ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football games versus USC, Washington both moved to Friday night

Mad The Rock GIF

If possible, and it usually should be, West Coast teams should not be scheduled noon East Coast starts (9AM their time) nor East Coast teams for 8 PM (11 PM their time) starts on the West Coast. The players body clocks will be off and affect performance.

I get spreading around the Friday night games across lots of teams, but couldn’t they have tried to give USC a Friday night game against another west coast team? Forcing RU fans (and players/staff for that matter) to an 11pm start time on the east coast is ridiculous.

B10 schedule of Friday night games, one B12 game in the first week and at the end.

Why would you move the RU / USC game to Friday night? Take the biggest difference in Timezones between 2 opponents and move it to a night game. That's a sure way to limit your viewing audience on the east coast.
Agree. This is really stupid.

If possible, and it usually should be, West Coast teams should not be scheduled noon East Coast starts (9AM their time) nor East Coast teams for 8 PM (11 PM their time) starts on the West Coast. The players body clocks will be off and affect performance.

Wasn't the whole point of inviting West Coast teams to broadcast games late night games?

This was always likely to be a late night game.
That's just what happens with West Coast teams.

My use to be favorite nephew is getting married on Oct 19th, I'm going to have to find a way to get out of going.
I'm here for you with the best solution ever.

Sell the nephew. Although not necessarily specific to this particular issue, I also recommend selling the wife and kids at the same time, as they will surely complain about the sale of the nephew. It goes without saying that you'll have to sell the parents of the to-be-sold nephew since they too may attempt to interfere (alternative plan is to first offer them a cut of the proceeds and only sell them if they are incorruptible).

With the profits from the sale of these relatives, get a seat upgrade for the game(s). Bonus is that you should have plenty left over to donate to NIL which will temporarily placate some of our more vociferous "donate or you suck" fans.

Apparently Fox has World Series as a lead in to Rutgers/USC so thats why the really late kickoff.

Could get a huge TV number. Start time sucks though for many reasons.

And when the game goes to extra innings either the football game gets pushed back or everyone on the East Coast staying up late don't get to see the game until it's already under way. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: Leonard23
@WhiteBus Here it is. Oregon, Washington and UCLA being forced to play 2 Friday games. USC 1. This is how they are getting paid... New TV window making FOX money. And only have to pay WA and OR 30M each.

Just common sense... and i didn't know this was being published today... And John Wilner tweeted this the moment Fox announced Friday Night games.

Reactions: RutgersSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT