ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football games versus USC, Washington both moved to Friday night

It is bad enough that the USC game was moved to Friday, but for it to be an 11PM start time here is total BS.
It's not "total BS." You can't add west coast teams to the conference and not expect that game times will be affected. This is the new reality and as weird as it might be, Rutgers is incredibly fortunate to be in the Big Ten given the team's mediocre performance and low attendance since joining.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
Is that a shameful thing if someone can’t afford to go? Many will choose not to go for any number of reasons. T
Many, many years ago I was in LA and went to a game at Pauley. I started talking up one of the UCLA cheerleaders. She was the stereotypical California girl with the beautiful long blond hair and sparkling blue eyes.
Turns out she was from Morristown.
Many, many years ago I was in LA and went to a game at Pauley. I started talking up one of the UCLA cheerleaders. She was the stereotypical California girl with the beautiful long blond hair and sparkling blue eyes.
Turns out she was from Morristown.
There are a beautiful women all around the world . The California reputation was elevated from movies and songs . Some of it was true but mostly hype. Not sure what is going to happen going forward. Seems many are offended by being looked upon as beautiful in the eyes of male suitors.

Reactions: RutgersSC
It's not "total BS." You can't add west coast teams to the conference and not expect that game times will be affected. This is the new reality and as weird as it might be, Rutgers is incredibly fortunate to be in the Big Ten given the team's mediocre performance and low attendance since joining.
The troll with 1,000 names returns Spanky

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
The game ended at 3:02 a.m. EST.

Great game to watch... heartbreaking ending.

DATE: 8/29/2013
SITE: Fresno, Calif.
STADIUM: Bulldog Stadium
ATTENDANCE: 33098
KICKOFF TIME: 7:36 pm
END OF GAME: 12:02 am
DURATION: 4:26
TEMPERATURE: 92
WIND: NW-13mph
WEATHER: Clear

Watched that game at the Olive Branch with friends, including @mildone, but most of them left by 1 am. I was there until the bitter end -incredibly exciting game, but absolutely heartbreaking.

Generally speaking, I enjoy night games - used to love the old Thursday night games in the BE - so no issue on my end with Friday night games. Haven't decided if I'm heading out to the USC game yet...

Watched that game at the Olive Branch with friends, including @mildone, but most of them left by 1 am. I was there until the bitter end -incredibly exciting game, but absolutely heartbreaking.

Generally speaking, I enjoy night games - used to love the old Thursday night games in the BE - so no issue on my end with Friday night games. Haven't decided if I'm heading out to the USC game yet...
Come on, Numbers. You HAVE to go. It’ll be a great board reunion.

Reactions: RU848789
Just wait.. next year no non-former-PAC will have to play 2 Friday Night games.

The Rutgers Screw is Universal.

Purdue and Michigan State also have 2.. but no 11pm local time kickoffs for them.

But what a great lead-in.. Game one of the World Series between Kansas City and Milwaukee

11pm.. and game might start late because of the World Series game before it.

I'm a little surprised they don't move the Washington at Rutgers kickoff to 11 PM local to be in primetime Friday Night in Seattle. Piscataway locals would LOOOOVE that.

Last edited:

Yeah, I remember that game. I normally shed any negative feelings after a loss very quickly, but that one hurt for a couple days.

What is wrong with the posters statement?
I was wondering the same thing. I guess it's easier to just accuse someone of being a "troll" than actually debate the topic at hand. The bottom line is that Rutgers can't pick and choose anything in this conference until the team starts consistently winning and filling the stands. That hasn't happened yet.

What is wrong with the posters statement?
If it came from a long-time well-known RUFB fan, then it would be fine. When it comes within the first couple posts from a new account, it's a troll. And that account will be banned as soon as a mod gets around to it.

I prefer to counter-troll trolls until they cry. But that's not how this forum rolls.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess it's easier to just accuse someone of being a "troll" than actually debate the topic at hand. The bottom line is that Rutgers can't pick and choose anything in this conference until the team starts consistently winning and filling the stands. That hasn't happened yet.
Rutgers is so lucky we are in NJ and close to the capital of the World. Wes re in the greatest conference because of tv sets and the populations of NY and NJ. It’s certainly not because of our athletic history or our rabid fanbase and there generous fundraising and donation history. We have 6 page threads on dollar hot dogs running out. That tells you right there what we are all about collectively. If you’re mad about the start time don’t watch or better yet pony up and fly to LA and have a great long weekend.

If it came from a long-time well-known RUFB fan, then it would be fine. When it comes within the first couple posts from a new account, it's a troll. And that account will be banned as soon as a mod gets around to it.

I prefer to counter-troll trolls until they cry. But that's not how this forum rolls.
The so called troll said nothing wrong. His post is factual why get upset that Rutgers historically has been small time. As time goes on we will get better.

Purdue and Michigan State also have 2.. but no 11pm local time kickoffs for them.

But what a great lead-in.. Game one of the World Series between Kansas City and Milwaukee

I'm a little surprised they don't move the Washington at Rutgers kickoff to 11 PM local to be in primetime Friday Night in Seattle. Piscataway locals would LOOOOVE that.

Imagine being a fan of countless other schools that are not in the P2 listening to this Rutgers fan claiming the RU screw here.

We hit the expansion lottery so let’s not whine too much about a late start in LA to play USC. I can’t wait for it.

Rutgers is so lucky we are in NJ and close to the capital of the World. Wes re in the greatest conference because of tv sets and the populations of NY and NJ. It’s certainly not because of our athletic history or our rabid fanbase and there generous fundraising and donation history. We have 6 page threads on dollar hot dogs running out. That tells you right there what we are all about collectively. If you’re mad about the start time don’t watch or better yet pony up and fly to LA and have a great long weekend.
have to agree

troll or not, nothing said was wrong

Imagine being a fan of countless other schools that are not in the P2 listening to this Rutgers fan claiming the RU screw here.

We hit the expansion lottery so let’s not whine too much about a late start in LA to play USC. I can’t wait for it.
I like to think of it as BIG hit the lottery. We provided an enormous jump in revenue, location for alumni to see their visiting schools, access to largest media mkt in the world, outstanding academics and research, fertile recruiting grounds and an anchor for PSU

this relationship is NOT one sided by any stretch

Reactions: Pils86
Can you tell us why not being able to afford the trip doesn’t meet with your approval? Seems a bit smug but perhaps I’m from of a different generation plays into it.
As for myself , we can afford the trip but like many others, have another prior event to attend.

I like to think of it as BIG hit the lottery. We provided an enormous jump in revenue, location for alumni to see their visiting schools, access to largest media mkt in the world, outstanding academics and research, fertile recruiting grounds and an anchor for PSU

I don’t disagree. The League and its partners are not running a charity. We certainty are additive. That said of the six attributes you mentioned, only outstanding academics and research are something that we

I don’t disagree. The conference and it’s partners are not running a charity. Rutgers is certainly additive. That said, of the six attributes you mentioned only our outstanding academics and research are something we achieved or earned. The rest is good fortune

That’s all I meant. Regardless, I look forward to being in LA for the USC game

Reactions: RUTGERS95
You do understand I have been involved with Rutgers since 1968… many changes… a number of trips off campus and always something new. However , when ( if you really are a Rutgers fan) you outwardly criticize someone who may not have the $$$$ or desire to travel out to LA then you really are being shallow. Evidently, you are most likely the same towards many others less fortunate .Enjoy your trip.

The so called troll said nothing wrong. His post is factual why get upset that Rutgers historically has been small time. As time goes on we will get better.
Upset? Who's upset? I don't get upset at much of anything, especially anything online.

It's not "so-called". When someone registers a new account and instantly starts bashing the team/brand/whatever on an internet forum, that's trolling. And enabling trolls is not a great way to operate any internet forum.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I don’t disagree. The League and its partners are not running a charity. We certainty are additive. That said of the six attributes you mentioned, only outstanding academics and research are something that we

I don’t disagree. The conference and it’s partners are not running a charity. Rutgers is certainly additive. That said, of the six attributes you mentioned only our outstanding academics and research are something we achieved or earned. The rest is good fortune

That’s all I meant. Regardless, I look forward to being in LA for the USC game
all good, just need to keep some perspective as too many here have battered wife syndrome when it comes to RU. We were and continue to be, an excellent addition that benefited the BIG as well. Sadly, all anyone wants to see is the football side of things and that should be red flag to run from that person due to sheer stupidity

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Upset? Who's upset? I don't get upset at much of anything, especially anything online.

It's not "so-called". When someone registers a new account and instantly starts bashing the team/brand/whatever on an internet forum, that's trolling. And enabling trolls is not a great way to operate any internet forum.
He didn’t bash the team or brand. You just don’t like what he said and you want him banned for it. If you can’t stand an opinion on an anonymous message board I assumed you are very upset for what he said. That is not very American of you.

He didn’t bash the team or brand. You just don’t like what he said and you want him banned for it. If you can’t stand an opinion on an anonymous message board I assumed you are very upset for what he said. That is not very American of you.
I've my issues with Mildone (liberal loon) but he has never advocated banning someone for the sake of not agreeing with them. Some of his views are absolutely in accordance with liberal unAmerican ideals but this is not the case here

LOL. I barely read what the troll posted. I didn't have to. The pattern of the post made it an obvious trolling attempt and the account had only one post. Interesting that you think the poster is male.

Anyway, now you're the one trolling (albeit very weakly). Your defensiveness about an obvious trolling account makes me wonder if you are that person using multiple accounts.

If you aren't here to troll, then perhaps you're just not capable of discerning an obvious troll account. No shame in that. Pattern recognition isn't everyone's forte. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I've my issues with Mildone (liberal loon) but he has never advocated banning someone for the sake of not agreeing with them. Some of his views are absolutely in accordance with liberal unAmerican ideals but this is not the case here
What issues? 😇

You can't even define what "conservative" (or "liberal") are. Your definition of liberal and conservative can be summed up as "different from me" and "same as me". You've spent your entire life thinking that way and even now, as I point it out, you can't see the problem. 🤣

You think you're conservative. You're not. Not even close.

Oregon was handed 2 Friday night games as well. Don't forget them.

Oregon was handed 2 Friday night games as well. Don't forget them.
They are west coast.. those teams will have the bulk of Friday night games simply because it makes sense. They are trading 8-9-10AM Saturday morning local time games for Friday Night 8pm their time games. Makes sense. How would they like an 11PM local time game? 2AM kickoff on the East Coast?

Arizona, huh? Not 11pm your time.

Come on, Numbers. You HAVE to go. It’ll be a great board reunion.
It would be fun, no doubt. Will likely depend on whether I can convince any of my ticket-mates or other friends to go, although I have gone to away games/bowl games solo in the past and had fun too...plus I do have a few friends in the LA area...

Reactions: rutgersal
When someone registers a new account and instantly starts bashing the team/brand/whatever on an internet forum, that's trolling.
I didn't bash the team. I pointed out an indisputable fact about its performance and fan attendance since joining the Big Ten to back up my argument that Rutgers fans have no business expecting any favors, scheduling or otherwise, from the conference at this stage.

LOL. I barely read what the troll posted. I didn't have to. The pattern of the post made it an obvious trolling attempt and the account had only one post. Interesting that you think the poster is male.

Anyway, now you're the one trolling (albeit very weakly). Your defensiveness about an obvious trolling account makes me wonder if you are that person using multiple accounts.

If you aren't here to troll, then perhaps you're just not capable of discerning an obvious troll account. No shame in that. Pattern recognition isn't everyone's forte. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.
If you spent as much time talking football as you did trying to call people trolls maybe you wouldn't be so angry on here.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU_Nut and mildone
If you spent as much time talking football as you did trying to call people trolls maybe you wouldn't be so angry on here.
Because talking football is the universal cure for anger? Ooooooh, I am sooooooo angry. 🤣

Maybe don’t give up your day job to become a psychologist. 😉

I was at that game and definitely an exciting time. Give Flood credit for going for 2 in the OT as the players were gassed. Paul James played a heck of a game. The Fresno D could not stop him. In the end QB Carr and his 3 WR set to the one sideline had the Fresno WR’s picking the Rutgers Defensive back leaving WR Davante Adams open for passes all game.

I didn't bash the team. I pointed out an indisputable fact about its performance and fan attendance since joining the Big Ten to back up my argument that Rutgers fans have no business expecting any favors, scheduling or otherwise, from the conference at this stage.

Bashing newbie Rutgers from 2014-2019 under the Flood - Ash era is crazy. Let’s see what 2020 -through 2026 turns out like? Then we can talk about attendance levels and performance.If we do start out say 5-1 or even better SHI stadium will be crazy at home.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Bashing newbie Rutgers from 2014-2019 under the Flood - Ash era is crazy.
2014 was RU's best season as a Big Ten member. It was also the last time that we legitimately sold out a home game. An entire decade; that's pretty sad to be honest.

2014 was RU's best season as a Big Ten member. It was also the last time that we legitimately sold out a home game. An entire decade; that's pretty sad to be honest.

It would be sad if we were good and couldn't sell out.

Sucking and nobody watching a sucky team i would think is normal.

I would say it is sad that we have sucked, not sad that we haven't gotten people to watch a bad product.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT