ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE from the GREG SCHIANO PRESS CONFERENCE

Liked everything I heard.

Sounds like he wants to be more that CEO type coach which is exactly what he should be.

Sounds like he's going to run a spread yay!!! Running it 40 times throwing it 14 and then throwing it 40 and running it 14 is pretty much the kind of quotes I've seen from Longo and Gleeson.

He's got a vision and he can sell it and let your staff take care of the rest. If he sticks with that he's got a chance.

He's absolutely right about the Livingston campus.

Back when I left in 2010 that campus was to be avoided!

Now its respectable.
LOL. When I was there it was basically a dressed up Camp Kilmer. Have not been back since 95. Will make it a point to check it out when im up from NC next.

Livingston is the place to be now. I lived there Freshmen and Sophomore year and it was a wasteland.
When I took one of my nephews on a tour of the Piscataway/New Brunswick campus, after, he told me he would have picked Rutgers if the whole campus was Livingston.

Liked everything I heard.

Sounds like he wants to be more that CEO type coach which is exactly what he should be.

Sounds like he's going to run a spread yay!!! Running it 40 times throwing it 14 and then throwing it 40 and running it 14 is pretty much the kind of quotes I've seen from Longo and Gleeson.

He's got a vision and he can sell it and let your staff take care of the rest. If he sticks with that he's got a chance.
Biggest positive in the whole thing is he has realized that you can’t control everything. Let the grounds keepers worry about emptying the garbage cans. His biggest effort is to be the face of the program and trust the people he hires. The rest is just a distraction.

"We've got a great group of players." so different than Ash who trashed our players in the first pc.
That was such a huge dis on our current players, set the tone for his whole tenure here.
Greg learned the art of disguise from HCKF.
My exact first thought when he said that: wanted to say: "Who do you think you are, Kyle Flood?"
He's absolutely right about the Livingston campus.

Back when I left in 2010 that campus was to be avoided!

Now its respectable.
Had to live in the Towers my freshman year - never went to Tillett unless I had to, avoided the rest of the campus and spent my time on Busch.
The block R magnet comment gave me goosebumps.
Yep, I've kept them on all my cars all this time - hope to see a lot of people on the roads joining me.
We could have hired a more accomplished coach

There is no chance we could have hired a coach with more love and passion for Rutgers - and it is coming though in every word he speaks
Back before he initially walked away, a good friend said this while we were discussing him: "He may or may not be a great coach, but he's a great coach for Rutgers!"
Took High road with Chris Christie. Good move
Absolutely nothing to be gained there, but I saw his lips quirk before he answered the question. He knew this would come up sooner or later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT