ADVERTISEMENT

Last time we played a National game on CBS?

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
With one win we get to the semifinals and national game on cbs with Nantz , rafferty and hill . I can’t remember the last time we were the national game on CBS . The 89 and 91 tourney games were regional feeds. We played Vegas on ABC in 1991 .

it's amazing how those top crews can prep so fast and work a game as if they've known these players for years. that has always amazed me about the top crews.

anyone remember Tirico stepping in to the Olympic Gold medal game last summer, and calling it as if he had studied these guys for years?

just an impressive skill if you ask me.

it's amazing how those top crews can prep so fast and work a game as if they've known these players for years. that has always amazed me about the top crews.

anyone remember Tirico stepping in to the Olympic Gold medal game last summer, and calling it as if he had studied these guys for years?

just an impressive skill if you ask me.
Yes much better then spero dedes and Brendan Haywood in last years ncaa.

• Haha
Reactions: SirScarlet
I think it was the Big Ten tournament semifinal against Purdue at the Garden.

I think it was the Big Ten tournament semifinal against Purdue at the Garden.
That was a quarterfinal game, so it would not have been on CBS. We were in the 11-14 game in the opening round, then the second round beating Indiana, then in the quarterfinal against Purdue.

We made big east semis in 1998.
Atlantic 10 semis in 1995 and then before that the last semifinal appearance was 1990 .
We are due !!

So grateful that our guys don’t have to play tomorrow and Thursday, so they can be better rested and prepared for Friday’s game. Hopefully we practice how to inbound from various locations. If we have a tight game on Friday, inbounding down the end will be critical.

I really haven't even thought about our inbounds plays until Sunday (i.e. they haven't bothered me). But whatever mess was drawn up in that spot needs to go and fast.

As an interesting aside, the 1998 Big East Semifinal game was one of the last times I saw FrankZ.

My man F-T, been too long - yes that was the U Conn humble, after the unforgettable 'Billet at the buzzer' in the q-finals. I believe our last visit was a post game beverage with your fam at Applebees after a W. I hope you all are doing well!?!?

My man F-T, been too long - yes that was the U Conn humble, after the unforgettable 'Billet at the buzzer' in the q-finals. I believe our last visit was a post game beverage with your fam at Applebees after a W. I hope you all are doing well!?!?
All good here. Hope the same is true with you.. My brainwashing has been effective (1 RU graduate in 2021; 1 RU junior and 1 enrolling in the fall). You are correct that out last meeting was after a W at the Piscataway Applebees. We need to get you east again (and to a better post-game venue). I will pass along your regards to G$$.

Reactions: FrankZ
All good here. Hope the same is true with you.. My brainwashing has been effective (1 RU graduate in 2021; 1 RU junior and 1 enrolling in the fall). You are correct that out last meeting was after a W at the Piscataway Applebees. We need to get you east again (and to a better post-game venue). I will pass along your regards to G$$.
I dug up an old email - assuming you're still on that, keep an eye out for another one.

Sat afternoon on CBS in the big ten tournament with a chance to head to the finals would be such an insane and amazing feeling. A bit of Rutgers basketball euphoria type of moment. I hope these boys are ready for the moment !!!

Frank Z is a legend from eons ago
Old timers cherish his musings and beg for more
Hey Wheeze! I laughed out loud - thanks so much for that. Glad we got a chance to finally meet whenever that was. It was almost surreal.

Reactions: wheezer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT