ADVERTISEMENT

Lambert Predictions for 2015

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
Army, Boston College, Buffalo, UConn, UMass, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple (forget the rest unless there's a completely obvious one I'm missing) ...

For anybody who follows college football outside of Rutgers, how do you see these teams doing next year? What would be your Top 5 in order for 2015?

they included West Va and Maryland last year.

As of now I would say:

1. Penn St
2. West Va
3. Rutgers
4. Maryland
5. Pitt
6. Cuse
7. BC

1. PSU
2. Pitt
3. Rutgers
4. WVU
5. They all will blow about equally.

Holgorsen is done. Maryland is going to be AWFUL and I am guessing Edsall might be canned after the year too. Pitt and PSU were the two youngest teams in the country last year and both have rosters that were thin, especially PSU depth wise. Hate saying it but Voytik steps to another level given their talen at the skill positions with guys like Boyd and Conner they could be pretty good.
This post was edited on 4/16 11:51 AM by PSUriseANDfire

Originally posted by RUfinal4:
they included West Va and Maryland last year.

As of now I would say:

1. Penn St
2. West Va
3. Rutgers
4. Maryland
5. Pitt
6. Cuse
7. BC
WVU plays at Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, and K State so their 4 toughest opponents on paper are all on the road. With Liberty, Ga Southern, and Maryland as their OOC it's not tough.

If the OL comes together, PSU could be a 9 win team this year. I think they'd be the favorite.

I think Pitt is the wild card. A couple of tough games in ND, Duke, and Ga Tech. V Tech on the road will be tough too.

Don't understand how Pitt could be better than us, yeah they have a new hyped up coach but they're defense was atrocious last year, it can't get THAT much better after one off season

1. Rutgers
2. Do not care
3. Do not care
4. Do not care
5. Do not care
6. Do not care
7. Do not care
8. Do not care
9. Boston College
10. Fruit U
11. Penn State

The perception problem we have going into 2015 is the OL and QB. We replace 3 OL and a 40 start QB. Our D was not good last couple of years either and we play a bear of a schedule.

Pitt and PSU play a much easier schedule.

With that said, PSU D will be very good again but a part of me almost thinks I would rather return our team with a brand new QB and 3 OL and some coaches who have shown that they can coach then a QB who used to be good and was god awful last year and a horrendous OL and a coach who I feel is the one who made the QB awful. What makes anyone think the PSU offense will get out of it's way this year?

Originally posted by yesrutgers01:

The perception problem we have going into 2015 is the OL and QB. We replace 3 OL and a 40 start QB. Our D was not good last couple of years either and we play a bear of a schedule.

Pitt and PSU play a much easier schedule.

With that said, PSU D will be very good again but a part of me almost thinks I would rather return our team with a brand new QB and 3 OL and some coaches who have shown that they can coach then a QB who used to be good and was god awful last year and a horrendous OL and a coach who I feel is the one who made the QB awful. What makes anyone think the PSU offense will get out of it's way this year?
PSU OL will improve...it'll only be average, but improved nonetheless from downright scary awful last year. 4 OL with at least 9 starts coming back. Our top 4 recievers last year, albeit very talented, were very young.....a Soph, RS Freshman, and 2 true Freshmen....they'll all be back with several stud freshmen coming in. We lost TE J James, but we get back A Brenneman from injury...which gives us 3 stud TEs...Brenneman, Giesecki, & K Carter. We lost 2 RBs, including Rutgers' beloved Big Time Bill Belton....but those 2 were arguably our least talented RBs in years. A Lynch will be our starter with stud freshmen backing him up, and wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets unseated during the middle of the season (it'll be hard keeping S Barkley on the bench). and then...there's Hack.

obviously...it's all about the OL, but the other pieces count too. there's little doubt our offense will score much more points this year.

...I'll admit it; Paly's comments about Belton made me chuckle.

Joe P.

Originally posted by JoeRU0304:

Joe P.
+1

I still think Franklin/Hack are part of the offense's problem, rather than part of the solution, though. The better OLine will help some, likely, but Hack makes bad decisions under pressure.

The best thing TTFP has going for it next year is its schedule. Temple, Buffalo, SDSU, Army.... and Illinois/Northwestern as cross-division games. They also get RU and Michigan at home. Our OOC schedule is on the lighter side for next year, too - but we have TTFP and Michigan on the road, with Wisconsin/Nebraska as cross-division games.

If RU and TTFP were perfectly equal teams next year, they'd be more likely to have a higher win total than we would.

Originally posted by RUChoppin:

Originally posted by JoeRU0304:

Joe P.
+1

I still think Franklin/Hack are part of the offense's problem, rather than part of the solution, though. The better OLine will help some, likely, but Hack makes bad decisions under pressure.

The best thing TTFP has going for it next year is its schedule. Temple, Buffalo, SDSU, Army.... and Illinois/Northwestern as cross-division games. They also get RU and Michigan at home. Our OOC schedule is on the lighter side for next year, too - but we have TTFP and Michigan on the road, with Wisconsin/Nebraska as cross-division games.

If RU and TTFP were perfectly equal teams next year, they'd be more likely to have a higher win total than we would.
Hack's part of the problem? geez...alright. I mean..he was on his back more than a french whore. you're being a little unfair. but hey...we'll see, right? apparently every football pundit loves the kid. even Hack will take some of accountability, but the kid was beaten up pretty bad and constantly had to make decisions under duress. we're all going to see a better Hack and better offense this year. and Franklin? i won't lie....he hasn't convinced me yet. at the same time, he had half a roster last spring (2nd team defense was beating up on RS Freshmen schollys & walk-on O-linemen), then maybe 2/3rds of a roster after June...comprised mostly of Sophmores & Freshmen. it's more than fair to give the staff a long leash with last year's situation. If he can make Vanderbilt look good, he shouldn't have a problem here. but again...we'll see.

we totally have a soft schedule, but not our fault. Rutgers was supposed to be our big OOC game...now you're in the Big Ten. it's not like we can schedule some marquee team that easily....so Army it is. Also not our fault with the cross-over games (though...we still lost to those 2 teams last year)....but yeah, we got lucky there. you guys have a tougher road, no doubt. everybody will at some point be affected positively/negatively with that. and let's be clear...just because WSU & Kansas play in the power 5 don't mean d*ck. they're both terrible, and I would hope nobody denies this. You're win against Navy last year was more impressive.

forget all this schedule crap....the true barometer between our 2 teams will come Sept 19th. if you lose by 3 (or better), I would serioulsy be impressed with Flood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT