ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. MSU

New stat: average yardage between completed receiver and closest defensive back. Ru today? 5 yards, 2 ft. 6 inches. Just eyeballing.

When the other team makes a mistake in the passing game, we never take advantage by being in the right position to make a play.

I will argue with anyone to the grave about corner backs not turning to look for the ball when the receiver is clearly getting ready to catch. You NEVER see the top teams not going for picks. The best play against our defense is an underthrown deep ball. You could honestly do it every. Single. Play. Against our D backs and it will work every time
This is in every opposing team's scouting report.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Terrible decision to run that out, you waste 40 valuable seconds in the game (assuming first play of the drive is a run) AND lose 7 yards in the process. But our special teams players aren’t taught with that level of detail

It's absolutely demoralizing watching this week in and week out.

What Ash did was criminal to this school.

Snyder probably doesn’t have enough reps in practice to know the play book. If Langan got hurt we would just run the ball every play or do a QB run every play. There would be no passing.
I bet he knows the play book and can throw it to all the open guys.

Overheard Langan in the huddle saying, "Just like my grandfather's coach Ben Schwartzwalder used to to say, "when you pass two out of three things can go wrong. That's why we are 3 yards and a cloud of dust.Ready? ON TWO!"

27-0. Another fun, competitive Rutgers football Saturday. Thanks Hobbs!!!

Funny thing is if Blackshear and SITkowski didn’t quit, we’d have a real chance in this game. Their pass D is not good.

Reactions: RUScrew85
They should go for it on 4th down. I don't think they are risking losing the game by going for it and not making it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT