ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Bryant

This ain’t Iowa! Win is a win! Time to regroup and work on issues to get better. This is only the first game!

I’d pull a coach brooks move from the movie “miracle” and make them run sprints

Bryant came in loose, playing with nothing to lose. RU was tight and couldn’t make shots.

Getting a scare could be a good thing. Let’s see how the team responds.

People say it was poorly coached but I sort of disagree. We got to the line and we had major open looks but didn't hit them.

I can buy people saying shooting development but if the FTs are sunk or we shoot 25 percent from 3 point game isn't close at all.

Yeboah, Mathis and Mulcahy. Everything else was s--t. Only thing worse than our defense giving up 41 in the 2nd half was our shooting from everywhere all night. Haven't seen the stats but we probably forced a bunch of turnovers, so there is that I guess. I can't imagine we will shoot that bad.

Pretty long and athletic team if you are searching for positives.

Reactions: bac2therac
I’d pull a coach brooks move from the movie “miracle” and make them run sprints

In light of softball maybe not a great idea right now.

As illustrated in the article, Butler and Smith allegedly turned the training regime of Rutgers softball into a series of intense drills that bordered on abuse, forcing players to run sprints until they passed out, among other cruel tactics.

In light of softball maybe not a great idea right now.

As illustrated in the article, Butler and Smith allegedly turned the training regime of Rutgers softball into a series of intense drills that bordered on abuse, forcing players to run sprints until they passed out, among other cruel tactics.
i'm still waiting to hear from her former players...the girls she coached at toledo.....so far, nothing....unbelievable..disgruntled players
who have it in for the new coach....reputations are destroyed ,because
of accusations that may be sensationalized
for click bait.....they claim 11 players left the program. yet they had their best season in years. even a post season invite.....what a friggin world we live in today........coach shiano better watch out. he might be to tough on his players, and say bad words they may not like....god, i hope so

as for tonight's game.....it's obvious these kids were pumped up, and trying to show that the hype their receiving is legit........it's frustrating to watch, but we must understand it's the first game,
and new style of play...a few new players, and a team coming in with nothing to lose....the only real concern is ft shooting.....this must improve , or the season will be a repeat of last year......especially the scorers, and slashers
mathis will get to the line a lot, but needs to make ft's......rhj also.....shooting fifty% is god awful.....i bet they shoot 70, or 80% at practice..............yeboah has a nice shot, and it shows in his ft shooting......he should take charge as a fifth year senior, and give these boys a ft shooting lesson....something needs to be done, or a winning record will not happen, and this board will be wanting pikes head on a plate...which of course he doesn't deserve........."you can lead a horse to water" as the saying goes.....they all better start drinking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT