ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord enters portal

LOL at people who don’t contribute to NIL and then argue about how QB chose Syracuse over Rutgers.
I wonder, since Syracuse is a private school, if they were capable to divert funds received from the ACC conference to NIL money which we are unable to do. Why can’t Rutgers use some of their 80 million Big Ten money for NIL?

Last edited:
What were people saying here the last 20 years when the record is 6-3 Rutgers?

And we’ve won the last 3.

But I was too distracted by our massive pile of cash and our top 3 basketball class to bring that up. Felt like piling on.

I wonder, since Syracuse is a private school, if they were capable to divert funds received from the ACC conference to NIL money which we are unable to do. Why can’t Rutgers use some of their 80 million Big Ten money for NIL?
No That's a violation, regardless. NIL can't come from the school. Must be from donations.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Prove it. I can’t believe the weather between NJ and upstate NY is your go to comeback. After each one of those 30 losses the response was “ but the weather is worse up there.” Lmao.
I never said weather mattered. Neither do wins accumulated during the single bar facemask era for that matter. Not sure what the 30 losses you are referring to. Rutgers has won 8 out of the last 10 on the field head to head though. In this century mind you. I don’t think one program is better than the other at this point in time. One just competes on a bigger stage which presents more opportunities for bigger moments.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Reactions: Jimpeg
Piss off 365 alter ego weirdo.
Ok go post 365 times about portal targets but contribute 0 to RU NIL. Sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable with the cognitive dissonance of knowing that you talk about being a huge supporter of RU football and basketball; but in reality you contribute zero in terms of actual support.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
No That's a violation, regardless. NIL can't come from the school. Must be from donations.

NCAA President Charlie Baker is proposing Division I schools be allowed to enter into NIL deals directly with their athletes. That could change how donor-backed collectives operate​

Sounds like that will change in the near future probably by next year.

Who knows what he'll do. Maybe he's good for them, maybe he isn't but on paper it looks good. But what looks good on paper doesn't always translate to what happens in reality/practice.

What I take from it is something else and what I've said before. We don't know what NIL was involved (all opaque) but I've often said it runs the spectrum from only NIL to only playing time and everything in between and each situation/player is different.

The opportunity for lower status schools is actually there for potential contributors who might not be headline makers (Cody Schrader, Austin Reed, Bailey Zappe, Cam Ward to WSU) and it seems also some who might be like McCord. That Texas qb Murphy has visits at places like Oregon State and Duke along with Baylor and USCe. So there's possibility and potential out there for lower status schools and I take that as a good sign.

NCAA President Charlie Baker is proposing Division I schools be allowed to enter into NIL deals directly with their athletes. That could change how donor-backed collectives operate​

Just a proposal. Will likely not get approved in the next 2-3 years.

Isnt this a good thing?

Instead of going to a school we play next year (Nebraska), he's going to a school with zero impact on Rutgers.
Well it’s a bad thing for people in this 10 page thread who thought RU should have magically be his transfer destination.

Reactions: NickRU714
Well it’s a bad thing for people in this 10 page thread who thought RU should have magically be his transfer destination.

Wouldn’t he have to sit a year under Big Ten rules anyway? Would think that probably eliminated most Big Ten schools since he’s got pro potential.

Wouldn’t he have to sit a year under Big Ten rules anyway? Would think that probably eliminated most Big Ten schools since he’s got pro potential.
You don't have to sit out for transferring. Actually there was a TRO just issued by a WV judge in a lawsuit so now you can actually transfer more than once without sitting out while the case is being heard. I think that TRO (originally for 2 weeks) was extended through the spring semester.

Reactions: RUDiddy777

Right, but it's not happening NOW.

Disagree that Cuse getting 5 star transfers has zero impact on Rutgers
Yeah this. Knuckleheads on this Board having delusions if they think Fran Brown will not impact our recruiting. Already happening and will probably get much worse in the future.
The broken record continues but we need much more infusion of NIL. Whether from Businesses, alumni, fans, etc. we need it.

Good lord and here I thought Syracuse had a decent journalism program and yet I read this incoherent bastardization of the English Language. Have you ever taken a grammer class in your life? Do you know what the "Edit" button is? Holy Moly

Let’s not scare him off. I kind of enjoy him and would like to keep him around.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
I'd be worried if I were Florida State and the rest of the Acc I'd be worried shytless .

…if he were going to Clemson, a real program, with real talent and a proven head coach.

Appreciate Fran and don’t hold any ill will (same with Nunz - can’t root for them, but won’t root against them) but the jump from position coach without a pit stop at OC/DC is huge. Maybe he’ll be back as DC under Greg in a few years.

Yeah this. Knuckleheads on this Board having delusions if they think Fran Brown will not impact our recruiting. Already happening and will probably get much worse in the future.
The broken record continues but we need much more infusion of NIL. Whether from Businesses, alumni, fans, etc. we need it.

2 weeks ago Syracuse was a non-existant entity so far in our rear-view that we couldn't even see them.

They hire Fran Brown as HC and now they are a recruiting rival and going to impact Rutgers?

Had no idea HC Schiano's recruiting was so tenuous.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
They will play only one P5 team that had over 6 wins in 2023. what is considered successful season 9-10 wins?
Getting McCord is a good transfer for Fran- Without him- the first 4 games could have been 2-2 with a chance of 1-3. I would say that they will start 4-0 now. And man- looking at their schedule even closer- I am not sure I have ever seen a P5 schedule like it- ever.

Good lord and here I thought Syracuse had a decent journalism program and yet I read this incoherent bastardization of the English Language. Have you ever taken a grammer class in your life? Do you know what the "Edit" button is? Holy Moly
I went to chatgpt and asked it to translate that post for me

It came back and told me "I do not have a translation for that but I suggest one call 911 for a welfare check"

Good luck to the young man but the team he’s joining is playing in a conference that just had its champion (FSU) go 13-0 and not selected for the college playoff. That tells you all you need to know about the levels of college football that are being played which is not equal.

For all those saying next year will be different with all the conferences getting greater access for 12 spots. Most spots will be gobbled up by the expanded BIG and SEC conferences. ACC prospects will look even worse if FSU and Clemson jump off the boat first with others to follow.

Face it: Syracuse is a relegated program in a lower league looking for a promotion.

GO RU

Ok go post 365 times about portal targets but contribute 0 to RU NIL. Sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable with the cognitive dissonance of knowing that you talk about being a huge supporter of RU football and basketball; but in reality you contribute zero in terms of actual support.
Holy Fu$k old man you were just put in your place. But but but I’m tapped out on Rutgers R lol.

We recruit the same area hard. A successful Cuse team with great recruits that kids wanna play takes away options for us

Ok.
A successful Temple team with great recruits that kids wanna play takes away options for us.

If Temple hired Fran Brown would they suddenly be a threat to Rutgers?

Turns out Rutgers (despite HC Schiano, nearly $100m in annual media revenue and the Big Ten sticker) isn't as far ahead of Syracuse as it seems?

Hiring Fran Brown (a lifetime defensive assistant) as HC and a NFL RB coach as OC instantly makes them a threat?
So much for all the advantages we allegedly had.

Ok.
A successful Temple team with great recruits that kids wanna play takes away options for us.

If Temple hired Fran Brown would they suddenly be a threat to Rutgers?

Turns out Rutgers (despite HC Schiano, nearly $100m in annual media revenue and the Big Ten sticker) isn't as far ahead of Syracuse as it seems?

Hiring Fran Brown (a lifetime defensive assistant) as HC and a NFL RB coach as OC instantly makes them a threat?
So much for all the advantages we allegedly had.

I never said they were a threat… but saying them getting a 5 star QB..one of the best in the country….doesnt impact Rutgers is silly.

Yes..if Temple got a 5 star transfer, one of the best in the county, it would also impact Rutgers.

Again, silly to think otherwise.

Rutgers is certainly not way ahead of Syracuse. Just cause we’re in the big ten because of our location doesn’t make us any better than them.

Until we win constantly…we aren’t. Until we become exciting, we aren’t.

What were people saying here the last 20 years when the record is 6-3 Rutgers?
The same thing every big East team was saying. “We beat SU”. rutgers did what everyone else did. That’s not an accomplishment. Thats sad when that and 2006 is your only thing to cheer about.

The same thing every big East team was saying. “We beat SU”. rutgers did what everyone else did. That’s not an accomplishment. Thats sad when that and 2006 is your only thing to cheer about.
So Syracuse beat up on Rutgers in the 80’s and 90’s “when everyone else did.” But that really seems to mean a lot to you and your boys to come here and brag about a head coach who hasn’t even coached a game yet.

So Syracuse beat up on Rutgers in the 80’s and 90’s “when everyone else did.” But that really seems to mean a lot to you and your boys to come here and brag about a head coach who hasn’t even coached a game yet.
When did I make any prediction on the 2024 team?

Last edited:
Nobody's saying that here based on that schedule.
lol you guys use your Big10 schedule as some sort of achievement. Anyone can lose against Penn st UMich and OSU. You guys are getting beat by Maryland. Against a guy you all said couldn’t coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT