ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord enters portal

And it is entirely possible Rutgers is not in the mix because we wouldn’t commit to making him the starter…
nope, not even remotely close to accurate

if he wanted to be here, there is no way Greg doesn't hand him the ropes. He'd be the best qb we've had since mcmahon. he's not coming, not even talent on the offense to showcase his abilities

Anyone else think McCord isn't that good? He was surrounded by elite talent. He's maybe an above average QB IMO. I seriously think if you put Kurt Warners son at QB in that system they beat Michigan.
urban meyer would disagree. his interview he's shocked he's leaving and not sure what is happening at osu to lead to this.

urban meyer would disagree. his interview he's shocked he's leaving and not sure what is happening at osu to lead to this.
Because they're used to Heisman level QBs, which McCord is not, and they think they can get one in the portal. And they probably can and will.

Because they're used to Heisman level QBs, which McCord is not, and they think they can get one in the portal. And they probably can and will.
That's not why at all. Of course you know more than urban though

We are not involved with any difference makers in the portal. This is because we have no money to get any of them. Whatever we have is being used to keep our own players here.

That's not why at all. Of course you know more than urban though
I'm pretty sure the last 3-4 starters before McCord at Ohio State have been invited to the Heisman ceremony. They're used to that. McCord while maybe above average is not at that level and it's comical that he and his father think he deserves that type of compensation in NIL.

Having little to no nil, which we've already proven is not factually correct, is not the issue. there are lots of things you could sell to a recruit on rutgers

Reactions: rubigtimenow
At this rate, he should just go back to Ohio State, and fight, because any place he goes is going to be a significant step down.

McCord might be heading to Syracuse..
OMG . Fran Brown is killing it.
2nd Year and we still are looking for a Portal QB. Or are we?

McCord might be heading to Syracuse..
OMG . Fran Brown is killing it.
2nd Year and we still are looking for a Portal QB. Or are we?
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
He didn’t want to go to a lesser BIG team so he’s going to a lesser ACC team.
Lol - The ACC, a conference deemed irrelevant by the college football playoff committee. The Triple A league of the so called power 5 where your undefeated conference champion doesn’t get to play with the big boys for the ultimate championship.

Reactions: Ash_Hole
I don't think we are looking for a QB. We have our #1 and #2 guy. Wimsatt and Sheppard.

BS. We are looking for a QB. Honestly, maybe our staff just thinks McCord is overpriced for what he would bring to the table. There’s definitely risk there. With taking a step down, McCord will have less OL protection AND less talented receivers to throw to. The question is - how will he respond.

BS. We are looking for a QB. Honestly, maybe our staff just thinks McCord is overpriced for what he would bring to the table. There’s definitely risk there. With taking a step down, McCord will have less OL protection AND less talented receivers to throw to. The question is - how will he respond.
we’ll see. i wonder what the excuses will be if we do not bring in anyone: not enough NIL, not a fit, Sheppard better than everyone in the portal.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
actually what his dad said was that were was a big disparity between OSU and Rutgers programs. He's not wrong and people are way too sensitive here. There isn't a single person on this board who would send their top rated qb son to Rutgers over starting at OSU

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
we’ll see. i wonder what the excuses will be if we do not bring in anyone: not enough NIL, not a fit, Sheppard better than everyone in the portal.
You can wonder all you want. We will add at least one QB from the portal.

actually what his dad said was that were was a big disparity between OSU and Rutgers programs. He's not wrong and people are way too sensitive here. There isn't a single person on this board who would send their top rated qb son to Rutgers over starting at OSU
Actually, nobody here would send their QB son to RU instead of anywhere else. Defense, yes. RB, yes. OL, yes. QB, no. Passing talent isn't valued.

Was that recent or during recruitment? Assume when he was in HS.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Was that recent or during recruitment? Assume when he was in HS.
correct but it still holds true regardless. we are not OSU, don't have their facilities, resources, coaching, talent. He's not wrong in that the disparity between the two is large.....unfortunately

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
You don’t send them to Syracuse in that case either. And you would send them to RU over Syracuse given conference and other aspects as well.

You don’t send them to Syracuse in that case either. And you would send them to RU over Syracuse given conference and other aspects as well.
you sensitivities are getting in the way of rational thought

offensive player to sarah makes more sense.

you sensitivities are getting in the way of rational thought

offensive player to sarah makes more sense.
It’s not sensitivity, it’s rationale decisions based upon current info. Brand new coach with no history as a head coach at a lesser conference and comparable strength football program. Oh and your dad played at RU.

It’s not sensitivity, it’s rationale decisions based upon current info. Brand new coach with no history as a head coach at a lesser conference and comparable strength football program. Oh and your dad played at RU.
no, it's about using a QB to throw the ball and not as RB2.

"May be"

I saw that last night. There's now a number of reports from other sites saying it based on that article. It sounded more like a wish than anything real.

You can never say never but...................
Brown trying to make a splash transfer to SU. It will create a big buzz for them/Brown if they land him. I think they go all out for him.

Mike Teel did plenty well under Schiano, and got drafted into NFL

YEARCMPATTYDSCMP%YPALNGTDINTSACKRAT
2005​
51​
101​
683​
50.5​
6.76​
38​
2​
10​
6​
94.03​
2006​
164​
296​
2135​
55.4​
7.21​
72​
12​
13​
7​
120.59​
2007​
203​
349​
3147​
58.2​
9.02​
69​
20​
13​
7​
145.37​
2008​
243​
396​
3418​
61.6​
8.63​
93​
25​
13​
16​
148.13​

Then, you have Tom Savage who went 9-4 as a Freshman at Rutgers and was named to All-American Freshman team. After an injury during sophomore year, he was sidelined and ended up transferring afterwards.

Tom has later said he regretted leaving Rutgers, and greatly admired Schiano. Savage started in the NFL

Reactions: pmvon

2005​
51​
101​
683​
50.5​
6.76​
38​
2​
10​
6​
94.03​
2006​
164​
296​
2135​
55.4​
7.21​
72​
12​
13​
7​
120.59​
2007​
203​
349​
3147​
58.2​
9.02​
69​
20​
13​
7​
145.37​
2008​
243​
396​
3418​
61.6​
8.63​
93​
25​
13​
16​
148.13​

Then, you have Tom Savage who went 9-4 as a Freshman at Rutgers and was named to All-American Freshman team. After an injury during sophomore year, he was sidelined and ended up transferring afterwards.

Tom has later said he regretted leaving Rutgers, and greatly admired Schiano. Savage started in the NFL
Schiano wants to throw. Knows you need a balance especially against BIG defenses. He just wants completions and doesn’t want interceptions. It’s not that controversial

Reactions: TRU2RU and PaKnight
Schiano wants to throw. Knows you need a balance especially against BIG defenses. He just wants completions and doesn’t want interceptions. It’s not that controversial
Correct. Greg is a numbers guy. If he feels he doesnt have the personnel to be aggressive with the pass, he will run, run, run because he can control the game. If he has the personnel to pass he will aggressively push the ball down field. He has proven it. Getting the personnel is the issue. Some teams decide to be aggressive without having the players. Those teams aren’t good for long stretches. Winning is all that matters. Turnover are the main thing he cares about. Don’t do it on offense and create them on defense. So it appears that he is very conservative but when he get the right guys, that’s going to be fun.

2005​
51​
101​
683​
50.5​
6.76​
38​
2​
10​
6​
94.03​
2006​
164​
296​
2135​
55.4​
7.21​
72​
12​
13​
7​
120.59​
2007​
203​
349​
3147​
58.2​
9.02​
69​
20​
13​
7​
145.37​
2008​
243​
396​
3418​
61.6​
8.63​
93​
25​
13​
16​
148.13​

Wasnt Teel an UDFA?

Reactions: RUGiddy777
This is more in line then what the idiots are yelling in regard to NIL. I give you and many others great credit for the work you do and the money and effort you guys put not only into NIL but through support and all the other normal donations.

For someone like me- yes, I have a problem with fans being required to pay players for NIL. If I had a local business and their NIL could benefit my business- hell yes, I would be all over it.
The family and I have given a lot to Rutgers football over the years and I enjoy being a fan even though I currently have no ties to Rutgers at all. And to be honest- If I just happened to walk away from it, Rutgers wouldn't miss me and after a few games, I would find myself doing other fun things on Saturdays.

For now- still a fan and still enjoy talking football and Rutgers. But the holier than thou group telling us we have no right to an opinion(and it is funny- the fans like yourself, who really have given the most- don't act this way) - well, the others are just going to piss off everyone else so much that they will walk away too.

As much as I enjoy football and basketball, the vast majority of my donations go towards helping regular students afford school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT