ADVERTISEMENT

Lewis’ redshirt burned yesterday? (No)

Don’t even get me started on the way JLew has been used. He’s another example of how clueless Ash is with QB. We just tossed him into the fire last year thinking was going to be our guy. And now all of a sudden he can’t play QB? I’m so frustrated with this staff. Imagine how he feels. Wtf, he didn’t sign up for this. Tom Flacco had the right idea. He knew he should be playing and the staff had no use for him. Now he’s having a fantastic season at Towson. Screw this

Im pretty sure that was his third or fourth game he played..no?

Post from a family member showing he was upset basically stated his redshirt was burned today over 1 play.
The post I saw was a complaint that he went in for only 1 play, not that the RS was burned. But he (his father or uncle, I'm not really sure who the guy is) said Jon definitely won't be playing next week.

Checked the Participation reports. Lewis shows up on 4 reports as participating - Texas State, Illinois, Maryland and Penn State. However I scanned quickly, thus, possible I missed him on another game’s list. If accurate and he doesn’t play next week, he’ll get a redshirt.

The post I saw was a complaint that he went in for only 1 play, not that the RS was burned. But he (his father or uncle, I'm not really sure who the guy is) said Jon definitely won't be playing next week.

If he doesnt play, how will we run our awesome 4TE sets that are revolutionizing modern offense?

Reactions: herdof3
Ok that would make sense. I saw it last night and couldn’t find it again this morning

The real question is why did he go in for 1 meaningless TE snap to block and not play again? Also a convenient excuse to not play him at QB next week.

I don't know how good of a D1 QB he is, but given his pedigree out of HS and the attrocious play out of the QB position, the guy deserved a game.

As for Gio.. love the kid and he was the right QB for last year. But he produced a grand total of 7 points in one half. Yes the offense looked better under him, but only because it was historically bad prior to him. Once again, set the bar soooo low anything above appears like progress.

Yes, Penn St game would have been his 5th game. Redshirt Burned.

https://scarletknights.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5667

Participation Statistics
Lewis, Johnathan - Participation Statistics
Date
Opponent
10/13/2018 Maryland
10/6/2018 Illinois
11/17/2018 Penn State
9/1/2018 Texas State

Participation report from Penn St game:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/scarletknights.com/documents/2018/11/17/Game11.pdf

You list 4 games including Penn State. What’s the 5th game.

If he were planning to transfer to another FBS school, he'd have to sit next year anyway, so the question of burning his redshirt would be irrelevant.

My totally uninformed guess is that he transfers down to FCS if Ash stays. If Ash leaves, then he and his family will keep an open mind.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
The incompetence level shown by this entire staff is incomprehensible. I stopped trying to figure it out last year when Vertman and Clark's redshirts were burned to play on the field goal and punt teams. Being a former O lineman I can assure you that teaches you nothing about the speed of the game. It was a year wasted in order to learn to block in.

If he were planning to transfer to another FBS school, he'd have to sit next year anyway, so the question of burning his redshirt would be irrelevant.

My totally uninformed guess is that he transfers down to FCS if Ash stays. If Ash leaves, then he and his family will keep an open mind.
He still would be a Junior eligible if the transfers to FBS with a redshit. Hes a senior eligible without the redshit

He still would be a Junior eligible if the transfers to FBS with a redshit. Hes a senior eligible without the redshit
I wouldn't wish a redshit on anyone.

But seriously folks, if he transfers to FBS, he'd still have two years to play either way. Remember you get five to play four:

2017 - Played
2018 - Played or reshirted, doesn't matter with an FBS transfer
2019 - Mandatory sit-out
2020 - Eligible
2021 - Eligible

The 2017 redshirt only matters if he decides to stay or if he transfers down to FBS. In either case, a 2017 redshirt leaves him with three to play three.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
I wouldn't wish a redshit on anyone.

But seriously folks, if he transfers to FBS, he'd still have two years to play either way. Remember you get five to play four:

2017 - Played
2018 - Played or reshirted, doesn't matter with an FBS transfer
2019 - Mandatory sit-out
2020 - Eligible
2021 - Eligible

The 2017 redshirt only matters if he decides to stay or if he transfers down to FBS. In either case, a 2017 redshirt leaves him with three to play three.
I wouldn’t wish a red shit on any one either lol

So he played 4 games? Another thread full of people bitching for no reason then? I can fully understand asking why he hasn’t played QB but if he only played 4 games he can still RS. If I was him, I’d announce I’m transferring and spend Turkey day home with my family. If a new coach is hired he can choose to stay and still have 3 to play.

Does anyone think they can make a bona fide case that Lewis would have done worse than Art this year?
No way. Just the fact that he is somewhat more of a running threat and less of a statue in the backfield would have made the offense better. Same for Gio, maybe even the other freshman.

How could any QB have performed worse than AS. That lob pass interception from yesterday had to be the worst pass I've ever seen a QB (who wasn't being hit or dragged down) throw. How can someone throw that kind of pass after starting for a whole season? It blows my mind.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Agree. With the lack of great receivers, having a real dual threat like Lewis may have led the team to score more than 16pts a game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT