RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
DigyGs4XkAEKtyS.jpg

Hester’s back. That is his back, but it is being confirmed on twitter

Last edited:
Kiy Hester back on Rutgers football team, will not play at FIU

Hester committed to join Florida International as a graduate transfer player in May, but he remained enrolled at classes in Rutgers, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Hester has not yet completed his degree, and a graduate transfer must graduate before joining a new program. So Hester was never tied to FIU, making his return to the fold at Rutgers possible.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...r_back_on_rutgers_football_team_will_not.html

Reactions: drewbagel423
The stats say 2 but he really had 3 touchdowns last year on pick-6s (Nebraska, Maryland, Morgan St). Keep it coming KH !!

Kiy Hester back on Rutgers football team, will not play at FIU

Hester committed to join Florida International as a graduate transfer player in May, but he remained enrolled at classes in Rutgers, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Hester has not yet completed his degree, and a graduate transfer must graduate before joining a new program. So Hester was never tied to FIU, making his return to the fold at Rutgers possible.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...r_back_on_rutgers_football_team_will_not.html
You merged the wrong thread. Why does your thread get top billing? 0 stars.

Technically he never left, just announced he was leaving?
No he left. "I've been here four years, but I'm moving on to the next part of my life," Hester told NJ Advance Media. "Rutgers has been good to me. It's time to move on to the next chapter. I appreciate everything from Coach (Chris) Ash and the staff. I'm looking at every opportunity I can."
Turns out no one wanted him.

No he left. "I've been here four years, but I'm moving on to the next part of my life," Hester told NJ Advance Media. "Rutgers has been good to me. It's time to move on to the next chapter. I appreciate everything from Coach (Chris) Ash and the staff. I'm looking at every opportunity I can."

That is a statement, he is still enrolled and still on scholarship, assume he did not pay his way through the sumer, he is just back for his 4th year.

I could say i am moving to the riviera, it doesnt mean i have moved.

That is a statement, he is still enrolled and still on scholarship, assume he did not pay his way through the sumer, he is just back for his 4th year.

I could say i am moving to the riviera, it doesnt mean i have moved.
No not on scholarship with that annoucement. Back on because two opened up and maybe another 6. He found out the grass isnt greener on the other side. Didn't want to be here but got no better offers.

You are wrong. And I state this with 100% confidence.

Im not 100% about wrong about the scholarship. He signed papers to leave and opened up a spot.
He signed nothing but was obviously no longer with the team. He will count towards next years 25

He signed nothing but was obviously no longer with the team. He will count towards next years 25
Yes next years 25 after late last week. He was not on scholarship since the end if the spring semester. He was given back a scholarship last Thursday

Yes next years 25 after late last week. He was not on scholarship since the end if the spring semester. He was given back a scholarship last Thursday
What exactly are you arguing? You said he had no options. You are wrong.

Im saying he had no better offers and was not on scholarship this summer. Both facts.
Not even remotely true. You have my email. Feel free to reach out and I’ll be glad to tell you who he had offers from, what his camp told him, and why he decided what he did.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Im saying he had no better offers and was not on scholarship this summer. Both facts.

You originally said he left...

Youve changed what you are saying...ok maybe he was off scholarship..
he left the program, he didnt leave rutgers.. correct?

No I haven't changed what I have been saying. Rutix said he never left the program. He did officially leave at the end of the spring semester. He was no longer a scholarship player than. His spot became open. He wasn't officially on the roster at that point.

No. I’m not a social media guy but he’s RU through and through.

No I haven't changed what I have been saying. Rutix said he never left the program. He did officially leave at the end of the spring semester. He was no longer a scholarship player than. His spot became open. He wasn't officially on the roster at that point.

Ummwhere did i say program.....

Technically he never left, just announced he was leaving?

Not even remotely true. You have my email. Feel free to reach out and I’ll be glad to tell you who he had offers from, what his camp told him, and why he decided what he did.
He had no offer for a scholarship at any P5 school guarenteed. Was invited to summer camp at at least 2 schools (maybe more) and if he made the team would have been given one. Lesser schools were more eager.

He had no offer for a scholarship at any P5 school guarenteed. Was invited to summer camp at at least 2 schools (maybe more) and if he made the team would have been given one. Lesser schools were more eager.
False. He had offers from 2 and more likely 3 ACC schools. Plus other opportunities he didn’t explore. It’s a complex situation. Where will you play, where are you needed, depth? Also, his only chance of playing in NFL is at LB. smaller schools were offering him the chance to get film at LB. others purely safety.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Can't say if he was on scholarship or not, but I would guess he was attending summer school on a scholarship and not paying for it himself.
But in any case, glad he's on the team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT