ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football games versus USC, Washington both moved to Friday night

Know what games never get pushed back because earlier programming went long?

Streaming.....

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

I figured Saturday after dark rather than Friday but you take the money, then you have to deal with whatever schedule the networks want.

Those will be the West Coast Only games. Saturday Night Live with the B10
They are not making an EST team play at 9-10PM.

Keep these in mind

9/8 Oregon @UCLA
11/2 USC @Wash
11/15 UCLA @Wash (Friday)
11/23 USC @UCLA
11/30 Wash @ Oregon

Maybe
9/21 Northwestern @Washington
10/12 Minnesota @UCLA
10/26 Illinois @ Oregon
11/9 Iowa @UCLA
11/16 Nebraska @USC

Ironically........ No game is on the same day

It’s going to be a great weekend in Southern California. Still plenty of time for all of you to go instead of complaining. So happy our flight is Wednesday and coming back Monday. Go RU!!!
Im going for a week---will work a couple days from LA office, then have 2nd half of the week and weekend to play. Trying to figure out if ill try for the Thurs/Rams and Sun/chargers games.

If we were at home, I'd absolutely hate that week night games, but having USC on Friday night makes it better with now having a full weekend for other stuff.

sorry but the time against USC is really really re^arded. You literally locked out the largest DMA in world as the WS goes longer then our game starts later. Only die hards will watch

absolutely stupid

@WhiteBus Here it is. Oregon, Washington and UCLA being forced to play 2 Friday games. USC 1. This is how they are getting paid... New TV window making FOX money. And only have to pay WA and OR 30M each.

Just common sense... and i didn't know this was being published today... And John Wilner tweeted this the moment Fox announced Friday Night games.
Yippee Friday night games 🙄. Again get some facts first on the money. You're just guessing.
When Rutgers and Maryland joined and the TV contract was signed there was no secrets. We knew exactly how much the Big Ten was making and how much Rutgers was going to make on day one. Now no one knows who's getting what.

Reactions: Leonard23
Yippee Friday night games 🙄. Again get some facts first on the money. You're just guessing.
When Rutgers and Maryland joined and the TV contract was signed there was no secrets. We knew exactly how much the Big Ten was making and how much Rutgers was going to make on day one. Now no one knows who's getting what.
every B10 team gets 2 Friday night games over 2yr period

What are you talking about.

Look at any of the original posts on the new Media contract. NBC paid for the 3rd window. CBS for the 2nd window and FOX for the Big 10 at noon.

Absolutely no mention of Friday night games (only announced after WA/OR came in). No mention of a Saturday 4th window.

If you want to put you head in the sand that is fine. But why are only premium Big10 teams playing these games on the West Coast.. and Not OSU, PSU or Michigan if this was always part of the plan.

But I guess you'll say FOX is pocketing this money and all these teams are playing Friday night games to throw FOX a bone.

What are you talking about.

Look at any of the original posts on the new Media contract. NBC paid for the 3rd window. CBS for the 2nd window and FOX for the Big 10 at noon.

Absolutely no mention of Friday night games (only announced after WA/OR came in). No mention of a Saturday 4th window.

If you want to put you head in the sand that is fine. But why are only premium Big10 teams playing these games on the West Coast.. and Not OSU, PSU or Michigan if this was always part of the plan.

But I guess you'll say FOX is pocketing this money and all these teams are playing Friday night games to throw FOX a bone.
Haha. Keep trying. The deal is still 7 years and $7 billion. If you read the Thamel article about a year later the contract wasn't signed. And all schools weren't happy about being lied to. Warren makes the deal and ends up giving trouble for the next commissioner. Don't you think that original contract included 2 more schools required?

All I can think of is that Fresno St. game back in 2013 the 52-51 OT loss. That game didn't get over until well after 1:30am and that was I believe a 10 pm kickoff. This USC game is going to suck ass to watch.
The game ended at 3:02 a.m. EST.

Great game to watch... heartbreaking ending.

DATE: 8/29/2013
SITE: Fresno, Calif.
STADIUM: Bulldog Stadium
ATTENDANCE: 33098
KICKOFF TIME: 7:36 pm
END OF GAME: 12:02 am
DURATION: 4:26
TEMPERATURE: 92
WIND: NW-13mph
WEATHER: Clear

Last edited:
The game ended at 3:02 a.m. EST.

Great game to watch... heartbreaking ending.

DATE: 8/29/2013
SITE: Fresno, Calif.
STADIUM: Bulldog Stadium
ATTENDANCE: 33098
KICKOFF TIME: 7:36 pm
END OF GAME: 12:02 am
DURATION: 4:26
TEMPERATURE: 92
WIND: NW-13mph
WEATHER: Clear
4 hours in 92 degrees to start, yikes

When are tOSU, UM, and PSU playing Fri night games? This schedule with some teams playing 2 Fri night games while others playing none is asinine. I see IU, Wisc, and MN also somehow managed to avoid any Fri night games as well in 2024... Makes no sense to have us, MSU, and Purdue play 2x while others play 0.

Last edited:
Are you new to TV and sports? The game will start on time on an overflow channel like FS1. Like happens to plenty of games each week.
Plus the pitch clock in baseball drastically speeds up the game. As long as the WS game doesn’t go into extra innings, there’s ample time between the games.

When are tOSU, UM, and PSU playing Fri night games? This schedule with some teams playing 2 Fri night games while others playing none is asinine. I see IU, Wisc, and MN also somehow managed to avoid any Fri night games as well in 2024... Make no sense to have us, MSU, and Purdue play 2x while others play 0.

Have you seen the '25 schedule?

• Haha
I can guarantee you that tOSU, UM, and PSU will not play 2 Fri night games in 2025.
well I can't make that guarantee as we've seen, things change but the network contract is clear in that every BIG school goes on a Friday night 2x over a 2yr period. Fox is paying over 400mm for this

In addition to the Fox games announced today, There will be several more B1G Friday night games announced next week. Those will be aired on FS1 or BTN.
16 total Friday night B1G games between Fox, FS1, and BTN per the Athletic.

Last edited:

Seems like PSU and OSU did not want Friday Night Home Game and Michigan neither.

I guess we will see.

This might have been the consession for FOX losing Big 10 title games to NBC and CBS which Warren did not have to offer. I know I heard PSU and Michigan conceding to something.

well I can't make that guarantee as we've seen, things change but the network contract is clear in that every BIG school goes on a Friday night 2x over a 2yr period. Fox is paying over 400mm for this
It's not gonna happen. tOSU, UM, and PSU will not play 2 Fri night games in 2025.

When are tOSU, UM, and PSU playing Fri night games? This schedule with some teams playing 2 Fri night games while others playing none is asinine. I see IU, Wisc, and MN also somehow managed to avoid any Fri night games as well in 2024... Make no sense to have us, MSU, and Purdue play 2x while others play 0.
We like to brag how our NYC audience got us into the B1G. Guess what, that’s same reason we have Friday night games. Dane reason we always had toughest west teams when we joined.

TV revenue is what allows us to get a big paycheck from B1G. We don't get something for nothing. Yes, it's a disadvantage. Team will adjust schedule to try & limit impact of late start. Hopefully we are rewarded with a W for our efforts stay up that late...

Are you new to TV and sports? The game will start on time on an overflow channel like FS1. Like happens to plenty of games each week.
I figure that is likely but I recall FOX delaying the start of some games the past few years on Fri/Sat nights. I am one of those idiots that actually watches the late games. Also the NHL playoff late games get delayed somewhat to make sure the first game is over. If overtime then they go to an overflow channel.

In addition to the Fox games announced today, There will be several more B1G Friday night games announced next week. Those will be aired on FS1 or BTN.
16 total Friday night B1G games between Fox, FS1, and BTN per the Athletic.
Wow, 16 Fri night games each season? Fox just announced 9 so 7 more then on FS1 and BTN. Hope we don't get a 3rd. If everyone gets a Fri night, it's certainly better to be on Fox. It'll be interesting to see if tOSU, UM, and PSU get any of those remaining 7 slots or if IU, Wisc, and MN get 2 with another school getting a 2nd or 3rd.
We like to brag how our NYC audience got us into the B1G. Guess what, that’s same reason we have Friday night games. Dane reason we always had toughest west teams when we joined.
True, we're used a lot like that.
Eternally pledging the fraternity
This.

It just means our big win leads all the Saturday morning pregame shows, right?
But the cost is, the team has to play at 11pm est and the logistics for those traveling to the game are not optimal. Will probably fly out Thursday night. Saturday would have been much better

I get the issues is you are at the game or playing the game but outside of that, I prefer watching a Friday night game over Saturday. In usually too tired fron worn to go out on a Friday.

Eternally pledging the fraternity
OK- now let's talk our schedule with no tOSU, Michigan, Indiana or Oregon this year.
We are in the B1G. It's a blessing, with some minor curses. Purdue and Michigan State each have 2 games on Friday nights.

Some interesting Posts on X:

Can guarantee that if Michigan , Ohio State or Penn State did play a Friday night game on the west coast they would show up in mass . Less complaints and more bodies in the Rose Bowl would be what BIG programs do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT