the deal.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I'm sure it helps.. Rueben's four other finalists all have at least some type of African connection also.. Florida has a Nigerian center, Tennessee and Santa Clara each have one or two players whose parents are Nigerian, and Washington State has multiple players from Senegal... Hopefully Cliff's progress and accomplishments here, along with his personality, can help RU seal the deal.
I believe Issa Thiam was also from Senegal .

This would be a good get it seems !
The Florida write up on him makes it sound like he would really be good

Fingers crossed

Maybe missing out on some other bigs was better for RU IF, if we get him

Drinkin' too much of this stuff...

Plum-Sour-Can.png

well, according to the university’s mission statement it should be a real take and taken seriously. This is the first part of the three-pronged mission statement:

As one of the leading comprehensive public research universities in the nation, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has the threefold mission of

• providing for the instructional needs of New Jersey’s residents through its undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs;
I think we do that just fine through the Honors College. BTW, I know you're just busting balls.

Well, Peter kiss is from the US.
Yes, so is Ron Harper.

Ron is better.

Great convo...
Understood, but not exactly the same, since Senegal was initially mentioned because we're trying to recruit a Nigerian player who currently lives and trains in Senegal, and when one of his final schools (WSU) currently has two 7 footers from Senegal and a guard who went to school in Senegal, and Washington State's history of success with international players and current roster of multiple international players is one reason why Rueben is interested in the school, per his comments. I mentioned N'Diaye in response to the mention of Thiam because I wanted to mention a possibly more appreciated contributor to our team who was also from Senegal.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
He is only smiling in the Santa Clara uniform! What does that mean?

😉
I thought it was a Rider uniform, didn't realize Santa Clara is the Broncos...so, I looked at the Rider website and it looks like they now call themselves the "Broncs", was it always that way? did they lose an O somewhere? are they trying to appeal to recruits from a certain Borough in the City?

Understood, but not exactly the same, since Senegal was initially mentioned because we're trying to recruit a Nigerian player who currently lives and trains in Senegal, and when one of his final schools (WSU) currently has two 7 footers from Senegal and a guard who went to school in Senegal, and Washington State's history of success with international players and current roster of multiple international players is one reason why Rueben is interested in the school, per his comments. I mentioned N'Diaye in response to the mention of Thiam because I wanted to mention a possibly more appreciated contributor to our team who was also from Senegal.
N’Diaye was better but Thiam played on much better teams here . You’re not giving thiam credit for that

N’Diaye was better but Thiam played on much better teams here . You’re not giving thiam credit for that
I believe I just said that N'Diaye was "possibly more appreciated"... The reason why Thiam might not be appreciated as much probably has more to do with the circumstances of his dismissal rather than his play. But N'Diaye was also the Big East Defensive Player of the Year... That alone deserves props.

And now Loyal can complain again... 😉

I believe I just said that N'Diaye was "possibly more appreciated"... The reason why Thiam might not be appreciated as much probably has more to do with the circumstances of his dismissal rather than his play. But N'Diaye was also the Big East Defensive Player of the Year... That alone deserves props.

And now Loyal can complain again... 😉
That’s an interesting response . No one said N’Diaye wasn’t appreciated or under appreciated . Thiam was a more recent player and played for the current coaching staff .

That’s an interesting response . No one said N’Diaye wasn’t appreciated or under appreciated . Thiam was a more recent player and played for the current coaching staff .
Maybe I didn't understand the gist of your previous reply (that stated that I wasn't giving Thiam credit for playing on better teams) after I mentioned that N'Diaye may possibly be a more appreciated contributor.... Regardless, lets just say that both players were from Senegal, which is why we mentioned them, and both players made significant contributions to their respective RU teams. Peace out. ☺️

No I am showing you how stupid and out of place the whole system of big time sports at schools is.
It has been this way for a very long time

Seton Hall brought in Australian Andrew Gaze in 1988, a one year player as it turned out, and just missed winning the national championship with him as a vital piece

And then he was gone

Here we have a high school student who can be here multiple years and get a degree normal style
No shame in that, imo

If we only took NJ kids we wouldn’t have had the two highest scoring players ever at RU (men & women) - Phil Sellers and Sue Wicks. Both from NY, also knock out James Bailey from MA.

Reactions: wheezer
No I am showing you how stupid and out of place the whole system of big time sports at schools is.

You're arguing that big time sports is stupid and out of place at universities in the same thread that you are saying you love it that Rutgers is all on on big time sports win at all costs. I agree with the poster who said you are trolling yourself.

You're arguing that big time sports is stupid and out of place at universities in the same thread that you are saying you love it that Rutgers is all on on big time sports win at all costs. I agree with the poster who said you are trolling yourself.
Big time sports is bad and dirty .
But if we are gonna be in this dirty business I am glad we are in it to win it . There is no middle ground and stinking does us no good . So get players from Africa or attica as long as they can play and help us win. Pay to play etc . Whatever it takes. I am glad everyone here feels same way.

Masturtroltion?

Reactions: RUInsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT