ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football games versus USC, Washington both moved to Friday night

2014 was RU's best season as a Big Ten member. It was also the last time that we legitimately sold out a home game. An entire decade; that's pretty sad to be honest.
Not nearly as sad as joining internet forums with no purpose but to obsessively troll.

And nobody would be surprised to learn you've been engaged in that behavior for a lot longer than "an entire decade", to be honest. 🙂

I didn't bash the team. I pointed out an indisputable fact about its performance and fan attendance since joining the Big Ten to back up my argument that Rutgers fans have no business expecting any favors, scheduling or otherwise, from the conference at this stage.
It is not a "favor" to not start a game at 11pm local time for the visiting team and its fans.. it is common sense. They could have easily avoided it. Some west teams line Minnesota have had 11AM locals starts for noon east coast games.. but with more teams I could see actual 11 AM kickoffs becomes a thing.. (if noon is okay rather than the very old tradition of 1pm.. why not another change?). And that opens up the chance for a visiting west coast team to kickoff at 8AM local time for an 11 AM East coast kickoff... would it be a "favor" to avoid that.. or common sense?

There I go, entertaining a troll. Bad on me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT