ADVERTISEMENT

LeGrand Whiskey

We'll be cracking open a bottle of this at our tailgate on Sunday.
Have you tried it yet? Spoke to a bartender that has and he said it was "good surprisingly." Not sure if that is a ringing endorsement. Because he said he was more of a beer tequila drinker.

Reactions: RUDave90
Have you tried it yet? Spoke to a bartender that has and he said it was "good surprisingly." Not sure if that is a ringing endorsement. Because he said he was more of a beer tequila drinker.

Nope. The bottle I picked up when I met Eric at his meet and greet at Costco went into the tailgate bar. My crew knows it will be there.

I agree. It is good, surprisingly.

I say "surprisingly", because this is a licensing/charity deal; Eric is not distilling whiskey. I feared that the company producing the whiskey would have taken the cheapest swill they could find and slapped a Legrand label on it, figuring that people would buy it anyway.

But this is a very solid mid-tier bourbon. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. Eric put his name on it, and he drinks it (at least he did at a tasting I attended). He probably tasted a bunch of bourbons before selecting the one he was willing to endorse. He made a good choice, and I've gone through a couple of bottles since I first tried it earlier this spring.

I say "surprisingly", because this is a licensing/charity deal; Eric is not distilling whiskey. I feared that the company producing the whiskey would have taken the cheapest swill they could find and slapped a Legrand label on it, figuring that people would buy it anyway.

But this is a very solid mid-tier bourbon. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. Eric put his name on it, and he drinks it (at least he did at a tasting I attended). He probably tasted a bunch of bourbons before selecting the one he was willing to endorse. He made a good choice, and I've gone through a couple of bottles since I first tried it earlier this spring.
Yes that was my fear. Bad juice in the bottle because of the story.

I attempted to go to a bottle signing tasting but had the wrong night on my calendar. Embarrassed to show up a day late. Hahahah. No bottles available to buy after so that was a positive sign.

Commercial distillers (and I won't name this one, out of respect to Eric, but it's one of the largest) will always provide options to their contract customers, varying things like mash bill and aging. It's not unusual for them to have a dozen or more bourbons in the ricking house to select from.

BIL brought a bottle to a family gathering and I agree. Thought it was mild but smooth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT