ADVERTISEMENT

Link to the Washington game- 30 minute replay

So I just watched Harte's missed field goal about five times. My eyes must be going - looks like he made it too me. Outside of two plays we outplayed them for 35 minutes.

Key Plays:

1) Bolin's Int. - Gave Washington great field position when RU had momentum in the game.
2) UW Punt downed on the 1. - great execution by the punter - RU had to play even more conservatively than they hand been, but more importantly UW knew they had to run.
3) Personal Foul on RU, late hit out of bounds. RU made a great effort to get out of the shadow of the goal line, good punt, UW out of bounds at the UW 42 with the PF UW takes over at the RU 43.
4) UW Punt downed at the 1 again.
5) UW run punt return for a TD.

BTW, this looked like a well-coached team with a good game plan against an excellent opponent. We clearly made some mistakes, but improvement is dramatic. Hope we can throttle the teams we are supposed to beat and maybe steal a couple.

Reactions: LC-88
Did we really put a kickoff into the endzone? My eyes are burning.

If Gastin #9 didn't suit up we may have won. Can catch and run.

Love how the announcers focused on Bailey's knee coming down prior to crossing the goal line, but ignored the lack of a PI call.

Thanks for the link. Great to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
thanks for that link. Still stand by my initial impressions

TOO DAMN CONSERVATIVE on offense. We just didn't try to score enough IMHO. I hope that was because UW is just very good but we're going to find out when we play some lesser competition. Defense played well enough to win that game. Giving up 23 points to UW (didn't include the punt return) is good enough to win. We need to put up 30 points. We can't do that by handing the ball off and throwing 5 yard quick hits all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT