ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Stephen F. Austin

Not ready to bury anyone - just that I'm not ready to draw conclusions on his FT% based on such a small sample size. As a freshman, he was 2 missed FTs away from 64% and two made FTs away from 93%. Weren't you the one in the game thread the other day warning about drawing conclusions from small sample sizes?

At this point, Young may end up being an 80% shooter or a 65% shooter from the line. Time will tell.
I don't recall saying something about drawing a conclusion on a small sample size, but I do agree with that thought.
The jury is still out on Young, but that's doesn't look to be the case with Johnson and Mathis.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I don't recall saying something about drawing a conclusion on a small sample size, but I do agree with that thought.
The jury is still out on Young, but that's doesn't look to be the case with Johnson and Mathis.

Myles will improve..he will...for sure....i hope

Have seen the most out of Mathis (roughly as many attempts as Young and Johnson combined), and I agree the numbers don't look great. The challenge there, too, is that the nature of his offensive game takes him to the line more often - he was second only to Omoruyi last year in trips to the line.

Career numbers for each:
Mathis - 63/111 (.568)
Johnson - 24/57 (.421)
Young - 37/55 (.673)

He looks slow to me...:WideSmile:
Hahaha he needs to control his speed. Changing speeds is key. He can go a little slower than turn on that extra boost when he needs it on offense. Pick and choose his spots of when to attack better. He was off a year and with a new team so let's see how he settles in. I'm sure he's really anxious to make an immediate impact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT