ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord enters portal

tenor.gif

Ryan Day needed a fall guy for losing to Meatchicken.

Schiano should be fired immediately if he doesn't at least kick the tires there. (And I consider myself a Schiano supporter.)

Frankly, I see this as a rather bizarre development. A rather successful season by all accounts and he's transferring now? Even if the story is true (that he wants to be guaranteed the position and not have to compete for it), that USED TO BE the kind of the thing you'd hear about in the Spring, then play out in Summer, THEN you'd hear of the dissatisfaction by players as the next-in-line starts over you come the beginning of the following season.

Part of the problem with the transfer portal is that it's sped up that process. If a player does not receive satisfaction, they transfer immediately so as to not miss out on opportunities elsewhere (regardless of whether or not it's NIL $-related). You come to find out, after they do transfer, that they experience the same problems at their next stop.

Frankly, I see this as a rather bizarre development. A rather successful season by all accounts and he's transferring now? Even if the story is true (that he wants to be guaranteed the position and not have to compete for it), that USED TO BE the kind of the thing you'd hear about in the Spring, then play out in Summer, THEN you'd hear of the dissatisfaction by players as the next-in-line starts over you come the beginning of the following season.

Part of the problem with the transfer portal is that it's sped up that process. If a player does not receive satisfaction, they transfer immediately so as to not miss out on opportunities elsewhere (regardless of whether or not it's NIL $-related). You come to find out, after they do transfer, that they experience the same problems at their next stop.
I think OSU prefers a running QB and the fact that they did not beat Michigan gives them the motivation to look for a new QB

Reactions: BeantownKnight

Schiano should be fired immediately if he doesn't at least kick the tires there. (And I consider myself a Schiano supporter.)
Maybe part of a package deal with some WR’s and a TE. OSU probably has some former four star third and fourth stringers. McCord wouldn’t have won more than six games at RU this season. GW broke Indiana’s back with that long TD run and did the same against VT by running for a long TD.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU_Nut
Maybe they will try to get wimsatt ?
I’m guessing no since Wimsatt hasn't been consistent enough to live up to being a four star as a thrower. Nobody is projecting GW to the NFL…at least not yet. A Gronk-like TE would help GW immensely.

I think it is just simply he isn't good enough for the expectations at osu. Their expectations are future NFL starters at qb every year. And that can all be true but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us right now.

You heard what Schiano said in the presser yesterday. Open up your wallet if you want several of these top names to wind up here. “ Even if we wanted to” We don’t have the money.” I think that’s what he said ? He was very honest and more than a few have said the same at other schools.

I agree with you. It's even more strange that - following a string of mobile QBs - they didn't have one already waiting in the wings.

That’s what always surprised me about his commitment. Was weirder when Ewers joined early to be tue 2nd QB in that recruiting class.

Ultimately Buckeye fans got spoiled with Fields and Stroud. Hard for anyone to live up to that standard.

Waste of time discussion because a vast majority on this board don’t donate to NIL. Thus RU won’t have a shot at him- so he won’t want to come.
we could offer him 2 million in NIL, he isn't coming here. This isn't the type of kid that we should even be discussing. I'm sure Day already has his QB lined up and told him to hit the road.

Maybe part of a package deal with some WR’s and a TE. OSU probably has some former four star third and fourth stringers. McCord wouldn’t have won more than six games at RU this season. GW broke Indiana’s back with that long TD run and did the same against VT by running for a long TD.
Do you know how much it would have opened up the run if Rutgers had a legit throwing threat? Sure he not going rush for 143 yards against Indiana but I am sure as hell he would throw for far more than 39 yards and open the running game up so much more.

we could offer him 2 million in NIL, he isn't coming here. This isn't the type of kid that we should even be discussing.
I'm not sure why you say that. None of us have any idea but I'm in the camp that thinks he was encouraged to leave. Maybe coming to his dad's alma mater for less NIL money would be appealing to him. We don't know. But we do know that if he's looking for a big NIL payday, this is not the right place. We need to allocate our resources toward keeping our defense and getting a wide receiver and tight end.

The kid is very very talented. Just not - OSU QB and top QB in college - talent. Top 10-15 college QB, 100%. NFL caliber, 100%. If he has interest at RU, GS will 100% get it done. Question is does he have interest. And I’m not a Wimsatt hater but McCord would be the most talented QB in RU history, no question.

He would make us SO MUCH more balanced and effective on offense. A legit passing threat that could use the whole field. Okay, so he's not a running QB. I can deal with that.

But I don't see him coming here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT